Sacramento, CA

Posted August 30, 2013
Didion is an outstanding school. The faculty staff are all very dedicated to the students. PTA involvement is strong and the community is wonderful. My child has been attending at Didion since she was kindergarten and is entering 3rd Grade. My child's STAR test scores are Advanced level!

Posted August 29, 2013
My student has attended the school since kinder and I can't say that I am very impressed. Everyone always says"Didion this" and "Didion that" but I have yet to see it. I will say this; If you're kid is a "tester"; they will do well here. Have a personality or be a bit hyperactive. Some teachers have no clue or patience for them

Posted August 27, 2013
I have two children attending Didion so I experienced lower and middle school. My children enjoyed Didion both socially and academically. The faculty are knowledgable, caring and responsive. In my experience, this is an excellent public school and we highly recommend Didion!

Posted August 26, 2013
I'm a student at this school who is going into the seventh grade. This school everyone from parents, teachers, and students are friendly and helpful. I've been going to this school since kinder and even knew some of the teachers before that because of my siblings. I've had the best school years ever and I've got wonderful grades because of them. My favorite teacher has been Mr. MacDonald he's soo helpful and nice. He's not just boring he even puts laughter into it. You should consider this school!!!

Genevieve Didion School 3

Posted August 26, 2013
Great Principal and a lot of great teachers. There are some teachers, though, that need to be evaluated! My son's 2nd grade teacher went MIA for months, so who knows how the 2nd half of the year went for him!

Genevieve Didion School 1

Posted June 02, 2013
My son has attended Didion since Kindergarten and I am truly disappointed with the school. The parents and teachers love to gossip about other students, teachers and parents. Students run wild on campus and have no manners and are rude to classmates and adults. Parents complain to one another but are afraid to take their concerns to the principal. More parents need to voice their concerns to turn this school around.

Genevieve Didion School 1

Posted May 01, 2013
My son attended Didion. I have nothing positive to say about his time there. Is there an option for zero stars?? His teacher was mean and should have retired several year earlier. On many occasions, I was told by other parents that the teacher was discussing my child with them. I shouldn't have been surprised as she discussed other children with me! I found the remaining teachers I encountered to be gossip mungers, arrogant, and lacking empathy and the ability to nuture children. The principal was a waste of time. I found the other students to be "okay" at best, but needed lessons in kindness. I sent my son there because I had heard such wonderful things and I bought into the idea that he "had" to be at Didion to succeed. My son scored in the Stanford 99.9 percentile in math and language last year. He has qualified for advanced classes and testing--wow, and look he didn't attend Didion. I would never recommend this school. My son still talks about how awful his year at Didion was.

Posted April 30, 2013
FINALLY!!!! Didion's true colors are being appropriately displayed! Students are hand picked, wrong and inaccurate addresses used and faculty not doing their best for the needs of the students. The principal is fully aware of this but doesn't handle matters appropriately. Hats off to the parents speaking their minds!

Posted October 29, 2012
Our children attended another school and did well because of a high level of parent involvement and participation, the real key to a successful school. Although we initially considered applying to Didion because of its outstanding test scores, I am gald we did not because of the stories we continue to hear about how Didion manufactures its high scores. We have heard about parents lying about their true address or using a relative's address to get their child into Didion. We have also heard of Didion asking a student not to return even though the student lives within its boundaries and with a sibling attending. So, bottom line is that it picks and choses the students that will achieve it the highest test scores even if that means turning its head away from the acts of dishonest parents or accepting students from outside its boundaries while rejecting the students who live within its boundaries. I'm sure Didion receives excellent parent support as well, but the practice of cherry picking, at least in part, explains its high year after year test scores. I'm not sure that the rewards are worth the long term physcological costs or that the practice is ethical for a public K-8 school.

Posted April 17, 2012
I love Didion! It has been a wonderful experience to go to this school. I made friends so easily and the teachers are very good. The principal really cares about the kids, and so does almost everyone on the staff. My grades are high, and a lot of that has to do with all the awesome teachers and excellent learning experience. I am in the 6th grade and will not be here for middle school, but I would DEFIANTLY recommend Didion for K-6. The middle school is ok, but, I myself am not a big fan of having middle schoolers (and I bet the middle schoolers do not like the "little kids" around) everywhere but I have gotten used too it. The teachers a great, the campus (is fairly small which I never minded) and the area are great, and the parents are very involved which I think is also great. Thank you for reading this and I hope you consider Didion for your child!

Genevieve Didion School
6490 Harmon Drive, Sacramento, CA  95831
Last modified Genevieve Didion School is a Public school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Genevieve Didion School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 40 reviews. Top