Sacramento, CA

Parkway Elementary School 1

Posted August 29, 2015
My child suffered in the class room. Even after talking with the Principle, I still didn't get any help for my child. I asked more then 3 times for an I.E.P but it wasn't never done. I then move out of the area to Ann Kirchgarter and that's when things was done for my child. If the school plays more attention to the parents and what the parents have to say about their child then more things could be done to help the child. 3 years and the longer he was there the more he fail behind and even after seeing his grades not doing any better, the school still didn't do anything. We need teacher and staff that care a little more. They worring more about how the students dress then what they are learning.

Develops grit: Agree

Posted May 24, 2015
Parkway encourages students to do their best. Staff refers to students as "Parkway Scholars" and remains consistent with their message of "you can do it".

Develops respect: Strongly agree

Posted May 24, 2015
Respect is taught in each class from the beginning of the school year and is visible when you walk the halls of Parkway. Staff/teachers are always guiding students down the right path to becoming respectful citizens.

Develops empathy: Strongly agree

Posted May 23, 2015
Staff and teachers are Parkway are well seasoned and know who and where to reach out to for assistance when there is a child in crisis. They do this with the utmost discretion and in a caring manner.

Develops honesty: Strongly agree

Posted May 23, 2015
The administrative staff have its challenges with psychosocial issues that some students bring from their home life. This can sometimes create a barrier to learning. However, staff is well prepared to handle these challenges and do an amazing job with creating a safe learning environment for all students at Parkway.

Parkway Elementary School 3

Posted May 23, 2015
Teachers are good and are genuine when showing that they care for students. Wish there was more parent involvement. Currently the PTO is struggling to stay active with only a few parents to manage PTO business. More parent involvement would make this a great school.

Parkway Elementary School 2

Posted June 12, 2005
Teachers are very caring for the students. Communication from the adminstration is poor. Teachers work hard to meet student needs.

Parkway Elementary School 4

Posted December 10, 2004
I am extremely pleased with the overall concern that the teachers display for their students. I believe that if the parents show an interest the teachers will bend over backwards to meet us. I have also had a positive experience with the administrative folks who seem to be swamped, but never to busy to help me out and I appreciate them (especially Angie, she's the greatest). I'm a foster mom, and she's helped me with scheduling, after school programs, and whatever our needs are- she's the greatest.

4720 Forest Parkway, Sacramento, CA  95823
Last modified Parkway Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Parkway Elementary School Rating: 2 out of 5 based on 11 reviews. Top