Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Just right (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Staff member (1 response)

O. W. Erlewine Elementary School 5

Posted March 24, 2016
I love Erlewine, my daughter is doing well and likes going to school. All of the staff are great, they make you feel welcome and the office staff seems to know all children by name. My daughter is in the 1st grade and has been going here since Kindergarten. I am glad that my daughter had the opportunity to start her elementary school years at Erlewine. I feel confident that my daughter is safe at school while I work.

Grateful to: Teacher

Posted March 24, 2016
Ms. Silvera is awesome! When I felt like I wasn't doing so well parenting because of also going to school myself and working, she helped me realize during our time in parent conferences that the balance is difficult but it's all worth it in the end and that I am doing a good job.

Teacher effectiveness: Very effective

Posted March 24, 2016
Ms. Silvera is AWESOME! I was worried my daughter would run her teacher because everyone always thinks she is cute and gives in to her. Not Ms. Silvera, she is fair and there is no favorarism at all, I can appreciate when a teacher has a balance between rules and fun. My daughter respects her and still likes her. Put it this way I was on the verge of tears when my daughter went to first grade because I didn't want to lose her as a teacher. Lucky us to our surprise she taught 1st grade and we got to have her one more year!

Develops empathy: Strongly agree

Posted March 24, 2016
I love the "how did you make a difference?" curriculum. It empowers the children when they recognize that they have done something positive and that others have noticed as well.

O. W. Erlewine Elementary School 5

Posted February 17, 2016
This is a small well run community school. The principal & staff are very caring. The curriculum is solid.

Grateful to: Staff member

Posted October 01, 2015
The principal, Mrs. Smith has managed to create a school that is not only the envy of the Sacramento City Unified School District, but also a school high on the parent's list of favorites. Through Mrs. Smith's leadership and the entire staff of this school, a school has been created that truly has concern and feeling for each and every student who attends.

Teacher effectiveness: Very effective

Posted October 01, 2015
Through true concern and caring for each and every student the staff/teachers have developed a means of not only teaching, but also, reaching each student in a way that assists and educates them all.

Amount of homework: Just right

Posted October 01, 2015
Homework issued at this school is done in an understanding and concerned fashion. The staff teach the students the meaning of homework and how the completion of same will assist the students not only with their learning but also with their future.

Develops grit: Strongly agree

Posted October 01, 2015
A student's learning/developing persistence, grit , and determination are taught in a very caring and concerned atmosphere at this school.

Develops respect: Strongly agree

Posted October 01, 2015
Through staff caring and concern for the students they develop respect for each other and themselves.

2441 Stansberry Way, Sacramento, CA  95826-2120
Last modified O. W. Erlewine Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.