K-8|Private

Bad
Good

This is a wonderful little school that nobody seems to know about. We have wonderful dedicated faculty who care about the students and families. Most of the graduates feed into Christian Brothers and St. Francis high schools. The class sizes are small and they have added music, art and Spanish classes over the last 2 years. The student body is very diverse and reflects the many different communities represented in Sacramento. I whole-heartedly recommend this school because my children are well educated, and loved by this community.

To say the least, this school could absolutely use some work. If your looking for the best quality education, you will find it somewhere else. If your looking for a faith based community with a good education, then this really is a good place. One program I firmly believe that they should abolish is the music program and specifically its teacher. She is beyond rude to parents and students and spends more time moving the kids around the classroom so that they won't talk then actually "teaching." The principal does nothing about many issues that are at this school, and parents get frustrated coming to talk to her because she is distant and not receptive to parent concerns at all. Parent involvement is great, they really do try to make the school a better place, but there are limits. True rumors have it that the teachers here are paid less than most public school teachers, and the tuition here is very high. Sometimes, I question whether I should continue to send my kids here if this is what I get. While I realize that every family's experience is different, If I were you, I would say try it for a year, and then leave if you feel that it is not the best environment for your kids.

My child attends this school and is in the second grade, she has been there from the first grade. The teachers are amazing, caring, helpful and apply faith during class and are a huge inspiration for the kids. St. Robert School just recently put a fence in front of the school which looks amazing and helps improve safety. Class sizes are manageable, teachers care so much above each individual student and study them closely to better their education, I would recommend this school and church to anyone looking to create a better environment for their child.

This is a great school! I would recommend it to anybody who I could. The staff really cares about the students here and is willing to go that extra mile in order to help them.

This is such a wonderful school! St. Robert has been such a blessing to our family. Our children learn so much here, and I cannot imagine a better learning environment that provides a great education, spiritual growth and a family feel to it. The administration is great, and the teachers truly care about your child . I would highly recommend you send your child to this school!

I have had two children attend St Robert. One graduated from SRS, went on to CB and graduated with honors, and is now attending a prominent university...the other is still at SRS and will be attending CB soon. Both of my kids worked so hard at SRS, did all their homework, followed school rules, were respectful of their teachers, and were very involved in their school community. Both kids were honor roll students, who never once needed to be disciplined for disresepct or bad behavior! And guess what, they are both successful students who are prepared for the next level of their education because of the AMAZING teachers there. To those considering SRS for their kids, please remember when you read any negative comments below that they are the minority opinion and are coming from parents that were not involved, and who had kids with failing grades, discipline issues, or sports ineligibilities. It is always easier for one disgruntled parent/student to blame the school or teacher for a childs issues, than owning up to their own responsibility for lack of success. SRS is what you put into it...if your kids work hard, do their work, and are respectful...they will be successful.

I realize this site seeks the parent rating of the school but the greater impact made on me by reading the reviews was that of the actual students who attended the school. I have concluded it is not the best learning environment for my child. I don't discourage others from considering the school because each student and each teacher is unique. My child's teacher from last year was great. This year's experience was not close. Obviously, some parents are happy with the environment. I can't help but wonder how involved they are because while I enjoyed meeting many of the students and parents, I was not happy with the school administration. If we do not communicate our sincere concerns about this school - others will not know what to expect.

I have been a parent at St Robert School FOREVER. My family has generations of children who have gone to this school so I have seen many graduates come and go. This school is established; its core Catholic values are strong and its sense of community is incomparable. You can walk onto campus and just see how many parents linger to "shoot the breeze" before and after school. Its curriculum has continued to progress with the ever-changing needs of the world and the teachers have an average of NO LESS than 10 years of service to this school and many have their Masters. The staff is extremely proactive with the families but like any large family, cannot help but have issues with some of its members; however, as the youth are fond of saying, "it's all good..." And trust me, no other school will value the education of your child and try it's best to see that he or she gets the best of what the school is capable of giving, both in education and personal support. The Principal has become a living testament to loyalty and strong belief in the mission and philosophy of the school and I guarantee you will see this for yourself should you choose St. Robert for your child.

I have two kids enrolled at St. Roberts and the experience has been so positive. My son struggled and was losing confidence in public school, he was being left behind.. He was starting to feel like he was not smart. He is smart, he was just losing his confidence in himself. Here at St. Roberts he has just thrived. He has found his confidence and is so motivated to do well. They have great programs that helped him find his potential. Also, both kids love going there. It is a big family. Not only between the kids but also with the families. Changing to St. Roberts was one of the best decisions we have made as parents.

Just recently enrolled son after leaving another catholic school that we felt did not treat my son fairly. St. Roberts welcomed him with open arms, he was only there a week and what a difference it made. The kids were so accepting of him, the staff was wonderful and so accommodating to us. The Principal from the moment he spoke was so caring and calming to me through this hard transition. The new teacher called me and let me know how my son was adjusting, saying nothing but positive things about him. I am sad to say he has to leave for circumstances which are out of our control, but with that being said, they tried to help us stay in. If you choose this school for your children you will never regret it. Only regret leaving as we are absolutely heart broken.

Last modified St. Robert Catholic School is a Private school that serves grades K-8