Bad
Good

I was a student at Genevieve Didion from 5th grade to 7th grade and I can honestly say only bad things about the school. Teachers are extremely lazy and don't teach and don't care about their students. Some of the middle school students do drugs. The school is overall an awful influence and I regret having to spend three years there.

Didion is an outstanding school. The faculty staff are all very dedicated to the students. PTA involvement is strong and the community is wonderful. My child has been attending at Didion since she was kindergarten and is entering 3rd Grade. My child's STAR test scores are Advanced level!

My student has attended the school since kinder and I can't say that I am very impressed. Everyone always says"Didion this" and "Didion that" but I have yet to see it. I will say this; If you're kid is a "tester"; they will do well here. Have a personality or be a bit hyperactive. Some teachers have no clue or patience for them

I have two children attending Didion so I experienced lower and middle school. My children enjoyed Didion both socially and academically. The faculty are knowledgable, caring and responsive. In my experience, this is an excellent public school and we highly recommend Didion!

I'm a student at this school who is going into the seventh grade. This school everyone from parents, teachers, and students are friendly and helpful. I've been going to this school since kinder and even knew some of the teachers before that because of my siblings. I've had the best school years ever and I've got wonderful grades because of them. My favorite teacher has been Mr. MacDonald he's soo helpful and nice. He's not just boring he even puts laughter into it. You should consider this school!!!

Great Principal and a lot of great teachers. There are some teachers, though, that need to be evaluated! My son's 2nd grade teacher went MIA for months, so who knows how the 2nd half of the year went for him!

My son has attended Didion since Kindergarten and I am truly disappointed with the school. The parents and teachers love to gossip about other students, teachers and parents. Students run wild on campus and have no manners and are rude to classmates and adults. Parents complain to one another but are afraid to take their concerns to the principal. More parents need to voice their concerns to turn this school around.

My son attended Didion. I have nothing positive to say about his time there. Is there an option for zero stars?? His teacher was mean and should have retired several year earlier. On many occasions, I was told by other parents that the teacher was discussing my child with them. I shouldn't have been surprised as she discussed other children with me! I found the remaining teachers I encountered to be gossip mungers, arrogant, and lacking empathy and the ability to nuture children. The principal was a waste of time. I found the other students to be "okay" at best, but needed lessons in kindness. I sent my son there because I had heard such wonderful things and I bought into the idea that he "had" to be at Didion to succeed. My son scored in the Stanford 99.9 percentile in math and language last year. He has qualified for advanced classes and testing--wow, and look he didn't attend Didion. I would never recommend this school. My son still talks about how awful his year at Didion was.

FINALLY!!!! Didion's true colors are being appropriately displayed! Students are hand picked, wrong and inaccurate addresses used and faculty not doing their best for the needs of the students. The principal is fully aware of this but doesn't handle matters appropriately. Hats off to the parents speaking their minds!

Our children attended another school and did well because of a high level of parent involvement and participation, the real key to a successful school. Although we initially considered applying to Didion because of its outstanding test scores, I am gald we did not because of the stories we continue to hear about how Didion manufactures its high scores. We have heard about parents lying about their true address or using a relative's address to get their child into Didion. We have also heard of Didion asking a student not to return even though the student lives within its boundaries and with a sibling attending. So, bottom line is that it picks and choses the students that will achieve it the highest test scores even if that means turning its head away from the acts of dishonest parents or accepting students from outside its boundaries while rejecting the students who live within its boundaries. I'm sure Didion receives excellent parent support as well, but the practice of cherry picking, at least in part, explains its high year after year test scores. I'm not sure that the rewards are worth the long term physcological costs or that the practice is ethical for a public K-8 school.

Last modified Genevieve Didion School is a Public school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.