Sacramento, CA

Posted April 09, 2009
A true sense of family and community exists at this school and you can't put a price on that. I'm confident that the education my son has gotten at John Paul II will prepare him to be successful in any of his pursuits.

Posted March 12, 2009
We are so pleased with this school! It is a wonderful community. The kindergarten teacher is phenomenal. The principal is an experienced educator who is very committed to all the families. Our daughter is thriving academically and spiritually!

Posted February 07, 2009
This is a great school who offers great programs and great teachers who care about their students.

Posted March 24, 2008
Great arts program; feeder school for Cristo Rey, St. Francis, Christian Brothers and Jesuit; usually full to nearly full in upper grades.

Posted July 09, 2007
I disagree with a parent comment to 'drive by and observe the curriculum'...How can someone simply drive by, observe the curriculum, or know the curriculum? Until I became a teacher myself and taught at different schools did I realize the curriculum and standards of JP II!!! With the partnership of involved parents, JP faculty and administration alike work very hard together to keep up and exceed the State curriculum standards.

John Paul II School 1

Posted July 03, 2007
The best thing is to drive by and observe the school yourself. I do agree with a comment that the curriculum could be improved especially when you fork-out thousands of dollars.

Posted June 29, 2007
Teachers at JP II are qualified and dedicated. They have the credentials, years of experience, and dedication to children. Some parents are dissatisfied due to their fundraising duties. Add to that their own supervision required for their child to succeed. Sad to know that some parents send their kids to public schools due to the contract-required fundraising. However, the education & values taking place at JPII is immeasurable. I've had my own share of the public school system.

Posted June 26, 2007
There was a lot of animosity regarding the merging of the two schools, All Hallows and St. Peter s, which resulted in a lot of disorganization due to lack of communication between parents, students, and faculty. The result was parents withdrawing their children from the school after the first year. This was not the case the second year of John Paul II School. The faculty and students that are there want to be there, and want the school to succeed. The principal, Sr. Maryanne, has an open door policy and the academic and religion curriculum is great. There were improvements to the school campus (i.e, new windows, air conditioning, and fresh paint) with the help of the fundraising. Most importantly my children have their Catholic faith, which is practiced at home, being reinforced at school. John Paul II School is on its way to being one of the best schools around!

John Paul II School 4

Posted June 26, 2007
At John Paul II, input from parents is strongly encouraged by the Principal. She understands that it not only takes faculty and students, but parents to make the school a great one. It saddens me to read the bad reviews and makes me wonder how much involvement these parents had beyond the required participation. This is a non-profit school and fundraising is vital to school improvements. John Paul II has a computer lab, art class, and library, which most public schools have cut out due to budget reasons. There is even a music program being added in the coming school year! The curriculum is great (my daughter was reading by the end of Kindergarten) and the religious education helped my daughter through the death of a friend/classmate. Also, this school has a family atmosphere that you will not find in any public school! -'It takes a village to raise a child'

Posted June 16, 2007
After reading all of the reviews, I am surprised with other parents' responses, and very appalled. I have just graduated with the class of 2007 here at John Paul II. I have attended this school since I was in sixth grade when it was All Hallows. The teachers (both at All Hallows and JPII) worked hard to prepare us for high school. This past school year, we were working very vigorously. I was always complaining, but now, I am proud to say that I am well-prepared for high school, and I am ready. At this school, we have excellent teachers, and very involved principal and pastors. In addition, a child could easily fit in, for there are absolutely no cliques, and is a very diverse school. It just depends on the child to try. I highly recommend this school to all families. -Walter Prado, Class of 2007

5700 13th Ave, Sacramento, CA  95820