Christian Brothers High School 4

Posted August 21, 2014
My son is currently a sophomore at CBHS. As a public school student out of Elk Grove, we had hoped his transition into the school would be easy. As he was a 3.7 student as an 8th grader. When he tested to get in as a freshman, he tested in the upper middle tier. we quickly noticed some definciencies in his previous education even though he received high grades. Teachers at CB were quick to tackle the situation and help him fill in the gaps. CB is an academic school that does encourage students to be more than students. In my sons case he is a dual sport athlete, but the he needs to be a student athlete, and the school atmosphere helps him maintain that idea. CB does offer a SAGES program for students who have not been that succesfull academically in the past. It works to help transition students to help them get to a 4 year college. After speaking with other parents who had students come from a public school back ground, there are some numbers games being played in the public school system that provide a false sense of accomplishment. If you choose to go to CB...be prepared to work. Also if you are in a lower income bracket the school offers resources....

Christian Brothers High School 4

Posted May 31, 2014
My daughter loves this school. Aside from the new iPad program and online teaching methods in their infancy, this is a great school.

Christian Brothers High School 2

Posted May 22, 2014
While my child did not ultimately attend CB, we went through the admissions process. My child did not get placed into high level classes and was asked to repeat Algebra and placed in the lowest Science class. He is currently a Junior at another school and scored 730 on the SAT math (around 96 percentile). Does a kid that scored that high really need to repeat Algebra? Yes, my child has a great math mind but CB is more about rigid rules than looking at the whole child. The level of classes he was offered would have been a waste of time. Do NOT let this school put your children in low level classes. It is not worth the money for the mid range classes. If religion is your motive for sending your child here go for it. If it's the education proceed with caution. KNOW what you're getting into and fight for your child. CB looks after certain kids not the masses. Two stars were given based on the admissions process and class placement.

Posted March 17, 2014
A Niche for everyone. You get to just be yourself. Great, happy environment for students and teachers. Best Catholic High School in the region. My son started at Jesuit, and transferred to CB. He thought that you were supposed to hate school until he went there.

Posted October 22, 2013
This is the best school in the sacramento area. It has a really good sense of community and everyone is very friendly. The new iPad program is fantastic for my child and I've had no complaints the three years my child has gone to school there. Go falcons!

Posted September 19, 2013
Sending my kids to Christian Brothers High School is honestly the BEST money I have ever spent! My oldest graduated and was very well prepared to succeed in college - academically, socially and spiritually. My youngest is a sophomore and happy every day to go to school. The teachers care deeply and challenge the kids in the classroom. The iPad program is off to a great start. I'm glad that we own the device and are not having to "rent" it from the school. That way, we can personalize with the apps that best meet my son's learning style. Best of all, I like that the students are kind to one another. The teachers, faculty and staff create an environment where everyone can thrive and be themselves. I'm not sure that is typical of most high schools, but, I'm grateful that it's a part of CB. Each year, graduates earn admission to the best colleges and universities in the nation (Ivy Leagues, Military Academies, Stanford, Georgetown etc.) It's up to our kids to put in the work and CB can get them there.

Christian Brothers High School 3

Posted November 27, 2012
Quite disappointed in CB's new iPad requirement. The school is already quite expensive and now is requiring ALL students purchase an iPad for school. This requirement would be acceptable for starting freshman students and/or sophomores but not for seniors who only have one year left. This just shows how CB is more concerned with looking good for potential "rich" families and not taking into account current families and their finances.

Posted October 08, 2012
Christian Brothers truly is the place to be. It is a warm and welcoming environment that unlike other Catholic schools in the area admits students from all academic, financial, and even religious backgrounds. CB sticks to there five core Lasallian principles of faith: quality education, faith in the presence of God, concern for the poor and social justice, respect for all persons, and inclusive community. Students leave with a sense of all of these because CB actually acts on these beliefs and genuinely cares about the well being of every student. My child is now a junior, yet her teachers from freshmen year still remember and care about her.

Posted January 09, 2012
Our oldest graduated from Christian Brothers last year and our other child is a junior. Christian Brothers, the oldest Catholic high school in Sacramento, provided the kind of high school experience and more that we hoped our children could have: Excellent college prep academics, co-ed, caring environment, diverse student body, great array of extra-curricular activities. No matter what academic level your child is at, they will graduate well prepared for college, if they put in their share of the work. Not only will their intellect be developed, but so will their social abilities and their sense of themselves as spiritual begins. The location of the school, Oak Park, provides a real-world environment and the students have opportunities to participate in volunteer work in this community. This school truly lives its mission as a Catholic school in the Lasallian tradition. CB has an outstanding leadership team and dedicated faculty and staff. You'll also find loyal and committed parents ready and willing to work on school events. CB is a Sacramento tradition and a great source of pride for the region. Many say this is the jewel of Sacramento's Catholic high schools.

Posted July 27, 2011
Christian Borthers is an excellent school. My daugther transfered from Loretto in her junior year and had a wonderful experience at Christian Brothers. If you take the Scholars/honors/AP track courses at CB you will be well prepared fo apply to top colleges. Highly recommended!

Christian Brothers High School
4315 Martin Luther King Junior Boulevard, Sacramento, CA  95820
Last modified Christian Brothers High School is a Private school that serves grades 9-12
Christian Brothers High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 39 reviews. Top