No rating

St Mary School

Private | K-8

Living in Sacramento

Situated in an urban neighborhood. The median home value is $310,000. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $1,110.

Posted July 2, 2014

Horrible school. Awful principal (who is there by default as he kept getting fired from previous principal positions). Inept teaching staff. As my son said, "You pay way too much money to have such mean teachers." The educational curriculum is better at virtually any other public school. They did not prepare my kids for high school. Math program always has been and always will be horrendous.

Posted June 8, 2011

I have two kids that go to St. Marys & I absolutely think it is an amazing school. When we were deciding on schools a few years back, my husband was adamant about our kids going to public schools, not private. Now after experiencing St. Marys, my husband will tell you it is by far the best money we have ever spent. We love the principle- this is his first year so we know he will only get better, the staff is beyond great and the parent participation is amazing. The students are respectful, considerate and just all around good kids.

Posted January 24, 2011

I have been waiting for this school to reach it's potential, but it isn't, nor do I ever see it doing so, under the dictatorship of it's new Principal, Mr. White. His physical presence at the school is virtually non existent. Yet the changes that he has made to take the fun out of school (crazy hat day, etc) and his determination to find fault and "bad behavior" in students and parents alike is a silent threat that hovers over our family daily. This will be our last year, thanks to Mr. White. Put your money someplace where they will welcome you, your thoughts and your family for what it is.

Posted September 8, 2010

This school is an amazing combination of community, academics and leadership. We have four children, one which has already graduated from Saint Mary School, 2 children currently attending the school and our youngest will start next year. We are thrilled to have Mr. White as the principal this year, and love the group of teachers that in turn, love our children. There are no words to explain the feeling that your children are in caring, loving, learning, safe hands while at school.

Posted June 15, 2009

Our daughter will be entering 2nd grade and has attended St. Mary's since Kindergarten. The school is exceptionall. Ms. Allen is not only a wonderful educator and person, she excels as a leader. The staff is superior and they epitomize the definition of what a good educator should be. I look forward to the future as I will continue to witness how the school, staff and Ms. Allen play such vital roles in my daughter's future. Thank you St. Mary's!

Posted April 14, 2009

I just graduated from St. Mary School last year, class of 2008, and I enjoyed every moment of my life there, ever since my first day in the third grade. The teachers are spectacular, very bright, and know exactly what they are doing. I liked the whole environment and friendly atmosphere we were immersed in. St. Mary's definitely helped shape my life to what it is today.
—Submitted by a student

Posted January 26, 2009

We continue to be impressed by this school. Ms. Allen is a fabulous leader who takes pride in the school, her faculty and the kids. This pride is apparent in every aspect of the school and creates a positive, friendly and compassionate environment for the children. The school is incredibly organized and knows how to manage and utilize their funds to benefit the kids. The faculty is very involved which enables the teachers to tap into many resources to ensure that the kids are challenged and engaged. They have dynamic programs in music, computer, art, sports and science. The class size is large but it is managed incredibly. We think St. Mary's is the best kept secret in town.

Posted December 25, 2008

A wonderful school, no doubt! We love Mrs Elorduy, (the Kindergarten teacher) We wouldn't send our children anywhere else! It is the #1 Catholic school in Sacramento. Great staff, wonderful parents, no complaints!

Posted September 23, 2008

St. Mary School has an excellent science, art, music and academic program. The Kindergarten teacher is very dedicated and attempt to make each child realize his or her potential. She has a way of making each child feel very special! The first, second and third grade teachers are super! I feel very confident with the spirituality of the school as well as its academic program. Keep up the good work Ms. Allen! You are obviously an inspiration to your staff!

Posted September 23, 2008

Great school! Great Teachers. Love the Kindergarten teacher - makes each child feel very special! Always smiling and interacting with all the children. All the staff members are very approachable and encouraging!

Posted July 26, 2008

the chool is fantastic. i just graduated nd loved every minute of it
—Submitted by a student

Posted August 29, 2007

Extracurricular activities excellent current 1st grade teacher fabulous. Principal very lazy, inactive, does not return phone calls or emails in a time appropriate manner, kindergarten teacher lazy. No sense of a community all they want is your money.

Posted January 31, 2006

I attended this school as a child. It was a great school then. Now my children attend and the school is even better! The quality of education is wonderful, but the excellent principal and staff are the best part. My kids love this school and learning. Each year, their teacher becomes their favorite!

Posted June 1, 2004

I went to this school K-7. I had a terrific time. The teachers were nice, and it was the perfect learning enviorment! I had such a great time there! I learned so much and it was such a great way to start out my journey of learning.
—Submitted by a former student

Posted March 1, 2004

We have been involved with St.Mary School for 3 years and have had a wonderful experience. The environment is very nurturing and caring and my sons have received excellent education. Teachers are wonderful and the Academic program is very strong.

Asian or Asian/Pacific Islander 3% 11%

Science, Technology, Engineering, & Math (STEM)

• Computer lab

• Coed
Affiliation
  • Roman catholic
Associations
  • NCEA

Specific academic themes or areas of focus

• Religious

• Computer lab
  • Library
Partnerships with local resources and organizations
  • Diocese of Sacramento

To learn more about enrolling, please call the school.

1351 58th Street