Bad
Good

Golden Empire is the best school my students have attended in the state of California. (My husband is military and we move a lot!). The princpal is kind and caring it is obvious she cares about the students. I know she expects a lot from the students and the staff. She knows all of the student s names and there are a lot of them! I love how she greets the students each morning. Her communication with the families is awesome. I know my students are safe and looked after. There are some super teachers at Golden Empire but 2 excellent teachers just retired. Expect a lot of homework each night (at least my older kids have a lot of homework). A nice office staff. They have a strong PTA and band program which my kids love. An amazing school! Highly recommend.

I attended Golden Empire for my entire primary education. I do remember from 2nd-6th grade and have to say it was a wonderful experience. I am 31 yrs old now and a Physician. I know this may or may not reflect the current standards of the school but I can only hope that the children are getting the same, or even better, education I received. Thank you to the wonderful teachers that gave me the stable foundation to peruse my dreams. To all the hard working and dedicated teachers...I salute you! Your effort is always appreciated! Thank You!

This was our first year here, and within the first quarter both my kids teachers had noticed that they were struggling and started doing after school tutoring with them (and a few other kids), which lasted most of the year. Both of them love their teachers (K and 3rd) and have made friends, however my 3rd grader has also been picked on/bullied by other kids and retaliated. When that has happened, the principal dealt with all children involved within that day. My 3rd grader has an IEP because of her reading disability, and was 2 years behind when she started. She is now about one year behind, so she made 2 years progress in 1 year. The RSP teacher seems to know how to get around my daughter's bad attitude and get her to comply (and even enjoy) reading. There are quite a few field trips, a carnival, family reading night, math night, a talent show, and many more events. The 3rd grade teacher puts on plays throughout the year, performing for family and younger classes. So cute! Both kids have "buddies" in other grades that they mentor or are mentored by. Of course there have been things I didn't like this year, but overall I like this school better than others we've attended.

I believe this is a good school, it has so many programs that have been cut from other schools due to the hard work of the teachers, principal, staff, parents and kids!! The emails I get about my grandsons weekly progress is GREAT and very helpful to aide him in his education!! It's nice to see the principal before and after school surrounded by the students waiting to give her hugs. She knows each child and has a real hands on with what the kids need. I love spending time in the classroom with the kids and seeing how well the teachers teach these children. I'm proud my son goes to this school and recommend it to any parent who cares about their child's education!!!!!

The teachers here are hardworking and communicate well with parents. I am comfortable on campus and feel it ais a friendly and effective environment.

I agree, attendance is the only concern for this school. I guess because there are funds to earn behind it. On other things I have no idea when my grandson acts on a certain day. If he is made to stay in a classroom for two weeks because he threw food in the lunch room, shouldn't I know about it?

Golden Empire's teachers (I can only rate the 5th and 6th grade, since this is when my granddaughter began attending GE) are AWESOME! They really want the children to succeed and volunteer personal time to the students who are falling behind. When I attended elementary school in the 70's, teachers Never stayed after school to provide additional lessons for students. I do however believe children these days are given waaay too much homework... but that's another issue. If you are looking for a great school... Golden Empire should be your choice!

I am very disappointed in this school. I strongly agree that the principal only cares about attendance, and crosses her professional line quite often. I feel that the teachers should communicate through email more with parents. I have never felt that any of my child's teachers have had a true open door policy at this school. I strongly feel that Golden Empire can benefit by obtaining a new Principal, someone needs to make some obvious logical changes.

This is my 8th year teaching at Golden Empire. The hard work of my talented and dedicated co-teachers (and their great students) was realized this year when we received The Blue Ribbon Award. This award was given to only 320 schools in the United States. Golden Empire is a neighborhood school with a great environment for learning. I would recommend this school to any parents looking for a school for their children.

With all the schools are required to do and all the pressure to prove their worth by test scores, I feel that this school really trues to maintain a balance while meeting all the needs put upon them. It is an excellent school with a dedicates staff. I recommend it to anyone.

Last modified Golden Empire Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.