Sacramento, CA

John H. Still School 1

Posted September 17, 2014
Fall 2014, is proving to get off to a very rocky start. kids at the school are very much being raised without consequence or discipline. Students feel they may do whatever they want, including participation in whatever they want to or whatever they don't want to. The attitude amongst students is definitely " if I don't want to, I don't have to." There is little support from staff to be seen... chaos ensues right before your eyes, and nothing to be done about it. I truly feel sorry for the teachers on this campus. The school is on the top 10 list of "don't touch it with a ten foot pole" list! Sad as it may be, this is exactly what comes with the area: South Area and Meadowview!

John H. Still School 4

Posted July 02, 2012
I went to Still the first two years of its existence. When it opened the cafeteria wasn't up and running, the gym was just a cement box, but the school was nice. But then again, this was 1966 when it opened.

John H. Still School 2

Posted April 15, 2012
I am an alumni of the middle school here. When I attended this school I thought it was a great school that was preparing me for high school, in turn college. How badly mistaken I was. When I started high school I was shocked to find out that I had no knowledge of the English grammar rules (I had been out of ESL for over three years now). I had to work extra hard to reach the levels that other students were at. This school is a joke. The teachers I was assigned to had potential to be wonderful teachers - but how could they when gang members and teenage miscreants roamed the school. Students who tried to excel in learning were only shut down. On top of that, I never saw any parent involvement. I understand much of the school's student population comes from low-income families - many of which do not speak English at home, but the school administration could have attempted to incorporate different families in a PTA organization. Plus, sports sucked. I wanted to be in track, but we only had soccer and basketball. Music was a bonus, not sure if that program is still in place, considering the budget cuts to schools. Orchestra and band made my day.

John H. Still School 1

Posted January 20, 2009
This is a nice new school with Excellent teachers. Unfortunatly the teachers are to busy babysitting and playing parole officer to the other students they are not given the chance to teach. Even the most caring teachers can only do so much. They now have a PTA but parental involvment is almost none. I moved across town to get my children out.

John H. Still School 5

Posted August 05, 2008

John H. Still School 3

Posted January 11, 2006
There is no PTA at this school, which I have a big problem with. The principal & most of the teachers care about the students. There is one particular teacher that a lot of parents have a problem with. There is a problem with behavior in a lot of the students. There needs to be more parent involvment and they should really try to start a program to involve the parents so they are aware of their childrens behavior. There also needs to be some accountability for the teachers that aren't doing their job properly. The teacher needs to be able to communicate with the parent & both work toward the goal of educating the child. If the parent is frustrated with the teachers effort & performance, it will funnel down to the child and be displayed in their behavior. I believe that is what is happening at this school.

John H. Still School
2250 John Still Drive, Sacramento, CA  95832
Last modified John H. Still School is a Public school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.
John H. Still School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 6 reviews. Top