Posted September 12, 2014
My mother and I graduated from Mir Loma, her 1984 and me 2005, and I loved this school. Sure the football team was terrible but academically, which is what truly matters, was fantastic. I am still friends with some of my teachers and enjoy visiting whenever I can. I hope that my son will also be able to attend Mira Loma and graduate.

Posted August 01, 2014
As a recent graduate of c/o 2014, I can say my Mira Loma experience was marvelous. Coming from a non-competitive middle school, freshman year required me to adjust quickly. Some (IB) students may complain about the HW load; however, I've never had more than three hours of homework a night, and even then, most of my homework centered on Math, which has been scientifically proven to require daily HW for improvement. MLIB has a group of extremely bright and ambitious students; yet, because ML has so many group projects, ML has less neck-to-neck competition and more camaraderie and collaboration. Like any school, there is a variety of teachers. However, teachers for the core subjects, math, science, history, and english, are both passionate and attentive. They regularly call on students to analyze how the class is doing. If a student provides a less than adequate answer, the teacher will ask something like, "Why don't you be more specific?". If that response proves wanting, the teacher will ask another student. ML sports is not amazing, although water polo and tennis are doing very well. Yet, my belief is that education is the greatest investment one can make, not sports.

Posted October 12, 2013
I do not know how Greatshools ranks a school. I am however certain that it is completely wrong in not giving Mira Loma High School a perfect 10. If there is any school in the Sacramento Region that should be given a rank higher than 9, the first one should Mira Loma. Simply put, do not be fooled by a 8 out of 10 rank given to Mira Loma by Greatschools. Call a Mira Loma parent or a student who puts academic success the No. 1 goal. Yes, if your or your student considers academic success not important, or does not want to work hard, or thinks schools is only for fun, then it is not a good fit for your. For the rest, can have better choice if live around. I have the parent of a Mira Loma alumnus and a current student. I had endure very hardship to be able to send my kids to Mira Loma due to distance, but it worth every bit of it. Can't think of sending my kids any place else. The other kids, the teachers and the administration all are super.

Posted September 26, 2013
I am a parent , and I am extremely pleased with my choice to send my child to Mira Loma. The opportunities and experience my child is exposed to is greatly appreciated. Drama classes are wonderful!! Teachers in my experience , has proven that they are deeply invested in not only their choice of career but their compassion and devotion to our children. If given an opportunity check out their spirit weeks ! I love hearing my child get so excited about her school.

Mira Loma High School 4

Posted July 09, 2013
Thinking only as a student in the IB program, I would have given Mira Loma five stars, but those who are not in the IB program admittedly do not have quite as good of an experience. Our sports are alright (dance/drill team has ranked in the top three in the nation for several years, tennis is good), and our theatre program is excellent mostly due to our amazing drama teachers. Teachers in the IB program are mostly excellent, and they push you very, very hard, although as always, some teachers are just O-K. By senior year, you are well-equipped to enter college with ease. In terms of social life, although you spend an enormous amount of time doing homework, I have never felt more at home. Bullying is pretty much nonexistent on campus and everyone is very accepting of each other. Student Government-organized events are exceptional, especially our yearly event, Sports-A-Rama, which takes place every April. The social events at school make all the grades very tight-knit, and we all grow together, relying on one another. The school is a ton of fun while intellectually-challenging, and I can't imagine being anywhere else. I don't have enough characters to express how much I love it here.

Posted June 26, 2013
Mira Loma is the "Harvard" of High Schools in Sacramento. They are nationally recognized for their academics, they have a great drama program, and the students are amazing !

Posted January 17, 2013
This school is kinda amazing. Im tired of people bashing on it and saying were purely academic. While we do have outstanding academics, thats not all. Our dance team is ranked #1 nationally in certain areas and we actually have good tennis teams. We also have tons of other none academic activities for school spirit wgich are largely participated in. Like Spirit Weeks, homecoming, food fest, and international halls, and SAR which if you ask anyone is kne of the highlights of the year. I strongly recommend thos school.

Mira Loma High School 2

Posted January 03, 2013
This school is simply what you make it. Personally, I myself don't like it. Most of the teachers are fine, it's a pretty campus, and it's a great way to get out of Sacramento. However, it's mostly only a good school for really smart kids-- there's not much to offer for anyone outside of IB. Not to mention the emphasis on arts is, in my eyes, pathetic. I feel like this school could involve so much more emphasis on the arts. Most of the students I'm surrounded by don't have a passion for any art forms at all, part of that is the fault of the school focusing solely on basic academics.

Posted September 17, 2012
I am a student at Mira Loma and honestly I couldn't be more impressed. this school really cares about their students and thier main goal is to see you succeed. compared to the other high school I went to this place blows them out of the water. literally. there is that "element" because it IS a public high school but the IB and IS program make it worth it. i am in the ib program and i can tell you that here i feel the the "gangbangers" are definitley the minority here as opossed to other schools where the "nerds" are picked on and bullied. thats another thing. i have never no tonce been teased or anything here. please...take my word for it. if you have the discipline to pursue a rigorus academic course then go to mira loma!!! also, check out their website and look under accomplishments. there are many! and them going to nationals for sciencehistory. math and just about everything else is not uncommon..

Posted September 05, 2012
Go Matador's !! Love this school and all it offers to our children and our community our future!

Mira Loma High School
4000 Edison Avenue, Sacramento, CA  95821
Last modified Mira Loma High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Mira Loma High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 84 reviews. Top