Sacramento, CA
Before care: Yes

Posted April 29, 2014
My daughter is currently attending Kindergarten in the Mandarin Immersion program. She attends various after school activities at the school. Her instructor is Ms. Go and she teaches the students in both Mandarin and English. The students are from a variety of cultures and backgrounds. I have only interacted with several of the instructors, but have found them friendly and helpful. I have found that many of the parents of the students to be very supportive of the teachers and the students. The principal, Ms. Ellen Lee Carlson, to be very involved with the students and teachers and seems to know all of the children and many of the parents names. The after school activities include piano, eastern martial arts, theater, Chinese folk songs and dances, chess club and others. Most of them required $50 per school year, though at least one of them had higher costs.

Posted January 17, 2014
What a pleasant school. The teachers are caring. The front office staff is helpful. The afterschool program is very well organized and structured. But more than anything else, my children are happy to go to school everyday. This was not the case at their other school. Since coming to William Land, my children have turned the corner academically. Their teachers treat them like little people, not test scores. They care about what the children are learning and encourage them to do their best work. The afterschool enrichment activities are some of the most extensive, I have seen. We left a very popular elementary school and have not looked back. I am thankful for being told about William Land.

Posted September 25, 2013
My son has gone to this school since kindergarten. He is now in the sixth grade. I also attended this school when I was a kid (from pre-school to 4th grade). I have always loved William Land. Lee-Carlson is a good, friendly principal. She knows every child and appears to be very well-received by both the students and teachers. I believe my son is being very well educated and has developed friendships with kids that are smart, kind and interested in learning all that the school has to offer. The children here have always been of a wide variety of mixed ethnic groups and diverse cultures. I think this helps build a very healthy mindset about equality and an appreciation of all people. I know it did for me. I am going to be very sad when my son has to leave the school at the end of the year. It's going to be very difficult to find another school that even comes close.

Posted November 02, 2012
The principal, Ms Lee, is very personable and knows the name of every child. My child is in the Chinese immersion program and I am astounded at how much she has learned in just 2 months. Ms Go is a fantastic teacher, kind, patient and very much in control of her classroom. The children all seem to respect and love her. This school was a 9 rating at one time but due to budget cuts they had to bring in children from other schools who tested poorly. Their test scores are steadily improving and I am sure they will get back to the 9 rating before long! They have many after school activities, piano, martial arts, ballet, and theater to name a few. I couldn't be happier with the education and environment that William Land is providing for my child!

Posted September 12, 2012
The Principal and teachers at William Land Elementary are dedicated and committed to their students! The principal continually tries to bring in more arts programming to provide more enrichment for the students. My children love the school and the parents seem supportive of their kids education. We are happy we chose WLE!

William Land Elementary School 2

Posted June 26, 2012
I find it disturbing that they've framed the immersion class as something special but in my opinion its a slick way to boost test scores because 14 out of 24 kids are being taught in their language plus the program is not available for all. Also while they have a fund for this class the rest of the kids are left to sell candy, walk a thons,car washes and other fund raisers to buy toiletries and supposed school supplies even though your given a list at the start of school with supplies to bring and being charged for almost every function even if you pay for an after School program.With this fundraising, donations and so forth there is any new grass, paint on the blacktop, or bark in the play area.Also in my opinion the principal not very forthcoming for example knowing parents love our start program she's doing everything in her power to get rid of it without informing the parents why or even with what. Though always front and center asking for money she had the sign up for after school program a couple of days before school ended so parents couldn't mobilize she was nowhere to ne found to explain anything leaving parents to sign up blindly for next years after school program.

Posted May 08, 2012
My kids are in Ms. Tri's class and they love her alot! Ms. Tri really works hard to help her students in every way and she also interacts with me as a parent. Thank you Ms. Tri for being a great teacher!

Posted January 11, 2012
My kid goes to this school because of the Chinese Immersion Program. Our family loves this small size of school. The teacher, Ms Go is very dedicated. It feels like a 'private school' environment. Her students are very respectfully of her. The best program for kids to learn a new language.

William Land Elementary School 2

Posted August 22, 2010
I am considering sending my child to WLE since it is our local school but the new test scores that just came out have me wondering. Any insight into why scores went down?

William Land Elementary School 4

Posted September 04, 2009

William Land Elementary School
2120 12th Street, Sacramento, CA  95818
Last modified William Land Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
William Land Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 16 reviews. Top