Sacramento, CA

Posted July 25, 2010
MLK is a great school that I am proud to have my child apart of. The staff is great and accept help. The PTA is awesome and like no other. Thank you MLK for your support and great instruction.

Posted October 18, 2008
MLK is a nice neighborhood school that I have been involved with as a parent and staff member for 12 years. The staff is exceptional and the students and families are awesome.

Posted October 02, 2008
This school recently 2008 got a new principal who has a tremendous amount of experience with technology. One of his goals is to bring more technology to the classroom. I like the small size of the school, and how the teachers, know all of the students, not just their own. My daughter has had a wonderful experience so far, even the chef in the cafeteria is thoughtful and knows all of the kids. My daughter also participates in the after school and before school care. the staff there is wonderful. I like that it is broken into two age groups, K-2 and 3-6. They do wonderful arts and crafts, stories, and lots of running around outside.

Posted August 26, 2008
My children have enjoyed being part of the MLK Jr. School for the past 2 years. There interests have expanded,. They are enthusiastic and excited about school. I appreciate the friendly staff and warm welcome my family and I have recieved at MLK Jr. I believe MLK Jr. has made a difference in my childrens' education! Thanks you MLK Jr! Mom of a MLK Jr. and now a JFK student

Posted June 09, 2008
Overall, I believe the academic quality of the education at MLK is very high. The teachers are very commited and involved with their students, even after they have moved on to a new grade level. The total population of the school is around 500 students -- just about the right size. Parent involvement is very high and the PTA is very strong. The music and afterschool art programs provide a good selection of extracurricular activities. MLK K-8 is a great environment for children to learn and grow.

Posted August 30, 2007
MLK is a great school. I have never seen teachers more involved in their students lives. Keep up the good work.

Posted July 22, 2007

Martin Luther King, Jr School 3

Posted May 29, 2007
My daughter has been enrolled at MLK since kindergarten. I feel the quality of academic programs depend on the teachers individually. In first grade my daughter was encouraged to stretch her academic level, in second grade, she was definitely not challenged enough. The music program has met the basic needs. Art appears to have been put on the back-burner. The extracurricular activities are great and a good way for the children to socialize. My daughter was in speech class due a small stuttering problem that after a few sessions has gone away. Parent involvement is one of their best assets. I see more parents volunteer each year. The principal is fair. I am not impressed with the daycare, it is overpriced with little activity and enthusiasm.

Martin Luther King, Jr School 1

Posted September 25, 2006
The 'leadership' staff are not very receptive and open to listening to concerns of parents and do not address teacher issues. Also, the daycare staff for the younger grades seem to be somewhat 'burned out' and it often seems to be a depressed environment where the children seem generally down. I would not recommend the school or daycare.

Martin Luther King, Jr School 3

Posted September 23, 2005
The academic programs are at a higher level than most Sac county schools. The music, sports and other extracurricular programs could be greatly improved for all grades, especially the 7th & 8th grade students. The parent participation is outstanding at MLK. Keep it up parents!

Martin Luther King, Jr School
480 Little River Way, Sacramento, CA  95831
Last modified Martin Luther King, Jr School is a Public school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Martin Luther King, Jr School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 14 reviews. Top