Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

All of the teachers in the RL program at DPM that my daughter has had have been highly motivating, organized, fair, and empowering.

Amount of homework: Agree

The homework is challenging but is not busywork that is overly time-consuming.

My daughter has been in the RL program at DPM since second grade, and now is a 5th grader. She has truly blossomed since entering the program. The program sets many quantifiable goals for the kids to strive for in a structured manner. For instance, they are tested at the beginning of the year for their reading level, and then must read a certain number of books at an appropriate level and pass the accompanying reading comprehension tests on these books. My daughter responded so well to being in a rigorous and intellectually stimulating program with other highly motivated kids. I couldn't be happier with the program, and hope that my younger child can join the program.

My older daughter went through the RL program several years ago and we were so happy with her education. We commuted from Gold River and it was worth the commute. She is now at St. Francis. The teachers were phenomenal at DPM. My 2nd daughter followed this path but we were disappointed with the districts approach to the RL program at DPM in particular. We pulled her out to head back to our school in Gold River where we now live and where she has been academically on track in true RL style. The DPM class she was in was filled with kids who did not test into the standards just to make the numbers work and the experienced teacher retired so someone new was going to be brought in to fill in the gap. The current 2nd grade class did not fill and the district will not keep a program running that does not fill. I see that DPM will slowly lose it's RL program and the superior teachers will leave as well. I have a younger son who will stay at Gold River.

My son is in the Rapid Learner program. He has been at this school since 2nd grade and is now in 5th. I was worried about the pressure, academics and homework - even the label "Rapid Learner" - but I found those worries to be totally unfounded. This program believes in more challenging work, not MORE work: Goodbye repeating concepts he already knows, goodbye dull worksheets, goodbye tons of homework! The curriculum has been developed specifically for children who are intellectually ahead. It is great that my son spends his WHOLE school day with kids who are like minded. Additionally, the teachers are passionate about this program and seem to take great pride in their classroom curriculum; always tweaking it to be better. They attend 2-3 trainings a year, and are really current on all the latest educational concepts. It has been a five-star experience for my child.

Are you a parent who fights for your kid to get into a good school? I am. Do you have time to be at the school all time? I wish but I can't due to work schedule, AMOF I worried those parents who do have time may mess up school affair too much. The teachers and the principal are the best you can find in greater Sac area. We transferred from a highly rated from another part of the state, can say so on comparable basis. The foremost secret is this: the teachers are experienced because they have been working and perhaps living in this established neighborhood for a very long time, as long as the current crop of teachers are here, I am more than happy to send my here everyday.

Great school with an "old school" feel. Lots of community involvement. Both of my children have gone through the program here. One went through the "regular curriculum" the other through the "Rapid Learner" program, both with great outcomes. My oldest is now participating in the International Baccalaureate program at Mira Loma (she went through the "regular curriculum") Love the Principal! Lovely team of teachers.

We should have never switched schools to be closer to home and my business. This was a great school and it deserves a lot more credit. They re-did the playground in 2011 and the school has carnivals/fairs and students sell cookies. You get the community involved here. It was a unique experience and if your kids can attend here take them here over any other San Juan school. Top notch. They even had homework and seemed to be learning great and parents were very involved!

Wow! has DPM come up in the world! The new principal is AMAZING! The campus is gorgeous and always improving, it is always spotless. The teachers seem to be very indulged in the student's learning. We receive weekly email newsletters letting us know not only what is going on school wide but within our child's classroom. For example: "this week we took chapter 6 spelling test, student will bring home grade on Tuesday". We live within the neighborhood and the community is old school values, family comes first. Everyone keeps an eye out for out of the ordinary. Last years carnival was put together by our neighbor (parent of student) and blew it out of the water! I mean horse carriage rides, photo booth, 20 ft bounce house slide, tons of games, pumpkin patch! , and popular restaurants set up shop for food! I think we beat out all the rest of the schools - people were talking for months about how awesome it was. We feel so blessed to have our son attend this school. I highly recommend DPM.

I love DPM! My son attend grades 4-6, and then my daughter started Kindergarten the following year. The new/current principal does an excellent job of integrating the RL kids and the neighborhood kids. She is very dedicated and is truly a breathe of fresh air the school needed! The PTA is excellent and has done such a tremendous job bringing students, faculty and families together! I highly recommend this school to any parent looking for a superb environment to place their children into.

Last modified Del Paso Manor Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.