Posted April 30, 2014
My two sons attend Bret Harte elementary. I recently spent the day with them observing their classes. I was very impressed with how the teachers had the students attention. You could tell that the teachers really cared about the well being and progress of each student. The library was impressive as well as the arts and music elements. I

Bret Harte Elementary School 4

Posted April 18, 2014
My school is Bret Harte Elementary. This school has had many changes but is constantly striving to be better and better. My son loves his school and his teacher Mr. Kruetz. It makes it so much better when your child loves going to school. I especially love the S.T.A.R.T. after school program. Mr. Annbell (who is no longer there) has made a lasting impression on my son. Ms. Angela does so many great activities with the kids and really gets them involved. I appreciate her and her staff so much. As well as the entire Bret Harte staff.

Bret Harte Elementary School 2

Posted March 13, 2014
Bret Harte is no longer the happy, family friendly place it once was. There's been so much turn around parents, staff and students are unhappy. The school closure really zapped the school of its energy & great learning environment. The PTA has not been one of including all in events and plays a big part in the division of the school. Leadership is questionable in both the school and the PTA. The Healthy Start program has been a life saver and the sanctity of the school. It's the one place that remains family friendly and includes ALL. The START after school program is a wonderful and has great program leaders who really love t the students and are committed to them. There is a wonderful Autistic class and the BEST Special Education class which is geared toward student success. There is a fantastic advance classes from grades 1-6 and the 6th grade is great. Fantastic Music program.They have parent meetings once a week but ,it too is not inclusive of all parents and many parents don't feel welcome in the parent center so they don't attend. This school could really improve on TIMELY communication and inclusiveness.. When visiting don't believe everything you see.

Posted April 30, 2013
Great school! Our teachers Ms. Bunny and Mr. Richardson are just great and very professional! I really appreciate them! Mr. Mac is amazing - I have never seen that attitude to my kids before. We'll never forget this Bret Harte expereice! Advice: Choose teachers not school!

Posted February 07, 2013
This School is far better than the other Charter Schools I had my son go to in his first years. It has the same sense of community that they do, but on top of that... It is so well managed, the kids are happy, they take care to make sure no one gets bullied, and no use of foul language is allowed. The office is great, the principle is amazing, the teachers are caring and take the time to address your individual needs.. its such an amazing school.. Thank you Bret Harte for being what every public school should be! This school is doing it right.

Bret Harte Elementary School 0

Posted April 16, 2010
Bret Harte is a wonderful school. My 1st grader is thriving under a great teacher, great VP and fantastic Principal.

Bret Harte Elementary School 3

Posted November 22, 2009

Bret Harte Elementary School 4

Posted July 03, 2009
My son had a wonderful kinder experience this year. I was pleased with all that he learned and the concepts that were introduced to him. He likes school and wants to learn! I'm thankful we don't have to drive across town for a good school, there is one in our neighborhood.

Posted February 05, 2009

Posted June 30, 2007

Bret Harte Elementary School
2751 Ninth Avenue, Sacramento, CA  95818
Last modified Bret Harte Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Bret Harte Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 16 reviews. Top