K-8|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)

This school has kind caring, loving teachers and staff. My kids have learned a lot in our time here. Math has been lacking, but they are aware and working on it. Nothing is perfect at any school 100% of the time. They offer great specialty classes that you do not get in most public schools. I took off a star because I do not care for their current principal. And to the poster below about the "mean teachers" I don't think you know what you are talking about. I can honestly say it was probably a you problem not a them problem.

Teacher effectiveness: Disagree

While a few teachers work really hard, too many are slow to respond, not attentive in class, and behind in posting grades. Their iPad program is ridiculous. Not only are students able easily able to play games and look up inappropriate material during class, there is very little academic purpose/use for the devices. I believe the school started using them just for show. I put my child in this school to be challenged while being around children who were taught morals and proper behavior. However, the curricula is not rigorous and I do not feel my child learned as much as other children in public schools. Additionally, my child reported several instances of sexually explicit conversations, twerking contests, and a surprising number of inappropriate children.

Horrible school. Awful principal (who is there by default as he kept getting fired from previous principal positions). Inept teaching staff. As my son said, "You pay way too much money to have such mean teachers." The educational curriculum is better at virtually any other public school. They did not prepare my kids for high school. Math program always has been and always will be horrendous.

I have two kids that go to St. Marys & I absolutely think it is an amazing school. When we were deciding on schools a few years back, my husband was adamant about our kids going to public schools, not private. Now after experiencing St. Marys, my husband will tell you it is by far the best money we have ever spent. We love the principle- this is his first year so we know he will only get better, the staff is beyond great and the parent participation is amazing. The students are respectful, considerate and just all around good kids.

I have been waiting for this school to reach it's potential, but it isn't, nor do I ever see it doing so, under the dictatorship of it's new Principal, Mr. White. His physical presence at the school is virtually non existent. Yet the changes that he has made to take the fun out of school (crazy hat day, etc) and his determination to find fault and "bad behavior" in students and parents alike is a silent threat that hovers over our family daily. This will be our last year, thanks to Mr. White. Put your money someplace where they will welcome you, your thoughts and your family for what it is.

This school is an amazing combination of community, academics and leadership. We have four children, one which has already graduated from Saint Mary School, 2 children currently attending the school and our youngest will start next year. We are thrilled to have Mr. White as the principal this year, and love the group of teachers that in turn, love our children. There are no words to explain the feeling that your children are in caring, loving, learning, safe hands while at school.

Our daughter will be entering 2nd grade and has attended St. Mary's since Kindergarten. The school is exceptionall. Ms. Allen is not only a wonderful educator and person, she excels as a leader. The staff is superior and they epitomize the definition of what a good educator should be. I look forward to the future as I will continue to witness how the school, staff and Ms. Allen play such vital roles in my daughter's future. Thank you St. Mary's!

I just graduated from St. Mary School last year, class of 2008, and I enjoyed every moment of my life there, ever since my first day in the third grade. The teachers are spectacular, very bright, and know exactly what they are doing. I liked the whole environment and friendly atmosphere we were immersed in. St. Mary's definitely helped shape my life to what it is today.

We continue to be impressed by this school. Ms. Allen is a fabulous leader who takes pride in the school, her faculty and the kids. This pride is apparent in every aspect of the school and creates a positive, friendly and compassionate environment for the children. The school is incredibly organized and knows how to manage and utilize their funds to benefit the kids. The faculty is very involved which enables the teachers to tap into many resources to ensure that the kids are challenged and engaged. They have dynamic programs in music, computer, art, sports and science. The class size is large but it is managed incredibly. We think St. Mary's is the best kept secret in town.

Last modified St Mary School is a Private school that serves grades K-8