Christian Brothers High School

Private | 9-12

Living in Sacramento

Situated in an inner city neighborhood. The median home value is $80,800. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $900.

Sweep tile

Posted March 17, 2014

A Niche for everyone. You get to just be yourself. Great, happy environment for students and teachers. Best Catholic High School in the region. My son started at Jesuit, and transferred to CB. He thought that you were supposed to hate school until he went there.

Posted February 2, 2014

I have a problem with constant use of the IPAD at school (and after school): Eye problems caused by computer use is computer vision syndrome (CVS). CVS is not one specific eye problem. Instead, the term encompasses a whole range of eyestrain and pain experienced by computer users. Research shows computer eye problems are common. Somewhere between 50% and 90% of people who work at a computer screen have at least some symptoms of eye trouble. Kids who use computers throughout the day at school also can experience eye problems related to computer use, especially if the lighting and computer position are less than ideal. Computer vision syndrome is similar to carpal tunnel syndrome and other repetitive stress injuries at work. It occurs when you're carrying out the same motion over and over again. Just like those other repetitive stress injuries, computer vision syndrome can get worse the longer you continue the activity. Working at a computer requires that the eyes continuously focus, move back and forth, and align with what you are seeing. The eyes have to accommodate to changing images on the screen in order to create a clear picture for the brain to interpret. -WebMD

Posted October 22, 2013

This is the best school in the sacramento area. It has a really good sense of community and everyone is very friendly. The new iPad program is fantastic for my child and I've had no complaints the three years my child has gone to school there. Go falcons!

Posted September 19, 2013

Sending my kids to Christian Brothers High School is honestly the BEST money I have ever spent! My oldest graduated and was very well prepared to succeed in college - academically, socially and spiritually. My youngest is a sophomore and happy every day to go to school. The teachers care deeply and challenge the kids in the classroom. The iPad program is off to a great start. I'm glad that we own the device and are not having to "rent" it from the school. That way, we can personalize with the apps that best meet my son's learning style. Best of all, I like that the students are kind to one another. The teachers, faculty and staff create an environment where everyone can thrive and be themselves. I'm not sure that is typical of most high schools, but, I'm grateful that it's a part of CB. Each year, graduates earn admission to the best colleges and universities in the nation (Ivy Leagues, Military Academies, Stanford, Georgetown etc.) It's up to our kids to put in the work and CB can get them there.

Posted November 27, 2012

Quite disappointed in CB's new iPad requirement. The school is already quite expensive and now is requiring ALL students purchase an iPad for school. This requirement would be acceptable for starting freshman students and/or sophomores but not for seniors who only have one year left. This just shows how CB is more concerned with looking good for potential "rich" families and not taking into account current families and their finances.

Posted October 8, 2012

Christian Brothers truly is the place to be. It is a warm and welcoming environment that unlike other Catholic schools in the area admits students from all academic, financial, and even religious backgrounds. CB sticks to there five core Lasallian principles of faith: quality education, faith in the presence of God, concern for the poor and social justice, respect for all persons, and inclusive community. Students leave with a sense of all of these because CB actually acts on these beliefs and genuinely cares about the well being of every student. My child is now a junior, yet her teachers from freshmen year still remember and care about her.

Posted January 9, 2012

Our oldest graduated from Christian Brothers last year and our other child is a junior. Christian Brothers, the oldest Catholic high school in Sacramento, provided the kind of high school experience and more that we hoped our children could have: Excellent college prep academics, co-ed, caring environment, diverse student body, great array of extra-curricular activities. No matter what academic level your child is at, they will graduate well prepared for college, if they put in their share of the work. Not only will their intellect be developed, but so will their social abilities and their sense of themselves as spiritual begins. The location of the school, Oak Park, provides a real-world environment and the students have opportunities to participate in volunteer work in this community. This school truly lives its mission as a Catholic school in the Lasallian tradition. CB has an outstanding leadership team and dedicated faculty and staff. You'll also find loyal and committed parents ready and willing to work on school events. CB is a Sacramento tradition and a great source of pride for the region. Many say this is the jewel of Sacramento's Catholic high schools.

Posted July 27, 2011

Christian Borthers is an excellent school. My daugther transfered from Loretto in her junior year and had a wonderful experience at Christian Brothers. If you take the Scholars/honors/AP track courses at CB you will be well prepared fo apply to top colleges. Highly recommended!

Posted August 23, 2010

Though they market themselves as a school with exemplary academics, my child and I found his teachers to be not only unsatisfactory, but demotivated in general, as if they didn't even enjoy what they were teaching. In addition, the classes were much larger than the admissions people said that they would be, leading to a much less personalized learning experience for my child.

