Posted July 27, 2013
I have been attending St. Joseph School since the s.y. 2004 to 2005 being in kindergarten, and this year I graduated as the SJS Jauguars Class of 2013 and now will be attending Saint Francis High School as an incoming freshman. I could really care less about what people say about this school, to me its not like a second home, it is my second home. I couldnt be happier to have gone to this school. Everybody always had eachothers backs. I dont know where else I would have made amazing friends that are like family to me. It really breaks my heart to see my second home close, but im also glad that I got to enjoy such an amazing journey and getting to be the last graduating class ever. Ps. Mrs. Bauman, or whatever youre name is, F**k you, everyone knows that you purposely got insepectors to close down the school. I really wish Mrs. Petterson ans Sr. Aster where still there, they were the best Principal and Vice Principal SJS ever had. Now everyone knows the truth Mrs. Fat flat korean mole face. I wish you never came here. Everyone does.. </3

Posted February 09, 2013
The school does NOT have low enrollment as the one parent stated in the review. The enrollment is higher than it was last year. There are many new families and the teachers are awesome here and the children are happy!

Posted November 19, 2012
The school is under new leadership. The new principal in just a few months has brought in Internet, computers, music, document cameras, projectors, laptops, hot lunch program, cleanliness, organization and efficiency. She communicates with parents, teachers, and the students really enjoy her enthusiasm. She has raised the bar in many areas and we are thrilled to be a part of this faith filled environment!!

St. Joseph School 1

Posted May 15, 2012
School has changed ever since Rick Maya took over as Executive Director. I am taking out my children in this school. Leadership of Rick is very bad. I used to like Don Pugliesi as the head of Catholic Schools in Sacramento. In the coming school year, they will have low enrollment because of the changes made by Rick. Mrs. Peterson and Sr. Aster were very good with people and Rick just took them out. I hope you guys don't enroll your children here.

Posted March 12, 2012
I am a college level educator , and I enrolled my 2 children in St. Joseph 1 1/2 years ago. The school has implemented a lot of changes in their teaching method and curriculum. The new staff of teachers from 2010 to current are highly educated and come from well known educational institutions, such as the University of Notre Dame etc... They are very knowledgeable and current in their teaching methods. The school has made some great changes in their academic program. I am very happy I enrolled my children in this school because they provide them with a good education along with good Christian values. I do feel that the parents need to be more involved with fundraising and other school activities. As far as the location being undesirable, some of the best Christian schools, such as Christian Brothers, Our Lady of Grace, Presentation, St. Charles Borromeo, St. Patrick, Presentation etc.. are located in undesirable locations because they were built many years ago. In addition don't judge a book by its cover :)

St. Joseph School 2

Posted May 04, 2009
We put our kids in St Joseph as there was no other acceptable public schools in the area. We were impressed by promises made at registration but few have been met. The teachers do not provide successful teachings, they use unorthodox ways that do not work. I believe the teachers care a lot about the children but maybe they do not have the skills to teach them. I also agree that the environment is not the greatest and if other options are available they should be looked into.

St. Joseph School 2

Posted January 17, 2009
The academic standards are low. The environment is of steel gates, no natural habitats such as trees for shade in the hot summer months, grass to roll on or flowers to smell. The teachers are nice, however the communication between parents and the school is vague.The nuns are can not relate to the children and seem to sometimes have a hard time guiding them. St. Joseph asks for at least 40 hours of volunteer work per family plus funds on top of the tuition you already pay. The school gets by, but there are plenty of other schools that are by far greater.

Posted January 10, 2009
Wonderfully loving environment. Actually has religious staff (nuns) and the Pastor is there every afternoon.

St. Joseph School 4

Posted May 25, 2006
- a former student
I went to St. Josephs School. The teachers are very friendly, and the kids are awesome. It's like one big happy family. You learn a lot aswell.

St. Joseph School 3

Posted January 27, 2005
The academic program is adequate. More effective implementation of the Catholic Faith in the students lives needs improvement. For a Catholic School there is minimal involvement with the pastor other than mass every Friday. The expectations of parent involvement is unclear as the communication within the school system and to the parent activities committee needs updating.

St. Joseph School