K-8|Private

Bad
Good

Holy Spirit Parish School 4

Posted February 04, 2014
This school is now under new principal who is focusing on ensuring academics in general are beyond average. I started to see that in my child who loves the school and teachers. I am impressed with the parent participation in every aspect. I have faith that our children are getting very good spiritual and academic foundation.

Holy Spirit Parish School 2

Posted May 15, 2013
This school has declined over the years and is in need of a new principal.

Posted August 26, 2012
Very happy with this school. Tons of parent participation, academically superior to neighboring public schools, excellent teachers and principal. Feels like you are setting your childup for academic success.

Posted August 26, 2012
We are new to this school with one child attending. I read the prior reviews stating that new families are not welcomed and this is simply not the case. Has every parent rushed to make us feel welcomed...well no...but most have been very welcoming. We love the environment. As for the education, one should remember that parents have the primary responsiblity for educating their children, not schools. From what we have seen so far the education and curriculum provided are right on par. If your child is gifted, find a program for gifted kids. If your child needs learning assistance, find that assistance. I believe the program here is well rounded and will provide the basis for an excellent educational experience.

Holy Spirit Parish School 1

Posted March 03, 2011
I am very disappointed with this school. It is not academically up to par with the neighboring private or public schools. Either your child fits the mode or they don't. Period. Do not expect any accomodation whatsoever. The concentration is too much on complying with the uniform policies and too little on providing a challenging academic program. Many of the parents are unwelcoming.

Holy Spirit Parish School 3

Posted October 31, 2010
This school has room for much improvement. This will only happen if students are accepted if their parents want a Catholic education for them and not because they want the prestige of going to a private school.

Holy Spirit Parish School 3

Posted October 31, 2010
I am a former student of Holy Spirit, and I can honestly say that this school has helped me improve my body of knowledge and has prepared me well for high school. However, despite the great educators here, there is no place for the gifted. Everyone is in the same classes, receives the same assignments, and as a result, there are no programs for students to truly excel and be the best they can be. If your child is extremely smart like I was during my tenure at Holy Spirit, I highly recommend looking at other schools before this one. They deserve better.

Holy Spirit Parish School 4

Posted September 30, 2009
Holy Spirit School a 4.5! Well above average, with room for improvement. We've 2 kids here and love it! Regarding some issues. Yes, HSS is best for students falling near mid learning curve. Extremely gifted might not be challenged. Special needs kids will need to seek outside tutoring or help. All the staff gives extra time/help to those who need it, but there are no special programs for special needs kids. - HSS is firstly a Catholic school. Parochial not private. Sometimes HSS really doesn't fit, but if you want a faith based education, attend mass, and participate fully you will have a happy child ready for success at any HS. - Class size avg. 32 - Want to 'fit in' and be welcomed? Participate and Volunteer!! Fantastic arts program, new computer lab, and new math teacher. Excellent sports program. Go Bears!!

Posted May 21, 2009
I have two children at Holy Spirit and can honestly say that I am completely happy with their education from all perspectives. I am especially happy with the whole Holy Spirit School community and parish. I went to public schools for elementary school, high school, UCLA and beyond and can attest to the fact that the kids are getting a quality education. Many of the parents do not share my views with respect to math, but I can assure any parent that the math skills they are learning will translate easily to advanced placement courses in high school. I took Calculus in the 11th grade and the math skills they receive at Holy Spirit can prepare any student to take Calculus in the 11th grade. The kids also have a wide array of extra-curricular opportunities, including sports and academic decathlon that is appealing. I highly recommend Holy Spirit...

Holy Spirit Parish School

Posted March 11, 2009
My oldest child will graduate from HSPS this year after having been there since kindergarten. I originally had concerns about class size and whether the academics were superior to public schools. While there were peaks and valleys along the journey like at any school, I can say without hesitation that I would send my child there again. The school community and ties to the parish create a nuturing environment that cannot be duplicated. We have mostly long tenured talented faculty who want to teach in this environment. Academically it all seems to come together by the time they get to the 8th grade. I frequently hear about HSPS alumni who are leaders of their classes and are flourishing at Christian Brothers, St Francis and Jesuit. I have two more kids to go through and I am resting easy knowing that this is clearly the best school for our family.

Holy Spirit Parish School
3920 West Land Park Drive, Sacramento, CA  95822
Last modified Holy Spirit Parish School is a Private school that serves grades K-8