Posted September 26, 2013
My son has gone to this school for 4 years now, he is in the GATE program. We like the school and the front office staff. His teachers have all been good and organized.

Posted November 07, 2011
Good school. Offers a great amount of parent involvement. Concerened that they are putting students that should not be in GATE Program with the others who are.

Posted June 11, 2011
The best school in this city, we love it!!!!!! The principal really cares about every child, very warm envirnment. Very high vevel of discipline.

Posted January 17, 2011
Great staff involvement. Access to staff is simple. Respect at all levels is evident. Academics is very important but the school also hosts lots of fun things for families too.

Posted December 29, 2010
Pony is a great school. My kids are in the GATE program, but I find that all of the classes are well structured. The kids are very respectful due to the presence of a great principal, Ms. Williams. They have lots of school activities, like plays, family nights, etc. The PTA is VERY active and the parents are as well. I honestly can't believe anyone would rate parent involvement anything less than 5 stars. We chose Pony over Dideon and Matsuyama.

Posted October 09, 2010
Great teachers and principal, great classified staff and PTA and GREAT kids and parents!!!

Posted April 07, 2010
My child has attended Pony Express for one year. I am so pleased with how well-rounded her education has been. This is a small school with teachers that care. The administrators fully participate and are fully accessible. Academics are not taught in an agressive way but children learn in ways that are not off putting.

Posted September 07, 2009
I love Pony Express Elementary School. The Teachers ,Staff , Principal, and The PTA are all wonderful. I highly recommend this school for anyone who values their child's education.

Posted October 25, 2008
High achieving school with high expectations. Best elements: diversity, leadership by principal and teachers, parent involvement and advisory committees, and GATE program. Pony Express is a safe environment for your child to learn.

Posted September 04, 2008
My Son has been attending this school since kindergarten and is now in 3rd grade. He has struggled in reading (but does very well in math) I was very impressed on how involved the teacher/principal and other staff members were in on helping him overcome his difficult area. I highly recommend this school to any parent who is interested in higher learning for their child. I wish they had more after school programs such as music/art or sports but thats okay because education comes 1st.

Pony Express Elementary School
1250 56th Avenue, Sacramento, CA  95831
Last modified Pony Express Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Pony Express Elementary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 15 reviews.