Sacramento, CA

Washington Elementary School 5

Posted June 24, 2013
It saddens me that this school is closing. We have had nothing but great experiences at Washington.The teachers care, and work hard to make sure every child is successful. The principal Mr. Dixon has been the best since my child attended this school. You don't find dedicated principals like her anymore. My child and myself will miss this school!!!!

Posted April 10, 2013
my daughter is in first grade and she is coming from garden valley she has add/adhd so i want to no if this is a good school

Posted March 01, 2013
Glad this school is closing! This place has been a nightmare for years. Parents and teachers who don't care, students who are out of control. If you anything other than Hispanic they could care less about you. Horrible environment!! Thank heavens these children will get a chance to go to William Land or T. Judah-both excellent schools. They deserve better than what they are getting at Washington! Hope they fire the majority of the teachers here!

Washington Elementary School 5

Posted February 27, 2013
This School has been thru a rollercoaster but finally it has stop we got a great principal that cares for its students teachers have a great leader. Love this School!

Posted October 06, 2012
Sad state of affairs. :( Where do I start.... No PTA !?? And yes there is bulling. My daughter was kicked by a boy who wasn't even a student there but also a third grader. I was told the principle was going to call me to discuss what was going to become of this issue. I received nothing,I had to call twice. Still unclear if there was action made. Needless to say we pulled her out of Washinton. And if your child doesnt speak Spanish, good luck with making friends. Children talking trash to her in Spanish. It's a failing school and if you are not doing something to get your child out of there then your a failing parent. Straight up!

Posted November 10, 2010
Bad school! I don't know where to begin, teachers are unfriendly and you can tell they are not happy. The Principal has no idea on how to run a school. The kids are out of control and no one does anything about it. The school is located around several homeless shelters and sex offender addresses yet the campus is wide open for anyone to walk on to. I did not feel safe sending my child here. There is no parent involvement at all!

Washington Elementary School 3

Posted February 06, 2009
This school would be ok if it had a better principal and weeded out some of the bad teachers. Some of the really good teachers are, Gutierrez, Gaj, Reed, Corona, Phillips, and Arellano. If your child has one of these then they are receiving quality education.

Washington Elementary School 2

Posted May 28, 2008
I have two children that have attended this school since preschool. One child is ending 3rd grade and the other is ending 1st grade. My third grader has had 2 good teachers that were very good about their communication to us as parents. The other two made us feel like we were bothering them when we'd ask about our child. We brought this up to the principal and he assured us this would not happen again, however it did. My first grader has actually improved this school year. The reading ability is through the roof. I was alarmed at the begining of the school year when simple phonics were hard to comprehend, but as the year went on it has dramaticly improved. I feel this is because I spoke to the teacher about my concerns and she assured me she would help my first grader get up to speed.

Washington Elementary School 4

Posted May 20, 2008
I have three children at this school. The oldest will be in the fifth grade in the Fall and has attended here since Preschool. For the most part, I have been pleased with all of the teachers that they have had and have had no major concerns. My children are all doing well and above average on the state tests. The school is very diverse and all the kids are really nice. The Principal runs a tight ship and has zero tolerance for any kind of bullying or inappropriate behavior. It amazes me how he seems to know each child's name. The only issue I have is that parent involvement is low and the school needs a PTA. Other than that I have no complaints.

Washington Elementary School

Posted May 20, 2008

Washington Elementary School
520 18th Street, Sacramento, CA  95814
Last modified Washington Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Washington Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 23 reviews. Top