Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)

This school is very dirty. Their bathroom are almost always out of toilet paper making my girls have to use napkins instead. My kids always seem to have substitute teachers. Their back packs and jackets have to be left outside on the floor up against the wall because the class rooms do not have hooks or cubbies. The teachers seem to be rude, inpatient and short tempered. I have personally heard teachers yelling at their students through the doors while waiting for my kids. Today my daughter came home hungry and told me that the lunch lady sneezed on her lunch apologized for it but didn't give her a new one so she threw it out!!!! This place needs new staff all around ,permanent teachers and to be remodeled. I can go on and on about more things that are wrong with this school but this is enough to realize this school should be closed.

Develops character: Strongly disagree

There is no way that a school can develop honesty, integrity and fairness when it is not taught by a genuine, caring and nurturing staff.

It is very disheartening to see these children at this school. Most of the kids are low income and minority. With poverty comes its own set of problems...this I understand. What I don't understand is the lack of nurturing and compassion that is offered to these already fragile children. The manner in which the children are spoken too. I personally witnessed a 1st grade teacher rolling her eyes at a child, speaking harshly and even yelling for the class to be quiet. Would NOT recommend this place for any child!

I love this school. Both of my kids go to Nicholas and have always had great teachers. The student population is diverse. The students and staff are respectful of each other. Nicholas does a good job redirecting students and rewarding students who are doing well. The Principal is friendly, helpful and keeps the campus safe. She really connects with students.

This school is the best school ever. Good at teaching students math,ELA,and vocabulary. You might not find a school like this ever. All the teachers are nice. You might like it but I do

I don't see how people are giving this school great ratings. I guess it's great for people who are hispanic or asian and take english as a second language. This school is bad. The children run around cursing and the teachers don't do much to correct the behavior. The parents should be held responible for their children acting up too but all the parents do is come up to the school with their pajamas and drop their kids off at the curb. The kids have no respect for the teachers or each other and they are agressive. The first few days of school, my kids were bullied and called all kinds of names. I over heard one teacher tell another teacher not to break the kids up if they start fighting because it's not worth it. I am amazed at how the teachers don't really care about the students either. Assignments are inconsistant and all over the place. My children are not learning much at this school beside how to curse. They have in the rules that the children are not allowed to wear red colored shirts, supposedly gang related. Really? gangs at an elementary school! The campus is too open and not really secure. Not safe as anyone could walk onto campus. I am pulling my kids out asap!

What i like about the school is that they work together, and if thier was a problem its handle in a Respectful manner, But i kmw my kids go thier and they always have something gd to say about the teachers. If they have a problem with work they find the time to work with them, Me being a mom i like the fact they are attentife to not just my kids but to all thier students.

I LOVE NICHOLAS SCHOOL DIOS VENDIGA A LA ESCUELA........grasias por la educasion que le ofresen a mi hijo.

i love this school! every year here was amazing i made so many friends and the teachers were extreamly nice.!

I have had two kids go to Nicholas and it ended up being a good school. The teachers and staff are very involved, and the kids have been happy with their teachers and classes. It's a small school, and the class sizes are small as well.

Last modified Nicholas Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.