Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)

We moved our children to Washington when they reopened this year and have had a great experience. The academics and social dynamics are progressive and inclusive. Can't say enough good things about the teachers and the after school program as well.

All of the previous reviews are about the former Washington Elementary, before it was closed and reopened with new staff a new focus (STEAM school). The reopened school is an amazing asset for families that work and live in downtown/midtown. The administration is accessible and dedicated and the teachers all chose to work at the school because they believe in project-based learning and the STEAM program. We are almost finished with our first year now, and while there have been some kinks to work out as a new school, we are already well on our way to becoming one of Sacramento's great schools.

To graduate from This school because they always made it possible for the children and the parents to have a good time. The teachers here have taught me very well. Even though I am going 7th grade, my little sister is going to this school because it's a great school. It won't have the same teacher as last time but we are sure that they will be just as great as the other teachers. I hope they open Washington again in 2016 because I sure will love going back and seeing all the classrooms and looking back at the memoreos I have had their.

It saddens me that this school is closing. We have had nothing but great experiences at Washington.The teachers care, and work hard to make sure every child is successful. The principal Mr. Dixon has been the best since my child attended this school. You don't find dedicated principals like her anymore. My child and myself will miss this school!!!!

my daughter is in first grade and she is coming from garden valley she has add/adhd so i want to no if this is a good school

Glad this school is closing! This place has been a nightmare for years. Parents and teachers who don't care, students who are out of control. If you anything other than Hispanic they could care less about you. Horrible environment!! Thank heavens these children will get a chance to go to William Land or T. Judah-both excellent schools. They deserve better than what they are getting at Washington! Hope they fire the majority of the teachers here!

This School has been thru a rollercoaster but finally it has stop we got a great principal that cares for its students teachers have a great leader. Love this School!

Sad state of affairs. :( Where do I start.... No PTA !?? And yes there is bulling. My daughter was kicked by a boy who wasn't even a student there but also a third grader. I was told the principle was going to call me to discuss what was going to become of this issue. I received nothing,I had to call twice. Still unclear if there was action made. Needless to say we pulled her out of Washinton. And if your child doesnt speak Spanish, good luck with making friends. Children talking trash to her in Spanish. It's a failing school and if you are not doing something to get your child out of there then your a failing parent. Straight up!

Bad school! I don't know where to begin, teachers are unfriendly and you can tell they are not happy. The Principal has no idea on how to run a school. The kids are out of control and no one does anything about it. The school is located around several homeless shelters and sex offender addresses yet the campus is wide open for anyone to walk on to. I did not feel safe sending my child here. There is no parent involvement at all!

This school would be ok if it had a better principal and weeded out some of the bad teachers. Some of the really good teachers are, Gutierrez, Gaj, Reed, Corona, Phillips, and Arellano. If your child has one of these then they are receiving quality education.

Last modified Washington Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6