Sacramento, CA
Before care: Yes

Posted December 12, 2014
We are halfway through our 2nd year at Mariemont with children in 4th and 1st grades. I can't say enough good things about the recent changes that this school has gone through due in large part to the amazing leadership of the new principal, Ms. Beth Wahl. The last two years have been such an amazing improvement. The parents are inclusive and the teachers are great. I love that the school has more diversity than some of its sister schools in the area. It has a warm, welcoming feel, and I feel proud and lucky to be part of the Mariemont family. If you're considering this school, take one of their winter tours to get a feeling for the parents, the campus and to ask questions of the principal directly. I could not be happier with the move that our family made to the school last year.

Mariemont Elementary School 4

Posted January 28, 2014
It is too soon to give 5 stars as we are only starting kindergarten this year but so far so good. We are transfers from the local automatic school which had very poor ratings and I LOVE the decision to come here when we couldn't get into the school we originally wanted (that my other children attended). My child is on the hyper and inattentive side but he only gets appropriate attention and is working it out. You only get what you put into your experiences and it's true with this school as well. Fantastic teachers what we've seen so far. I am loving the staff (I see no "laziness" whatsoever) and we're excited to see how the rest of our years here shape my child's learning and experiences! Haven't met the principle much yet so I can't comment on that yet. Seems very nice though.

Posted October 06, 2013
I was wondering if this school is hard to get in to if you do not live in the school boundaries? Based on positive reviews, test scores, and location, we are planning to send our daughter here next year but I would like to know if there are a lot of kids on the waiting list. Does anybody know? Thank you.

Posted August 21, 2013
This school is amazing. My two children go here now, and as soon as my preschooler is old enough, she will also join the ranks at Mariemont. We have been THRILLED with this school. The parent involvement is through the roof. The teachers are wonderful, and the homey environment at this school makes me feel so good about leaving my children there during the day. We do not live in the school's boundaries, but have been nothing but welcomed and loved at this school! I can't imagine a better place to go to elementary school!!!!!!

Posted June 12, 2013
Mariemont is an amazing community of parents, teachers and kids! Not only are the API scores consistently very high, but there are so many "extras" offered here that are not offered at other schools - Choir with twice yearly shows, yearly talent show, Art Extravaganza, many outreach programs to teach the kids the importance of giving back to our community, Grandparent picnic, programs that encourage families to walk and bike to school, many amazing field trips, beginning and advanced band, and the list goes on! Wonderful, nurturing environment, very lucky to call this public school home.

Posted September 12, 2012
My son attended here and they said he was hard of hearing and needed speech help. It turns out he had a vision problem. I was basically told he wasn't advanced because we didn't afford preschool. He isn't rich and all the way the right race to fit in with the other kids at the school. He was a transfer in because I worked on Fairoaks Blvd and wanted to be close by but his home school was another elementary in the district. The school principal and the room mother were a clique a total high school drama clique. I was chastised by public email to a group of mother's over a charity project but I had to lay it back down and defend myself against the claims. Rude and unprofessional this school lacks tact. The only thing good about this school was one of the Kindergarten teachers and his Guinea Pig Oreo. My son had to re-take Kindergarten over the lack of attention to his actual medical diagnosis of being vision impaired not hearing impaired. We moved out of state and would never in our lives let our son attend Mariemont or a San Juan school even if we lived in the district itself we'd consider a public charter or home school. If your kids are not rich and 100% white prepare for war!

Posted September 11, 2012
A "Public School" is only as good as the involvement of the public. So if you refer to the staff as "Lazy" are you really reflecting on your own lack of involvement? I am the Mother of 3 and un-like every parent here, I was a STUDENT at Mariemont. Parents need to stand with their teachers not against them!!!

Posted May 23, 2012
Are you kidding me these reviews must be from the lazy staff. If you are not in the school boundaries they do everything they can to get your child out of the school. The teachers are lazy if they have to spend extra time they sure let you know what a inconvenience it is for them. What a joke this school doesn't even have a librarian. The principal is easy to pas the buck and is lazy and rude. If this rating had a zero it would suit this school. Get some teachers that care and a new principal that wasn't a patsy and this school is a four star.

Posted November 12, 2011
Mariemont has been a wonderful school for both of my children. Our family transferred here from another school in the San Juan School District and the difference in the quality of the teachers and the learning environment is dramatic. The PTA does a great job at making up for the lack of funds that every school in the San Juan school district is experiencing.

Posted August 31, 2011
I am a little surprised by the high rating listed for this school considering my son, entering the 2nd grade for the 2011-2012 school year, will not have music class, no librarian, no reading teacher, and only 50 minutes per week available for computer learning.

Mariemont Elementary School
1401 Corta Way, Sacramento, CA  95864
Last modified Mariemont Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Mariemont Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 14 reviews. Top