Bad
Good

I am admittedly the "hover mother" of all "hover mother"s, so before the school year began, I sat down with my soon-to-be-kindergartner's teacher and principal (seperately) and questioned them about safety procedures, emergency protocol, how they would keep me child safe etc. Well, my husband noticed on the second day of school, that they were not following protocol (or what they told us was protocol) and ended up losing my child between the time he was left in their care in the cafeteria, and time school began. They were not even AWARE he was in the wrong classroom, until recess when he saw his regular teacher.. she had no idea he was even on campus. The school didn't notify me until I picked him up at the end of the day, and continually dismissed how WRONG the entire situation was. I immediately pulled my child from the school. I would NEVER recommend a parent sending their child to this school. The children simply are not safe there.

This school has got magor problems!!The office staff can't seem to remember where peoples children are when parents call in.The yard duty staff are rude and very snappy towards the parents and students,especially during breakfast. You should really think about what it takes to be a great school,because right now you have failed!!!!

I have to children that go to Greer. One is in first grade and the other is in fifth. My first grader is very bright and his kindergarten teacher did a very good job of challenging him...my fifth grader is very strong in some areas while weak in others, and her fourth grade teacher at Greer scheduled meetings with supporting staff at Greer so we could discuss ways to support our daughter at home...they also had several family activity nights throughout the year and a talent contest. My children really enjoy going to Greer.

Last modified Greer Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 1 out of 10 based on academic quality.