Kit Carson Middle School 1

Posted April 26, 2014
My daughter is a straight A's student however, since she went here last year her grades went downhill. Most of the kids use profanity and there's always a fight going on.

Kit Carson Middle School 2

Posted April 14, 2014
Although I like the new things I see the principal trying to do. There are still obstacles in his path way. One of them is DC. The students shouldn't want to go there to hangout, play, get on their phone...etc. How do I know this? Look at my son's Facebook page and the students at KCMS post pictures from the Detention Center. Students should not want to go there to get out of learning. I have an issue with the hall monitor. Simply put: Please hunt for women off campus. It's bad enough to have to deal with a teenage son. I don't need to put names out there but I do know that this particular yard/hall monitor has always been chasing new female staff members. If you think I do not know what I am speaking about I have had six of my children come through Kit Carson. I love the teachers because they try. The new principal is a extremely needed addition. What they need there are new hall/monitors (yes, the DC monitor is a hall monitor too). It is inappropriate to have monitors that aren't rule models.

Kit Carson Middle School 5

Posted August 06, 2013
I am a student there and parents say there kid is not getting payed Attention to and all that but if u look at it through teachers point of View they teach like over 50 kids a day they don't have time to single Them out .ur job is to not worry .!?

Kit Carson Middle School 3

Posted May 10, 2013
I was very disappointed with the teachers not showing any interest in my kids IEP. The only teacher that showed up was the science teacher. Contact over the internet is great. The teachers seemed to work with the parent better over the internet than in person. They could use some personal skills with the parents.

Kit Carson Middle School 2

Posted June 15, 2012
I'm sure after I write this review I will be wishing I had changed this to an "ONE STAR" review. Just recently Mr. Turkie (one fo the two principals there) was removed to another school. Many of the staff members, parents and students missed him of course. Mr. Watters tried to step into his shoes since Mr. Turkie did most of the discipline there. The two stars are for his effort at trying to run that school by himself. Now the review starts: The children cuss infront of the staff members, pay no respect at all to any staff member, they don't care if the are being reprimanded, and all out ghetto atmosphere now. The students don't move out of your way when you are walking down the halls. In fact they will run into you and not apologize looking at you like it's your fault. The bright stop were the leadership students ran and taught by Kacie Go, who by the way will be teaching at same school as Mr. Turkie is at now. Her students in leadership knew what was expected from them. There were still some very bad apples in that group but she had shining stars amoung them. She did an excellent job. The teaching staff is reduced to 11 teachers next year. 4 of them in Sp. Ed.

Kit Carson Middle School 4

Posted February 03, 2012
The school has improved from years past. The new principals Mr. Watters and Mr. Turkie are very proactive. The principals know every student on campus by name. They walk through the classes and talk to the students. I have my sons there and can tell you there is a big difference with the new administration on campus. There is a special education class that has two people in there that really work with the students. Miss Guild and Miss Lethi. Both ladies go above and beyond their duties as teaching the children. Both ladies look out for the students in their class or out. It doesn't matter if they have the students in their class or not. Let one of the students tell them there is a problem at the school both ladies will either resolve it or take it to the principals to take care of it. My boys feel safe there. Those ladies will call parents out of the blue just to check with them.

Kit Carson Middle School 4

Posted December 22, 2010
i went to kit carson for two years and there i had the best expirience ever. i am now in hs and i have friends who went to sutter and they tell me how there was fights all the time while at kit there was rarely any fights. at kit i made great friends and had some of the best possible teachers. in 8th i was in all GATE classes and thought it was gonna be a rough year but in fact it wasnt, the teacher mrs.D was a great teacher and helped me through the thick and the thin. so basically what i am saying is if you think kit carson is a bad school then maybe you should think twice.

Kit Carson Middle School 5

Posted December 03, 2010
This school is the best. All the teachers at kit carson are awsome. Mr. Wattson is always on the look out for any trouble at the school. Mrs.Go, Mrs.Corando,Mr.Dieter and other teachers here are awsome. The school isn't bad at all. I was at kit carson for 7th and *th grade and the school is awsome. You don't have to be in Sutter or any other "GREAT" school to get to a good high school. By the way KCMS rules.

Kit Carson Middle School 0

Posted February 03, 2010
Hey , kit carson middle school does have some issues but '' what school does'nt , my daughter go's there and the teachers ,and mr wattson are always on the look out for those who plan only to show off and not go and learn . It's a good school just the wrong kind of kids that go ther but hey '' the kids make the school not the school makes the kid, so if any pearnt reads my rating i well say hey your the parent show your kids manners before you send them to any school . And yes kid carson rocks we love mr turkey ''vices principal so who says kit carson is a bad school not true because my daughter has been in on the honor roll many times and it's up to us parents to step up and show our teens respect .

Kit Carson Middle School 1

Posted January 30, 2010
this school is bad bad for your child to go to there is fights almost every day the kids here have no respect for their teacher either i hate it worst middle school ever.

Kit Carson Middle School
5301 N Street, Sacramento, CA  95819
Last modified Kit Carson Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 7-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Kit Carson Middle School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 20 reviews. Top