Posted December 14, 2013
I use to be a student in 97 and ive notice a huge change from when i went here and i havent heard anything bad coming from this school not like when i went there Johnson was always on the news and not becuz of something good. But we have to remember its up to the students if they want to learn or not and how they act in school.

Posted August 01, 2013
I have a son is attending to 10th grade this year to Hiram W. Johnson High school he like it is not bad what everyone say it has improve the student and the teacher willing to do right! Us parent are trying to get a PTA member to get more parent and student to help out the school and keep it safety and security. I like the how the school are getting more by langues to come together. We can o help the family come in one to bring there student to school in the same district. Principal and teacher should get more invold with the student and get to know them and instead stair a type them how they walk talk and dress it about education and who wants to lean and be somebody in there life going to school with out student in school teacher will not get paid. We are going to have more communication for the student and parent and teacher and principal to come together and hear everyone voice to be heard! Thank you!

Posted July 28, 2013
I've attended Hiram Johnson for one year now as a Junior, now a senior. I previously went to a very "High ended" high school on the East Coast in North Carolina. The community and population is very different to me, it is more cultural and honestly I was culture shocked when first moving here. I am an Asian who was raised in a mainly white community, and it was very different for me. Despise the horrible rumors about Hiram Johnson, I attended and I'm glad I did. I'm a young girl who is pursuing a medical career and Hiram Johnson has given me the opportunity to visit multiple medical sites, receive hands on training, and to even meet many inspirational medical icons. The education here is wonderful as long as you know or have an idea of who you would like to be in the future. Some rumors are true, it all depends on who you decide to group yourself with.

Posted May 04, 2012
Dr.OZ has visited Hiram Johnson because of Mr. Vidovich and his third period English class.

Posted May 07, 2011
I'm a sophmore at HJHS. Many people say that Hiram Johnson Highschool is a bad school just because of the reputation of many bad kids, fights, and many other things and issues. This is FALSE. If you actually take a chance and come to this school, its a very good school. They teach you the same thing like any other highschools around us. Every teacher has their own way of teaching. The only thing that is backing Hiram Johnson Highschool down is the different administration. Last year when i was a freshman, the school was good. I knew many different teachers who supported me and welcomed me. On top of that, the administration was very different. Its not because of the student's reputation or the teachers. The only reason why teachers are teaching like this is because of the administarion and because they DO NOT want to loose their jobs. This year, half the teachers i knew were fired, BECAUSE OF THE STUDENT'S STATE TEST. The only reason why our school is in the top 10 of the WORST SCHOOLS is because of the state tests, grades, and the administration. If you have never went to HJHS, then you wouldn't know the difference between now and 10 years ago.

Posted October 09, 2010
I am SO happy with the curriculum and programs at HJHS. I have two children there and they're very happy and excited about school! When we first moved to Sacramento, my daughter was just finishing middle school. Upon entering high school, she fed into HJHS however she wanted to go to another school so we transferred and her grades went down horribly. Now that she's back at HJHS, I can't tell you how much she's excelling in all her classes! She's involved in so many activities. My son just started high school. He also goes to HJHS. They are doing so well and are so engaged in clubs, athletics and their classes! I truly believe that with the sense of caring they're receiving from the teachers and program sponsors, they've become exceptional students. If I knew what I know now, we would've never left!

Posted October 01, 2010
We had tried to get my son in to McClatchy through a transfer, but they were so behind in paperwork that they let us know he got in during the middle of the second week of school. By that time, my son was enjoying Johnson! Comparing the staff at the two schools is like apples to oranges. Johnson has been caring, involved and motivated. I even got a call from one of his teachers last night just saying how glad she is that he's in his class and what a good kid he is. I'm so glad he chose Johnson!

Hiram W. Johnson High School 0

Posted January 25, 2010
HJHS has a bad reputation from it's past, but in recent years, has really made huge strides in progress. The teachers and administrators are constantly seeking ways to better the school and improve the community there.

Hiram W. Johnson High School 2

Posted December 23, 2009

Posted October 15, 2009

Hiram W. Johnson High School
6879 14th Avenue, Sacramento, CA  95820
Last modified Hiram W. Johnson High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Hiram W. Johnson High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 30 reviews. Top