PK-8|Private
School principal icon 130x130 140902

School Official Point of View

Brookfield school has enjoyed a long standing reputation as the finest academic program in the region. It is a rigorous, accelerated program, that is not suitable for all students and all learning styles. However, we have a clear mission, that is to serve a population of students who are sadly underserved by a educational culture of low expectations. Brookfield School provides a culture where it is "cool to be smart," and students are encouraged to excell and take on leadership roles. They are expected to treat each other and the adults around them with respect and kindness. Parents are expected to monitor homework and study, and to support their child's teachers. This partnership results in happy, high acheiving kids who love school, and love to learn. That's why Brookfield graduates are highly sought after by the most prestigious and selective high schools. Check our website: www.brookfieldschool.org to view our students' outstanding annual SAT 10 scores and to learn more about our school's academic program, admissions process, and school culture.
November 20, 2012

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (4 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)

Handles bullying effectively: Strongly agree

Bullying is not tolerated at all. I have never heard about a single bullying incident and we are in our 3rd year with multiple children here. Anything close was dealt with quickly and firmly.

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

The teachers we have had are effective in teaching academics, organization and appropriate behavior and problem solving.

Amount of homework: Strongly agree

Brookfield is an accelerated school and this is reflected in the homework. It requires more time and effort than our previous schools but the kids are absorbing the material. It takes some organization for the kids to stay on top of but that is exactly what we want them to learn right now. We let them handle it and when they aren't prepared their teachers follow through with consequences. It was rough at first but they are handling it nicely now.

Brookfield is amazing from the Principal to the teachers to the kids. The academic challenge is top notch, physical education is phenominal and the peer group can not be beat. The teachers love their kids too. Fabulous all around.

Overall excellent school. Definitely worth the tuition. Great teachers, strong principal, and a really lovely new campus. My child is in love with school.

Brookfield is the best place we can imagine for our child. Many choose Brookfield for the exceptional academic program, but what we appreciate above all is the high level of teacher involvement. Since Kindergarten, our child has felt nurtured and valued by the teachers. Each classroom averages only 12-16 students, so the children receive all the guidance they need academically, personally, and socially. The teachers are very caring and extremely dedicated. Every grade level teacher we've had has created a very positive and memorable experience for our child. The staff and students create a community that is safe and supportive and builds social confidence. Communication between teachers and parents is very reassuring. Some teachers provide daily emails about classroom happenings; some, like the Kindergarten teacher, take the time to send regular photo albums so parents can see what their child is enjoying. These teachers love to teach, and it shows. Brookfield has brought out the best in my child. I thank Brookfield's teachers for helping me raise a kind, confident, creative and happy child. Brookfield is a wonderful place to learn and grow.

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

I have never met a better set of teachers, and I have a few friends that teach (not at Brookfield) I wish I could go back to Elementary School to have these teachers and this educational experience.

Amount of homework: Agree

In first grade, now, my daughter does her homework in the car on the way home 20 minutes. You get a book report a month - but that is great, it really gets you and your child talking about the book that they and you read - it helps them retain, and understand what they are reading.

Develops character: Strongly agree

Brookfield has strong values, and talks about honesty, promotes honesty and recognizes it. They emphasize on sharing and working together.

Our family and daughter are so very happy with Brookfield. You will not find better Teachers. They are experienced, happy, love teaching, well rounded and so GREAT at teaching the children - the kids LOVE their Teachers. I pinch myself very day for being so lucky that our daughter has such a great teacher and her past teacher was just as great. This school has the best class size,small, so the teachers get to teach and be personable with each child, so that they can learn, understand and feel accomplished. This school offers much more than academics - yes, the academics are challenging, but isn't that what we are asking for from out public schools? Our daughter gets music, she get French and performs in musicals, christmas events, celebrations etc. It is not just academics everyday. They offer activities before and after school - as an example Ballroom Dance, Swimming, Basket Ball etc. If you want an athlete you will enroll your child in a Athletic Program, but if you want a well rounded education, and prepared child you should look at and enroll in Brookfield. I would also like to mention that I can't say enough about the families that all support the school - they are amazing, kind, educated, friendly, and support the school and the events. Brookfield has a great PTA. I don't believe you can find a better place than this.

Last modified Brookfield School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8