Sacramento, CA
Before care: Yes

Posted September 18, 2014
Fall 2014, this review is to report happy healthy students with a positive attitude and a willingness to listen and learn. Having a great time on campus as a substitute teacher. I truly appreciate how this school runs smoothly, like clockwork! Definitely two thumbs up, and a recommendation to other subs. Come work on this campus, and go with the flow... You'll have a good day! Staff here is friendly and helpful, and they make you feel welcome. Keep up the good work Sequoia!

Posted September 09, 2013
Our school has been around for awhile now and needs some work..We could use new computers for our kids, and the list goes on. We have the nicest staff ever and our PTA does a lot to raise money for our school, but the money we raise has to go for things like our crossing guard, school supplies ,assemblies, buses for field trips ect.. It would be nice to get a make over for some of our classes or even new sports equipment for the playground. Our teachers are wonderful also and I have seen them supply the kids even with some items they have bought out of there own pockets just because they care.. Please help we are in need..

Posted July 31, 2013
I have had three daughters attend this school over the course of 10 years. During that time, there have been three different principals, yet the teachers, for the most part, have remained the same. The staff and my girls' teachers have been great, and truly care about the children. The current PTA is awesome and is really active, making the overall school experience seem like a family. My only complaint is the parking lot, pick up and drop off is a mess. Parents drive on the shoulder, double park, and some tell their kids to go ahead and cross while they are double parked. Safety should be taught at home as well as enforced at school, even when school is not in session.

Posted May 30, 2012
My daughter is in the first grade at Sequoia, she loves her teacher and is showing so much improvement . I am so grateful for one of the other first grade teachers volunteering to work with kids that are a little behind with reading and writing. My daughter needs the extra help. This teacher stays after school three days per week to tutor a small group that signed up. It has helped my daughter so much. The kindergarten teacher that my daughter had last year at sequoia was new to the school. My daughter seemed very intimidated by her and apparently other parents complained about her to the principal. She is no longer teaching at sequoia. It seems that parents and students voices are heard. There are lots of activities throughout the year at the school, all are super affordable and lots of fun. It's great to have an awesome PTA to get it all together.

Posted December 18, 2011
I really like Sequoia Elementary but my two little sisters had a bad experience with the same teacher. ( Miss Dhillon)She repeatedly didn't let one of my sisters go to the bathroom, knowing she had a blatter problem, my sister came home with peed pants almost every day. Now my youngest sister is in kindergarden and Miss Dhillon is rude to her and a week ago she hit her on the head because she was on the wrong page. I don't apreaciate that at all.

Posted April 07, 2011
We have enjoyed being at Sequoia! All of my children's teachers have been great! And I appreciate that they also make time for art and PE! They have even had track offered recently. And I am so happy that a garden is in the process of being added. Also, the events held are well planned and executed. My only complaint is that I wish there were more involved parents and even more enrichment groups that the kids could participate in, such as chorus, drama, science, etc.

Posted June 15, 2010
We have excellent teachers, super-involved parents, and I couldn't be happier with Sequoia. I originally thought we were i Golden Empire's area, but have never heard a single thing that has made me regret not being part of the Sequoia family. My daughter is going into 3rd grade next year, and doing fabulous! Go Sequoia!

Posted May 01, 2009
Our daughter was only able to attend this school for one year (first grade with Miss Dhillon), and we wish we could have kept her there. Her teacher is fanstastic and I feel my daughter has been so blessed to be able to attend this school. She had reading issues that her teacher has worked with her (and us) on and now she is in the top of her class. She loves going to school and loves doing her homework with me every night. She is excelling far more than I ever imagined and I am so happy that she enjoys school so much. We love this school and I really wish we didn't have to move out of the area.

Posted May 16, 2008

Posted March 27, 2008
This school has by far exceeded my expectations. The Kindergarten teachers are great and every staff member I have encountered are friendly and very concerned about the children's well-being. I would recommend this school to anyone in the area.

Sequoia Elementary School
3333 Rosemont Drive, Sacramento, CA  95826
Last modified Sequoia Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Sequoia Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 17 reviews. Top