Sacramento, CA

Cottage Elementary School 4

Posted June 14, 2011
With several years we had at Cottage School, we are very happy with our great experience with particular great teachers that we have had for our children. It is awesome to have our teachers who shares and meets our needs for our children's learning and growth, and working together helps our children to be at their best.

Cottage Elementary School 0

Posted August 26, 2009
My children are from Ohio. My youngest son left Ohio with 'major' issues and my daughter did well. Both had 'ok' final report cards. My youngest is at Cottage El now and he is estatic about school again! My daughter is metting new frriends and learning spanish from one new friend....Parents remember your children will be a product of their environment if you let them, don't let them. Assure them that they can take on their own personalities, achieve, and grow no matter where they are, and they do not have to conform to peoples principles and it is OK to just learn

Cottage Elementary School 5

Posted October 29, 2008
Love the Principle and have had nothing but great conversations with the teachers. They are on top of everything as well as a school with little funds can be. I would drive 60 miles to get my daughter there if I had to.

Cottage Elementary School 0

Posted August 12, 2008
Cottage has a good principal and good teachers, my daughters had a good year there,

Posted June 16, 2008
Cottage continues to have a great teaching staff; however the absense of any activities outside of the 3 Rs reremains my biggest complaint about Cottage. Also, parent involvement at the 'make it happen' level is very limitedi, in fact this year my son's class went on no field trips because they could not get enough parents to drive (the other same grade class was able to go), this is such an unfair situation to children, teachers and parents alike. Too bad that the budget is so restrictive at Cottage. Cottage has great teachers that are usually willing to put in extra time and effort towards ensuring the child's successful completion of their class.

Posted May 08, 2008
I love the principal and the teaching staff is ok but the lack of activities bothers me. There is no art program for kindergarten only older grades and there is no foreign language or sports. The only things they offer are a once a week art class in the library and once a week P.E. While we will dearly miss Mr. C and some of the great teachers at Cottage we unfortunately will be looking to private school next year.

Cottage Elementary School 5

Posted August 24, 2007

Cottage Elementary School 2

Posted October 09, 2006
My children attend Cottage and I am greatly dissapointed. The staff has a nonchalant attitude toward problems and concerns. The principal seems disorganized. The office staff uncapable. The level of academics is low. Parent involvement pracically nonexistant.There are no extracurricular activities that I am aware of. Art is a once a week class.Something distrurbing to me was the high number of children on campus with behavior problems. Fighting and heavy swearing are common place. Do your child a favor, look for another school. I will not be sending my children there next year.

Posted February 25, 2006

Posted January 12, 2006
Cottage is a small school and is focused on academics only. The teachers seem frustrated because there are no enrichment activities available. We are all too familiar with budget cuts and loss of funding, but I agree with the teachers that our children need more than just the 3 R s. I have not witnessed any extracurricular activities, no music programs, no chorus, nothing. Parent involvement...it seems that the teachers would rather not have it. The Principal does not demonstrate any enthusiasm for anything. Cottage is basically a 'boring' school, but my child is learning unfortunately, he is also learning to hate school.

Cottage Elementary School
2221 Morse Avenue, Sacramento, CA  95825
Last modified Cottage Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Cottage Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 13 reviews. Top