Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)

Teacher effectiveness: Agree

There are some awesome teachers, but there are some (very few) teachers who push hard without being supportive.

Amount of homework: Disagree

Yes, I think there are some teachers that give way too much schoolwork. And I'm an educator.

Develops character: Strongly agree

They're not perfect, but I am happy that these values are clearly important to them.

We had several concerns about our son attending school here, and knew full well of the things that were said. We even planned on our son going to a different school (Arden), but switched back to Einstein right before the school term started. In all honesty, we have never regretted it. Yes, there are things that need improvement, but if you have heard negative things in the past, try to talk to a parent whose child has attended more recently. Things are getting much better. There are clubs and there is a strong culture moving through requiring the kids to be more respectful. My recommendation: Be as involved as possible, get to know the teachers/coaches/principal, and if anything comes up, they have your back. By the way, we had another child at Sutter, another was homeschooled, and now our son goes to Einstein, so we did a great deal of research as well. Good luck in whatever you choose.

In comment to the student who didn't get an A in debate- my son had debate for two years and had the best time. He learned to think, to analyze, and yes to perform. Ms. Clapper encouraged him to think abstractly, to find the humor in things, and most importantly, to think for himself. He learned skills in Debate that he never learned before. Because of Debate, he is assertive, strong-minded, and has a high self-esteem. Sometimes it takes a director and not just a teacher.

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

To the debate comment - sometimes it takes a great director to teach a child. My son had Ms. Clapper for two years in Debate and the skills that he learned were incredible. He learned to analyze, communicate, think of his feet, and to see both sides of an argument. That's not easy to do with 7-8 graders.

Amount of homework: Disagree

My son had way too much homework in math and it just seemed to be busy work. Ms. Nickel assigns almost two hours a night.

My son enrolled this year and did good except for one class. Debate, his teacher, Peggy Clapper seems more like a movie director than a teacher. Its hard to trust my son is in good hands. Besides that he is doing great and getting As in other classes. I still expect more. It only takes one teacher to mess up your future.

I think accusing people such as this person who states to claim how this School lost an enture school file are rather funny. You people always enjoy laying the blame onto someone else. Grow up and stop blaming others for your wrongs. Nobody owes you nothing. This is an alright school a little bit over welming on students of the non white heritage. If other cultures. Chooses to be disruptive and or obnoxious then the facility needa to eliminate the disturbance. People at school are there to learn , not to be distracted by an annoyance. Some people like myself do infact care about education. Education and educated people excell in this world.

My son came to Einstein from an elementary GATE program. He has enjoyed challenging and engaging classes while at Einstein with many exceptional teachers including Ms. Nickel in the math department, Ms. Leas in history, Mrs. Cacamo in science, Mr. Combrink in language arts, Mrs. Zimny in band and Mr. Blockman in PE. I appreciate how quickly teachers respond to email and that I have never once been worried about my child's safety while at this school. High marks for the dedicated Einstein staff!!

Last modified Albert Einstein Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 7-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.