William Land Elementary School 2

Posted June 12, 2015
This is one of thee most unprofessional staff I've come across at an elementary. The attendance lady was always so rude and disrespectful my son's fourth grade teacher openly bullied him in front of class mates. These adults here should be ashamed of themselves. They're supposed to be these children's role models and peers not making them cry and tear them down. I'm so thankful he will be attending a new school and getting away from these rude immature so called adults.

William Land Elementary School 1

Posted May 07, 2015
I question the legality of all this fundraising they do. After 2years of attendance I have YET to see where these funds go. EVERYTHING and I mean EVERYTHING cost at this school. Every field trip we paid $8 to $15 per kid and one of which my son wasn't able to attend and till this day our money wasn't returned to us after repeatedly asking. every school function, carnival, talent show etc. was $5 to $10 dollars per person, even for the students who attend the school unless they're part of the show which sucks if you have a big family and then can't see your child perform. afterschool programs are $50 to $300 which they call a donation but won't let your child attend without payment, they're constantly sending flyers or phone calls about needing donations or needing participants so businesses can donate to them. They put our children to work with these fundraisers and yet they don't see a dime. We're responsible for school supplies at the beginning of the year so what in the world is all this money going to????? At least the field trips that are suppose to be for educational purposes should be paid for. I've never seen such a thing in a public school with not so great test scores.

Posted April 29, 2014
My school is William Land Elementary School and it is wonderful! They have a great after school program and keep the students challenged by knowing what each one needs in their curriculum. My grand daughter loves school and her teacher.

Posted April 29, 2014
My daughter is currently attending Kindergarten in the Mandarin Immersion program. She attends various after school activities at the school. Her instructor is Ms. Go and she teaches the students in both Mandarin and English. The students are from a variety of cultures and backgrounds. I have only interacted with several of the instructors, but have found them friendly and helpful. I have found that many of the parents of the students to be very supportive of the teachers and the students. The principal, Ms. Ellen Lee Carlson, to be very involved with the students and teachers and seems to know all of the children and many of the parents names. The after school activities include piano, eastern martial arts, theater, Chinese folk songs and dances, chess club and others. Most of them required $50 per school year, though at least one of them had higher costs.

Posted January 17, 2014
What a pleasant school. The teachers are caring. The front office staff is helpful. The afterschool program is very well organized and structured. But more than anything else, my children are happy to go to school everyday. This was not the case at their other school. Since coming to William Land, my children have turned the corner academically. Their teachers treat them like little people, not test scores. They care about what the children are learning and encourage them to do their best work. The afterschool enrichment activities are some of the most extensive, I have seen. We left a very popular elementary school and have not looked back. I am thankful for being told about William Land.

Posted September 25, 2013
My son has gone to this school since kindergarten. He is now in the sixth grade. I also attended this school when I was a kid (from pre-school to 4th grade). I have always loved William Land. Lee-Carlson is a good, friendly principal. She knows every child and appears to be very well-received by both the students and teachers. I believe my son is being very well educated and has developed friendships with kids that are smart, kind and interested in learning all that the school has to offer. The children here have always been of a wide variety of mixed ethnic groups and diverse cultures. I think this helps build a very healthy mindset about equality and an appreciation of all people. I know it did for me. I am going to be very sad when my son has to leave the school at the end of the year. It's going to be very difficult to find another school that even comes close.

Posted November 02, 2012
The principal, Ms Lee, is very personable and knows the name of every child. My child is in the Chinese immersion program and I am astounded at how much she has learned in just 2 months. Ms Go is a fantastic teacher, kind, patient and very much in control of her classroom. The children all seem to respect and love her. This school was a 9 rating at one time but due to budget cuts they had to bring in children from other schools who tested poorly. Their test scores are steadily improving and I am sure they will get back to the 9 rating before long! They have many after school activities, piano, martial arts, ballet, and theater to name a few. I couldn't be happier with the education and environment that William Land is providing for my child!

Posted September 12, 2012
The Principal and teachers at William Land Elementary are dedicated and committed to their students! The principal continually tries to bring in more arts programming to provide more enrichment for the students. My children love the school and the parents seem supportive of their kids education. We are happy we chose WLE!

William Land Elementary School 2

Posted June 26, 2012
I find it disturbing that they've framed the immersion class as something special but in my opinion its a slick way to boost test scores because 14 out of 24 kids are being taught in their language plus the program is not available for all. Also while they have a fund for this class the rest of the kids are left to sell candy, walk a thons,car washes and other fund raisers to buy toiletries and supposed school supplies even though your given a list at the start of school with supplies to bring and being charged for almost every function even if you pay for an after School program.With this fundraising, donations and so forth there is any new grass, paint on the blacktop, or bark in the play area.Also in my opinion the principal not very forthcoming for example knowing parents love our start program she's doing everything in her power to get rid of it without informing the parents why or even with what. Though always front and center asking for money she had the sign up for after school program a couple of days before school ended so parents couldn't mobilize she was nowhere to ne found to explain anything leaving parents to sign up blindly for next years after school program.

Posted May 08, 2012
My kids are in Ms. Tri's class and they love her alot! Ms. Tri really works hard to help her students in every way and she also interacts with me as a parent. Thank you Ms. Tri for being a great teacher!

William Land Elementary School
2120 12th Street, Sacramento, CA  95818
Last modified William Land Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
William Land Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 31 reviews. Top