Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Just right (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Effective (1 response)

Whitney Avenue Elementary School 4

Posted August 12, 2015
My daughter went to second and third grade in Whitney and it was a great experience. All the staff are caring and helpful. You're in good hands here at Whitney.

Whitney Avenue Elementary School 1

Posted July 10, 2014
This school is terrible. The staff is burnt out and constantly give rewards to condition the students to behave, There are so many behaviors that are unreal. The principal pretends to care, but doesn't follow through at all with consequences. I'm taking my 3 kids and putting them into another local school that cares and where they can learn in a positive environment. Don't settle!!

Whitney Avenue Elementary School 1

Posted July 06, 2014
If you live around the school look into DPM, Cowan, or Merrimont they're such great schools with minimum behaviors. My girls have attended Whitney for 3 years. It's been nothing, but a nightmare finally we got into DPM and couldn't be happier. Other families are leaving too in flocks way too many behaviors and the principal doesn't give support or hold the students accountable. It is unfortunate just because it's title 1 doesn't mean the students should be able to hurt others and be so disrespectful without consequences. Such a mess!

Posted August 16, 2012
My son started school at Whitney in 2010, as a Kindergartner with Ms. Rudd and he was so happy! We absolutely loved her and all of the staff! They are so kind and caring. (Especially Miss Didi in the front office!) They work with our Religious views, and anything that we ask of them. The teachers keep each other very informed and everyone puts the children first. This is my son's 3rd year at Whitney, he is starting 2nd grade, and we love that he is still in this school.

Posted May 20, 2012
I think Whitney is great school my daughter has been there for 5 years and she loves Whitney

Posted May 05, 2011
I love this school for my 5 year old in kindergarten. If you notice the bad reviews are old. They have made a lot changes recently. From what I understand they were not a very good school a while back. The teachers are great and do a wonderful job of catering to each child. The principal is EXTREMELY involved in everything everyday, and pays attention to the kinds as well as his duties. The office staff is awesome and personally I love them! Very friendly and helpful as well.

Posted September 02, 2010
My daughter has just entered 1st grade. She attended Whitney last year for kindergarten and I can't express how great their teachers are. This school has the children's best interest at heart. Recently, with school just starting last week (August 23, 2010) Whitney has a new principal. So far he exeeds my expectation and the children "adore" him! He interacts with the kids on the playground, participates in the classrooms, is very personable and "listens". I'm so excited for the school this year with a wonderful new leader. I will say the principal before the current one was also fabulous! So this school will continue to excel. The one area of improvement we need at this school is more parent involvement in the PTA! I encourage the parents to please attend meetings and help out as often as you can.

Whitney Avenue Elementary School 3

Posted June 11, 2010
I think this is a lot better then where my children came from even though i loved there other school better but this has more for my children to do, exercise wise.

Posted September 08, 2009
My son just started kindergarden 3 weeks ago and I cant say how much I love the school! The teachers/staff have been nothing but helpful and nice :) The only down side is the parking/pick up situation. But I heard that will be fixed before the start of next year.

Whitney Avenue Elementary School

Posted April 20, 2009
Great school.Keep up the good work for our future generation

Whitney Avenue Elementary School
4248 Whitney Avenue, Sacramento, CA  95821-3253
Last modified Whitney Avenue Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.