Bad
Good

I was reluctant to have my son attend school here because of how low it was rated. I was waiting to have him transferred to another school, but Elder Creek Elementary has proved me wrong. My son is in regular kindergarten here and the teachers are wonderful. They are tentative about his development in schools do as a individual. They always keep me informed about his progress and offer other homework to help him succeed further. I don't care about the school ratings or the parents that make bad comments about this school. This school deserves better ratings.

My son just finished Kindergarten here in the Cantonese immersion program. His teacher was incredibly involved and cared about his development as an individual.

Disappointed. The after school program is a joke. They spend 10-15 minutes on homework and play the rest. I realized START was doing nothing for my son, in fact he is way behind on his academics now so I had to pull him out of START. The parents are non-cooperative with safety. The school seem to have given up. Attempts with police officer to regulate traffic has been unsuccessful. I often see parents moving the do not enter cones to pass through and staff allows parents to park on the pedestrian crosswalk!. Honestly, I feel if you're child is not in the Chinese immersion program then don't bother going here. I wish I could give a better review but these are the facts. Teachers are friendly but that's it. Even if you make a big effort in helping your child succeed, it can only go so far if the school is basic. Although my daughter is doing great at this school, I feel she can get better results somewhere else. I pray I get my school of choice soon!!

My son went to this school for 1st and part of 2nd grade before I terminated his enrollment. The teachers are as varied as I've ever seen at any school. There seems to be no standards by which they are evaluated. There were at least 3 principals during my son's time there. Only the last one seemed to be concerned although out of touch with the issues plaguing the school. One issue is that the school became a victim of the NCLB act. Another is that there seemed to be no control during school breaks. Violence was constant and went almost wholly unpunished and unrecorded. My son's education was failing at best although the teachers communicated that he was doing well. An independent evaluation found that he was almost a year behind in language arts and barely grasping math facts. When I questioned his teacher on this matter I was told, "Don't worry about it. We'll take care of it."

Elder Creek school is Excellent school for 2011-2012 the teachers are great the school provider is wonderful and they have after school program I love my kids to continue going here

I strongly agree with the last post. My son started Kindergarten here and he is now in the 1st grade. I don't feel like the teachers and school provide the necessary "help" as needed for the struggling child unless your child is a special program like the chinese immersion program. The classrooms are full and teachers seem rush. Either your child gets it or too bad. When I asked how my child can get extra help, I was given papers to do at home as well. I've heard about other schools that provide after school programs. So I'm contemplating if I want my child to continue going here.

I'm not to happy about this school's programming help for the students. I've been trying for years to get help for my son's reading comprehsion etc...All they do is give me papers to try with him at home..what??? Every time he had a test,his teacher will point out english/reading questions. If all the teachers would be together,his teacher would have notice this is an ongoing situation with my son. He has been attending that school since kindergarten and soon will be graduating. I do my part as a parent and they don't do their part as a teacher. Our children are in school most of their little lifes until their adults. I just wanted help!! But now he is doing better because I had to find him a tutor outside of the school. Elder Creek get it together...don't just stop worring about the kids who need help...and please stop calling my house aboout your test scores..that's all you all are worried about..,what rank you are.

the elder creek elementary school is a great school for all the kidand all the student or teacher

This is a wonderful school to teach at. I ve really enjoyed my time here and would love to teach here forever if I am able to. This school is diverse and the student population is just a wonderful mix. I also like the challenges with the EL groups; it makes each day worth it. Mrs. DeSplinter is an easy going principle and I could not have asked for a better administrator.

Last modified Elder Creek Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.