School principal icon 130x130 072214

School Official Point of View

Presentation School is a vibrant, responsive community and school. Teachers are supportive, dedicated, and available. Students are successful both in and out of the classroom as evidenced by standardized tests, community involvement, and expression of faith. We have had a couple of changes in faculty--as all schools do--and the addition of a vibrant Pastor, which have resulted in an even stronger collective commitment to our school. The beauty of the system is that our school, and our sister Catholic schools, are academically and spiritually committed to our students. This is a job, a career, and a ministry for us. If you are a prospective parent, I pray for you to find the right school for your family; if you are already a Presentation family, I thank you on behalf of our faculty and staff for your trust and support.
February 27, 2010

Posted May 02, 2014
I absolutely loved this school for my son. He attended K-8 there and the teachers, the parents and the students were all very good people. Father Leatherby is great! and the Dominican Sisters are phenomenal! My son is now in Jesuit High School and he is a great person! I owe it all to Presentation and the great morals, values, ethics, and great role models he had there. Thank you Presentation!

Posted April 26, 2014
I love the character education the student's are taught and it's unfortunate that it's lacking in most schools. Academics and high expectations in a positive environment is also a priority at this school and we are so lucky we found this gem!

Posted April 10, 2014
I have one child who is currently enrolled in K at Presentation. I couldn't be happier. I had an opportunity to move, and the idea of pulling my child out if Presentation brought me to tears. My son is very happy there. The kids are taught in academics and virtues, which I like a lot. My child has Art, PE, Spanish, Religion, and Catechesis as well as their normal curriculum. The principal as well as the priest at the parish know every child by name, and the kids are very close knit and look out for one another. I am so happy with the school.

Posted April 27, 2012
I am a parent of 2 children that have had the great benefit of the high quality curriculum, teaching and character-building found in the halls of Presentation. Having "shopped" for the best environment for learning, I found it came down to great teachers, a supportive parent/family community and clear communication--especially when things aren't on track. The Principal is especially extraordinary--you don't easily find someone who is willing to talk through difficult issues that come up., and who remains a smart, loving spirit. Look no further---Presentation is your destination!

Posted April 26, 2012
I am a parent of two children at Presentation. I am also a CA credentialed teacher for grades K-8. I have taught several years for a local public school but have never worked at Presentation as a teacher. Beyond looking for the obvious atributes of a good school, I looked for one where my children would grow spiritually. It is my opinion that there is no better place in Sacramento where children can learn their Catholic faith better. Virtues and theology are integrated throughout much of what learn do each day. My oldest child's favorite class is Religion. The core curricular areas are also very good. Several parents volunteer to give the students more one-on-one instruction and small group break-outs. I understand attendance was very low in all grade levels prior to the Sisters arriving in 2011. Since their integration into the school, many of the classes are filled to capacity and some with waiting lists for the 2013 academic year. There are typically 4 to 6 sisters on campus each day.

Posted April 25, 2012
Hi all - I am the father of multiple kids in the school. My wife and I have had our kids in 3 schools and Presentation is easily the best. Presentation is without a doubt a vibrant school; vibrant with the Holy Spirit that teaches us AND challenges us to be truly joyful in following His promptings. My advice to prospective families would be to take your kids for a visit and meet all the teachers and ask students in the classrooms and find parents to talk to and see for yourself. A families' opinion of a school can depend on a lot of subjective and even temporary factors. Their is irrefutable evidence that the Principal is not only academically committed, but committed to a rigorous formation that would impress any prep school admissions committee. Namely, Presentation is committed to Character Education using the Virtues - for students and teachers - and to integrating this educational approach across disciples. This is cutting-edge and will make Presentation stand out among other schools. Many new families, including my own, have joined Presentation in the last two years and have enriched the environment a great deal. We hope you will come visit and see for yourself.

Presentation Of The Blessed Mary School 1

Posted February 10, 2012
Presentation school is not responsive or vibrant. Seven families have gone to the Priest to complain that I know about and nothing is being done. Students who get kicked out of other schools are allowed here. The Sister principal is not academically committed to her students. She is always right. Her staff does no wrong even if it is to the determnet of the child. They do not address learning disabilities even though they have a team in place. It is a hit and miss with teachers. If you are a prospective family, I pray you look elsewhere. Looks pretty on the outside but not too good on the inside- fundraisers constantly, no assistants for large classrooms, Priest's friends and family on staff and in classrooms. The staff does not have a solid reputation. The school almost closed several years ago. If the staff was good, families would have stayed. Same families volunteer over and over again and get burned out. There are better Catholic schools in the area. Several families leaving becasue they lost trust in the school.

Presentation Of The Blessed Mary School 3

Posted July 27, 2011
Loving and caring community, but this was not a good fit for my son. He was a 4 year old boy when I enrolled him. The class size was just too large to meet his needs. (When I visited the year before, class sizes were smaller!) I felt that the teacher expected kindergarten behavior from a just turned 4 year old boy. In addition, limited outdoor activities. His behavior problems were a mix of the methods and immaturity. When I placed him in a smaller preschool that uses the nurtured child approach he flourished and is well above his peers in reading/writing/math. I think that if your child does well in large groups, can sit quietly for long periods of time, and his/her eagerness does not prevent them from sitting in large circle time waiting, it will be a good fit. I do know other parents who love the teacher and preschool program. I was impressed with the caring enviroment created by the religeous community. It was heart breaking to leave!

Presentation Of The Blessed Mary School 1

Posted January 25, 2011
I had my child in this scool for 4 years and at the begining I found that it was really good. Each year it got worse and worse. My child was getting picked on, bullied and I felt that nothing was being done to solve the problem. My childs grades were being affected and it got to the point that my child would get up to school and beg not to go. I think most of the teachers there were great and the best one is the 2nd grade teacher. She gives so much of her self. She was always staying after school on her own time to help the kids that were strugling. I wish I could take her with me to this school.

Posted December 04, 2010
The love in this school from child to child is so very very sweet. It is the same felt sweet spirit of the leadership and is contagious.

Presentation Of The Blessed Mary School
3100 Norris Avenue, Sacramento, CA  95821
Last modified Presentation Of The Blessed Mary School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8
Presentation Of The Blessed Mary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 40 reviews.