Sacramento, CA

Posted June 15, 2014
Principal Yang is taking our school to new heights! Our PTA rocks! Our student body is filled with intelligent, studious, creative and kind hearted individuals. The teachers, office staff and support staff are eager to serve. Our before and after school programs are caring and innovative. We are a onward and upward school!

Posted June 02, 2014
In the past, the school went through transitions that were rough. We now have a new principal that is available at all times, Mr. Yang. He really cares about the students. They have brought back activities that were lost in past years and parent participation is looking to be promising after the carnival this year. Exciting changes are happening and I am glad I get to watch this school grow up and out of the darkness it plunged into many years ago.

Caroline Wenzel Elementary School 4

Posted April 28, 2014
my g-daughter has gone to caroline wenzel from K-6 grades. it is a very good school.

Caroline Wenzel Elementary School 4

Posted September 20, 2012
The absolute best part about this school is Ms. Marshall. Shes DEDICATED. Its really hard to find amazing teachers like her in these times. With budget cuts the staff is insanely busy so please be patient with the front office. They really do try their best. On Fridays the entire school even staff participate in mob dancing. It's hilarious. Parent involvement is scarce here and can improve. There is plenty of opportunities to volunteer. They have 4thR- AWESOMENESS! a free ASES after school program, and reading partners, LOVE it. The cafeteria is always clean and orderly. Kids are required to wear uniform which I really like.

Posted September 11, 2012
My son attended Wenzel last year as a kindergartener. I found the school to have a warm, inviting atmosphere. His teacher, Mrs. Bender and co-teacher Mrs. Janigian were both excellent. They were highly informed about the education of young children and were patient, kind and warm hearted people who genuinely seemed to love children. Parent involvement was highly encouraged and it was wonderful to see so many parents participating in the first 15-30 minutes of class. Such a warm environment invited more class room volunteers than I have seen in other settings. Wenzel may be an older school without some of the bright shiny brand new tools of the trade, but you can't put a price on good old fashioned caring teachers and a happy setting in which to learn. Principal, Judy Montgomery really set the tone for a successful, happy learning environment and it is my hope that the new administration will continue with her efforts.

Caroline Wenzel Elementary School 2

Posted July 03, 2012
I have never been so irritated with the transportation system. My daughter is suppose to be picked up at 8:35 every morning. The bus is either an hour late or at the least 35-40 minutes late,leaving my daughter sad and wondering if she is going to make it there or not. Now if it did show up on time and she wasn't out there she would be left and then get a mark against her for missing school. I am just saying someone needs to fix this transportation problem. I do not like starting my daughters or my day frustrated.

Posted May 06, 2012
During the blending of Caroline Wenzel with Bear Flag Elementary, emotions and frustrations were high. However, that was over five years ago and our school has morphed into a wonderful learning environment. Our students are engaged and happy. Our staff is dedicated and caring. Creative, innovative and thought provoking activites are always taking place. The surrounding neighborhood and park provides a lush, positive playground experience as well. I feel very fortunate to be a member of our Caroline Wenzel team.

Caroline Wenzel Elementary School 3

Posted March 27, 2011
The best thing about Wenzel is the principal, Judy Montgomery. She's very hands-on, proactive, and sincerely cares about the children's learning. The downside is the lack of parental involvement and almost no extracurricular enrichment activities (GATE, band, chorus, computers, etc).

Posted February 14, 2011
This is my first visit to greatschools and I was appaled at some of the comments made about Caroline Wenzel School. My children transfered here from Bear Flag when the schools were combined. I found many of the original Wenzel parents to be rude and judgemental about the children from Bear Flag. They often refered to them as "those" children. Principal Montgomery has been working hard with her staff to meet the changing and challenging demands of an economically and ethnically diverse student and parent poulation. She has had to make some tough decisions, including addressing some very inapproriate, rude, and disrespectful parents that feel they are entitled to be above the expectations for behavior. My kids love the teachers and the principal. Learning is fun at Wenzel and the expectations high. Principal Montgomery is not afraid to handle issues head on as she is fully commited to supporting an environment that is inclusive of all children and one that promotes ethical development as well as academic development.

Caroline Wenzel Elementary School 3

Posted September 24, 2010
My daughter started Kindergarten here this year. While I think her teacher is amazing, and Principal Montgomery is very congenial and easy to speak to, the front desk staff are NOT. If you don't need anything (like a volunteer sign up sheet or a place to park while you deliver water to your daughter's class while you are pregnant and in need of assistance or a cart or a spot to pull up closer), you are out of luck with the main clerk. She's unhelpful, non-collegial, not forthcoming, and likely to raise an eyebrow that you're making any sort of request, and you'll give up. Additionally, the assistant in the front office last Spring sent me back to Kaiser 2X to get my daughter's vaccine records up to date....WHEN She just couldn't READ a record. Teachers, principal and 4thR=great. Can the staff.

Caroline Wenzel Elementary School
6870 Greenhaven Drive, Sacramento, CA  95831
Last modified Caroline Wenzel Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Caroline Wenzel Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 28 reviews. Top