Bad
Good

My kids all went to Sierra Oaks. This a wonderful school and community. Teachers are caring and parents all get involved.

We have been parents at this school for 5 years. We have seen many changes over the past few years and last year was by far the best one ever. We are now a California Distinguished School, we have a great Principal and the school is fabulous. We could not be happier. We are so happy we stayed at Sierra Oaks and we know that our daughter will be well prepared for High School! There is strong parent support here as well. The PTA is very active and raises much needed money for the school. Many parents volunteer in the classrooms and at events.

The value of a K-8 school cannot be undervalued. The teachers, staff and administration at this school are the best. And the PTA does a fabulous job planning events and making everyone feel welcome.

The best combination of teachers and staff who strive for top academic instruction and social atmosphere, with a diverse student body and involved parents. Could not be happier with this school and how it is progressing under new leadership.

Sierra Oaks is a wonderful school. The principal and teachers are very qualified and very dedicated to the students. As parents, my husband and I feel very lucky to have such good teachers, classes with high parent involvement, an active PTA and supportive administration at our daughter's school. However, I must agree with the poster who stated that there some costs associated with instruction at this school. There are (small) fees for field trips and there is no free childcare (Discover Club costs about $5.00 per hour with a 10 hour minimum per week). Contrarily, I have not noticed an issue with "spoiled bullies" picking on kids. My daughter did have a problem with one classmate in 2nd grade and that problem disappeared immediately after I reported it her teacher. I have also witnessed teachers and yard duties dealing promptly with misbehavior many times. Most importantly, my daughter loves her school.

Awesome K-8 school! Amazing teachers, staff and Principal. Outstanding parental involvement. Exciting programs and extracurricular activities. Sierra Oaks has such a welcoming community feel about it ... just like sending my kids to a private school, but without the expense.

Got a new principal this year "Mrs B" and she is totally awesome. There for the teachers and the kids. Doesn't sit in her office; is out there knowing wht is going on. Even directs traffic when needed.....great school, fantastic principal!

NOT A SCHOOL FOR LOWER INCOME FAMILIES.... My 3 children attend this school, for one there are no free or affordable after school programs like at other schools ($300 per child) Every activity has a cost...even field trips! The las two schools my children attended were not so expensive. I feel that they don't consider the lower income families, at it upsets me because my children feel left out. I am a single mom and student full time and trying to make a better life for my kids so I hope this is all temporary for us....Also my children come home all the time talking about spoiled bullies being mean to them, we had none of that at the more diverse schools.

This is one of the best schools in Sacramento, especially considering it's K-8. It's very nurturing and combines a little bit of everything. Strong academics, art, music, PE, band, choir, lots of after school programs, involved parents, great teachers, amazing staff, beautiful playgrounds, safe neighborhood... I can go on and on...

This is one school that takes responsibility of teaching strong academics actually at school. My child comes home with enough homework, but not so much that he does not have time for anything else. I see work that they do at school, and it's amazing!

Last modified Sierra Oaks K-8 is a Public school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.