School principal icon 130x130 140902

School Official Point of View

Pasadena is a Pre-School - 5th Grade Elementary School. We have a focus around STEMS, Science, Technology, Engineering and Math. We are a high performing school with a strong Balanced Literacy Program.
January 3, 2012

Posted September 06, 2014
Come check it out for yourself and you won't be disappointed. I am a very involved parent who is around the teachers, staff, office, parents and principal on a regular basis. I have not one negative thing to say. Pasadena is a great, safe, learning environment for my two children and I would recommend it to any great family who wants a wonderful elementary experience.

Posted September 05, 2014
I happen to agree with the other parent with regard to the 5th grade teacher. I too am stuck until I find another spot at another school. Hopefully that will be soon! At this point my children are not getting a quality education.

Posted September 05, 2014
I think this school at one time had a lot of potential but in recent years has gone down hill. Principals come and go every couple of years. The current principal had a lot of ambition when she started but has slacked off. The teachers are great in the younger grades but fourth and fifth grade teachers have little to no ambition. The PTO promises funds used for field trips and supplies but the field trips are the same every year. Parent participation is low and always has been. The district does not see this school as a priority and never will. An example of this would be the playground equipment. One last year had been broken and patched for years and the new one is for very young children and is really small. I would recommend other schools in the district before this one. Mission and Cowen are better options.

Posted September 04, 2014
Over the last couple of years Pasadena has shown much improvement. The Principal has a hands on approach to leadership. She is front and center and can always be seen around campus greeting students each morning out front and seeing them off in the afternoon. She is also with students during the entire lunch period and visits classes throughout the day. She has done a tremendous amount of work with her staff to make Pasadena a better school with a strong curriculum. Teachers and staff are caring, and students are happy and learning!!! There is always a handful of parents who are unhappy, no matter what the situation. Most are very happy with how Pasadena is growing.

Posted September 04, 2014
Pasadena is a wonderful school! Teachers are great, staff is friendly, and the Principal is very hands on. Pasadena's is becoming an innovative school teaching all standards through the lens of a scientist. Pasadena is a very welcoming school open to all students.

Posted September 04, 2014
All I can say is Pasadena is a delightful. All of my children have gone through Pasadena over the years and I have never been unsatisfied. A new Principal (Ms. Cummings) came on board last school year and she has made the school even better. My children have enjoyed each and every teacher they have come in contact with, and I have been especially pleased with the easy going nature of the staff. Thank you Pasadena!!!

Posted September 02, 2014
The academics at this school are sadly below where they should be. The homework does not challenge the children. The teachers are struggling to do what they can but it needs to be improved. This would not be my first choice when looking into a school.

Pasadena Avenue Elementary School 4

Posted September 01, 2014
Truthfully, this is a great school. The staff is very committed to the children and the new principle is very motivated to make whatever decision necessary to improve the school. If there is any negative it would be the level of parent support. But It seems to be getting better this year with the newly formed PTO. I think there are good things to come.

Posted September 01, 2014
Fifth grade teacher is horrible. Sadly until a space opens up somewhere else I am stuck.

Posted September 01, 2014
We have been part of Pasadena Elementary School since our oldest child started pres-school back in 2006. It has been an great experience for our two children, and now the little one joined. The staff is very dedicated to students and families. The new Principal came and is taking every step needed to improve our school everyday and encouraging parent participation. (which is the key to ANY school's success, there is only so much teachers can do without parents support) Pasadena Elementary is a small school where everyone knows everyone. I feel very confident knowing that my children are in a safe environment! I look forward for another 6 years as a Pasadena Panther Parent !

Pasadena Avenue Elementary School
4330 Pasadena Avenue, Sacramento, CA  95821
Last modified Pasadena Avenue Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Pasadena Avenue Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 29 reviews. Top