Posted September 26, 2013
I am very impressed with sutterville school! I love how the teachers engage with the children as the Principle does too. My daughter is enjoying her first year there and loves the fact that they have a variety of programs to choose from. When a child enjoys going to school and looks forward to the next day that show's that there is a wonerful positive atmosphere!

Posted August 29, 2013
GATE or non-GATE, this school does not separate the two. My son been there since 2nd grade and will be 5th grade this year; when there are activities, they don't ever separate that grade level out. It is the parent's of kid(s) who goes there that does not involve themselves with the school-- wether it be fundraising, volunteering your 1-2 day(s) out of the year to help teachers or help out with school fieldtrips that are complaining. There is more to name but those are the most important. This school is very active. At this school, there is a lot of parent involvement and that is how every school should be in order to have a great school. The teachers are great. You can only expect so much from a teacher of 25+ students. The principal is doing her job as best as she can. Its a great school. You will enjoy it.

Posted August 22, 2013
I have three children attending this school and so far I am happy with their learning progress. They are all GATE students and I am a very proud parent.

Posted August 01, 2013
My now 7 year old has been attending this school for two years of preschool, and beyond. All the teachers are great, and really seem to care about the students! I would, and have given very positive reviews of this school! I am excited to send my baby there, when she is old enough. I am thrilled Sutterville Elementry is my daughter's home school.

Sutterville Elementary School 1

Posted December 26, 2012
This school gives a substandard education. Stay away if possible! The GATE program is laughable. The teachers don't care about dealing with bullies. The principal is ineffectual. The non-GATE classes are filled with inclusion students. Your children will not get a good education at this school.

Posted December 26, 2012
Sutterville is the best. I have a student in 4 th grade GATE. Not only am I a parent I am also a teacher in the district. I have seen some poor, no supportive principals. The principal at Sutterville isoneof the bestprincipalsI have seen. Sheis dedicated, kind, and cares about her students. My daughters teacher is trained in GATE and is using GATE curriculum. I love Sutterville and am so thankful my daughter is at Sutterville.

Sutterville Elementary School 4

Posted February 13, 2012
I can't say enough about our experience at Sutterville. We love it! My children are in 3rd and 4th grade and they have the BEST, most dedicated teachers. The teachers truly love what they do and it shows in how they really listen to, and respect each child'd individual needs and differences. My kids enjoy going to school and are eager to learn. I do have to say that I am VERY opinionated about the GATE program and not at all a fan of it. However, my daughter ended up in it anyway. Her 4th grade GATE teacher (who I adore!) helped to put my mind at ease a little bit. And it turns out that as far as school work goes, it really hasn't been much different. It just kind of has it's social "cliques." One other thing, there are a few teachersin the lower grades who should think about retirement. You aren't doing those children favors by teaching when you are obviously burnt out. Overall, I am so lucky to have my kods at Sutterville. It really is the best!

Posted July 30, 2011
We have had nothing but great experiences at Sutterville.The teachers care, and work hard to make sure every child is successful. The principal is awesome. You don't find dedicated principals like her anymore.

Sutterville Elementary School 2

Posted June 13, 2011
First, I want to say that this school has a great 4th R staff and afterschool activities. CAUTION it is a two teir school. GATE and NON GATE. The school boasts being a GATE center, but it also boasts being an all inclusion school where they welcome filling the non gate classes with special ed kids who used to be in separate program.. GATE is not accelerated, advanced or challenging. At this school it is one thing---a filter from the non gate kids. If your ego needs to say that your child is GATE you might want to rethink? If you have a regular student, you will REALLY want to check things out first. If you are not in GATE is disapointing to be a student and get second level teaching. The teachers are so busy dealing with the probelm kids that they do no thave time to teach. Or they are so burned out they do not want to teach. Also that lake of professional grooming of some teacher is appauling. It is easy to navigate the non gate teachers for the first couple years, but once you hit 4th good luck. The principle is very nice but I suspect her hands are tied as nothing has changed. It has potential but without change in overall culture it will fail to deliver

Posted November 05, 2010
Our daughter had attended this school and is in college now, but I have attributed much of her academic success to the foundation built when she was going through Sutterville Elementary. The teachers and staff are excellent.

Sutterville Elementary School
4967 Monterey Way, Sacramento, CA  95822
Last modified Sutterville Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Sutterville Elementary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 26 reviews.