Sacramento, CA

Posted December 17, 2012
I am admittedly the "hover mother" of all "hover mother"s, so before the school year began, I sat down with my soon-to-be-kindergartner's teacher and principal (seperately) and questioned them about safety procedures, emergency protocol, how they would keep me child safe etc. Well, my husband noticed on the second day of school, that they were not following protocol (or what they told us was protocol) and ended up losing my child between the time he was left in their care in the cafeteria, and time school began. They were not even AWARE he was in the wrong classroom, until recess when he saw his regular teacher.. she had no idea he was even on campus. The school didn't notify me until I picked him up at the end of the day, and continually dismissed how WRONG the entire situation was. I immediately pulled my child from the school. I would NEVER recommend a parent sending their child to this school. The children simply are not safe there.

Posted February 23, 2010

Posted September 14, 2009

Posted November 10, 2008

Posted September 28, 2008

Greer Elementary School 0

Posted August 31, 2007
This school has got magor problems!!The office staff can't seem to remember where peoples children are when parents call in.The yard duty staff are rude and very snappy towards the parents and students,especially during breakfast. You should really think about what it takes to be a great school,because right now you have failed!!!!

Greer Elementary School 4

Posted June 27, 2007
I have to children that go to Greer. One is in first grade and the other is in fifth. My first grader is very bright and his kindergarten teacher did a very good job of challenging him...my fifth grader is very strong in some areas while weak in others, and her fourth grade teacher at Greer scheduled meetings with supporting staff at Greer so we could discuss ways to support our daughter at home...they also had several family activity nights throughout the year and a talent contest. My children really enjoy going to Greer.

Posted June 05, 2006
I love the kindergradten class my daughter is in.

Posted January 18, 2006
Hi, My name is Rebecca. I have 4 wonderful children, two of wich are special needs kids. One has Dislexia, the other has Epilepsy. My older two were in the 3rd and 4th grade, I think when we moved in this area, and my 3rd born was in 1st grade, and my youngest wasn't in school yet...he is now in the 2nd grade...anyway, when I first enrolled them in Greer, I was told by a few people whom lived near me that this school rated the lowest on test scores and so on...and ya know, I put them in this school anyway, and I am glad I did...I think every school has wonderful, loving, hardworking teachers, that give a darn..but, this school...I would have to say, has the best! My kids have all come a long way since going to Greer! Thanks teachers! -Rebecca

Posted May 15, 2005

Greer Elementary School
2301 Hurley Way, Sacramento, CA  95825
Last modified Greer Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 1 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Greer Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 10 reviews. Top