Posted July 30, 2010

When I first toured this school I was very impressed. The students, and staff were so friendly and helpful (as I would say a "Stepford" school) My son was admitted into their SAGES summer school program being he was a little behind. 2 weeks toward the end of the summer school I met with the teacher and was told my son was a hard worker and that he was "teachable", and that there was a few kids in the class that had no chance of making it. This made me feel like my son was actually doing ok in the program. After summer school ended, CB sent us a letter stating my son was denied admission because he had been failing? I called and emailed the President, Vice President, Principal, Vice Principal, Dean of Students, and the teacher of CB and NO ONE will give me the time of day as to why I was told one thing and another thing was done. They DO NOT practice what they preach what so ever!

Posted June 26, 2009

This is an excellent school. After four years, my daughter had a great experience at CB. Students at this age are very difficult to deal with, but the school knows how to support them and bring the best out of them. This is indeed a school with pride, tradition and high quality education.

Posted May 10, 2009

I can't say enough wonderful things about this school. The teachers and staff are top notch! They really care! It is definately worth the financial sacrifice!

Posted January 20, 2009

Let me begin by saying that I am currently a sophmore at Christian Brothers Highschool. Our school is one of the best in northern California for a variety of reason. We have principals that will stand out in the front of the school every morning simply to say good morning to any and all students. We have teachers that will stay late to answer any and all questions that a student would have. Our student body is consists of a variety of students of different races, creeds, and backgrounds , who are united within the Lasallian Community. We have the Christian Brothers on campus to serve as living paragons of virtue. We have programs and activities that bring us closer to our community like tutoring, mentoring, or overall support. Our moto 'Enter to Learn, Leave to Serve' is prevalent in our students, teachers, and families because we are the Lasallian Community.
—Submitted by a student

Posted November 2, 2008

CBHS is the best private school in Sacramento. The location is not in the best neighborhood, but the reason for staying in Oak Park exemplifies the school's teachings of serving the community and those less fortunate than yourself. CB's motto'Enter to learn, leave to serve' is the best teaching for today's youth and is demonstrated by its staff and alumni. The teachers really care for your child and the closeness of the school community ensures that your child is nurtured and dosen't 'fall through the cracks' Individuality and creativity are encouraged. Your child is lucky if he/she is able to attend!

Posted May 31, 2007

Christian Brothers is a very inviting place. They have many estra curriculum & activities for their students. This one of the best schools to get involved in. I am a freshman at the school this year & I love it. The teachers take the time & effort to help the student succeed.
—Submitted by a student

Posted June 21, 2006

Christian Brothers High School has provided my sons with a great educational background. Both have called home after there first years of college (one at Morehouse in Atlanta, GA & the other at St. Mary's Moraga, CA) and stated that CB prepared them above and beyond what is expected at college! Thank You CBHS! I am so pleased with this school I continue to donate to them even through my sons are have been out of high school for a year. I cannot say they would of been this successful at some other high school.

Posted June 20, 2006

Christian Brothers is a very tight-knit family. They set their standards very high for their students and expect the best. Academics are broad, yet challenging.
—Submitted by a former student

Posted April 16, 2005

This school is a great quality school that provides all the needed tools for a student to be prepared for college. This would be a great school for any student.
—Submitted by a former student

Posted December 30, 2004

CB is a great school. The faculty and staff are caring and responsive to parental concerns. I feel my student is safe on this campus and is cared for. I do recommend an opportunity for more parental input as to teacher performance and evaluation feedback to administration. Most teachers are very good.

Posted May 16, 2004

Each day, students at CBHS are reminded of the school's philosophy when they walk past the cross in front of the school. This cross displays the words 'Enter to Learn. Leave to Serve'. This statement is the foundation of what the Christian Brothers are all about. CBHS students are challenged both academically and socially and go on to very prominent colleges and careers. More importantly, they are taught to go out into the world to promote social justice and cater to those less fortunate. What better education can a parent ask for their child? I am proud to say that my son will graduate this year (2004) from CBHS and my daughter in 2006. As a Christian Brothers' alumnus myself (1977), I am proud to carry on the La Sallian education tradition through my children and hopefully their children one day. I thank God daily for CBHS. PEJ

Ethnicity This school
Black 6%
American Indian/Alaska Native 1%
Hawaiian Native/Pacific Islander 0%
Source: NCES, 2009-2010

Science, Technology, Engineering, & Math (STEM)

• Computer lab

• Coed
Affiliation
  • Roman catholic
Associations
  • NCEA

Specific academic themes or areas of focus

• Religious

• Computer lab
  • Library
Partnerships with local resources and organizations
  • Diocese of Sacramento

To learn more about enrolling, please call the school.

4315 Martin Luther King Jr. Boulevard