Posted June 08, 2014
Wonderful school with caring teachers and a beautiful facility. Even the library is great for an elementary school.

Posted May 29, 2014
We have been at Judah for 5 years and have 3 children that attend here. The staff, teachers and PTA are very dedicated to my children and making sure they are being educated in a diverse environment. The school offers many programs and is always pushing my children educationally to be the best that they can be. I recommend this school to everyone. There is a nice comforting feeling when I go to work and know that my kids are in such great hands.

Theodore Judah Elementary School 4

Posted May 28, 2014
I have 2 children at TJ. We were lucky to get in during Open Enrollment, and do not reside in East Sac. In fact, we are residents of Oak Park. I was concerned at first that we would not fit in and might even be left out, but my concerns were unwarranted. We transferred from SCUSD's #1 school after learning they were unable to meet the needs of one of my children. The team at Theodore Judah has been so supportive and encouraging to my special child and our family as a whole. Principal Celeste has always been kind, and fellow parents have been warm and inviting. My children are educationally challenged and receive art, music, and garden lessons that keep them engaged. I love this school.

Posted May 28, 2014
We are so excited about our experience at Judah. The staff has been very accommodating and welcoming to our child. The philosophy the school has about the inclusion of art, science and music in the school day make the learning environment very engaging. The facility is old and in need of TLC but parents and community members are doing a great job of keeping that front and center so the district makes improvements. The families that attend watch out for each other and come together to make smart decisions for our children and the education they receive.

Posted May 25, 2014
This school is WONDERFUL! After reading the last few reviews, I am so confused and saddened by the negative and odd comments people are making about our school. Sure, it is old and class sizes are big, but that is city wide and we need to take that up with the district. If your kid has special needs or behavioral problems, maybe that's a separate issue, but don't blame the teachers and staff who work so hard to make this school amazing. The PTA works hard too and should not be blamed for "taking over the school," or raising "cliquish children!" Such silliness! This summer we are getting many improvements made to the school and our programs continue to be some of the strongest in the district. This is a lovely neighborhood school and it hurts my heart to see it spoken so poorly of. People are waiting to attend here and the community of parents is outstanding. I guess some folks just have a hard time seeing how tremendous our little school is.

Theodore Judah Elementary School 1

Posted May 25, 2014
My wife and I are not sure we did the right thing by transferring our son to this school. The building is old and smells horrible. People from the surrounding neighborhood bring their dogs in and let them poop on the playground area and he has ruined three pair of shoes from stepping in it. Our son has always enjoyed school but has become withdrawn and does not like going to school anymore since starting here. We have tried discussing our concerns with the principal but she is less than helpful. The teachers seem like they are unhappy and under stress all of the time. The school has safety issues.
2 people found this helpful

Theodore Judah Elementary School 2

Posted April 30, 2014
I was drawn by what seemed like a true sense of community and good academic programs. My daughter really wanted to go to this school, but after a few months she begged me everyday not to go. The very first day of kindergarten, she came hone full of anxiety asking about the bench, the principals office, and calls home for bad behavior. When I asked her what she did at school, she said they had to sit all day and any playtime was short. I volunteered and noticed the kids were in trouble for minor offenses... hair twirling, squirming, sitting the wrong way. I'll also have to agree with previous post that there is a non-inclusive, clique mentality prevalent among the highly involved pta parents. Even worse, the same attitude seemed apparent among their kids. My daughter has always been outgoing with lots of friends. She was left out by the other girls in her class. The teacher didn't seem to notice or understand how to create a class culture of inclusivity. My child became more isolated, anxious, and unconfident as time passed. After finally leaving the school, I sent a message to the principal requesting to aire my concerns. I never received a reply. Don't believe the hype.
2 people found this helpful

Posted January 17, 2014
This wonderful gem of a school is run by an excellent administration and teaching staff. The parents are supportive and help fund music science and the arts. The best part is the community if families. We all watch out for each others kids, good diversity and smart happy kids. And they have chickens in the garden program!!

Theodore Judah Elementary School 4

Posted August 22, 2013
We moved from the east coast to Sacramento several years ago. My son started Kindergarten at TJ. We live a five minute walk away. I was hoping that we'd be able to find a real neighborhood school in which parents were fully involved in their kid's education and with a high standard of educational excellence. TJ is all of that with a good core of teachers and a better group of kids. I would hope that the dissension witnessed this past year among the diverse parent make up will be resolved through better dialogue particularly with a new inflow of students coming in from several of the schools which were closed. I am confident that this will happen.

Theodore Judah Elementary School 2

Posted August 04, 2013
As far as the learning experience goes this school is top notch. But the principal is very cold and unapproachable. She has a certain group of parents whom she plays "favorites" with. If you complain she retaliates. We enjoy the teachers and most of them have been great!

Theodore Judah Elementary School
3919 Mckinley Boulevard, Sacramento, CA  95819
Last modified Theodore Judah Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Theodore Judah Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 59 reviews. Top