No rating

Calvary Christian School

Private | PK-12

Living in Sacramento

Situated in an inner city neighborhood. The median home value is $71,000. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $820.

Sweep tile

Posted March 27, 2012

This is one of the best schools I have ever had the chance to send my daughter to. She has graduated and obtained a great job with the State. I would recommend this school to anyone who wants the best spiritual and secular education.

Posted March 17, 2012

I have been so blessed by calvary.Teachers are great. Great curiculm.best private school in sacramento .

Posted March 16, 2012

Calvary Christian School offers a great education to my two children, and their new campus at 4911 47th avenue is awesome!!! I am also a former student of CCS and because of that I am now a christian and a success in life.

Posted March 16, 2012

This is an awesome school, which has helped me grow spiritually and academically and in so many other ways. Not only do the teacher care about what you say they take interest in your whole life and are praying for you and your families. Yes, this school has had some downsizing, but we moved into a new beautiful location in the church. I have learned a lot from being there over the years, and I can personally say it is better than any public school both academically and student wise , as of we don t allow so many things which other schools would let into the environment. It is a safe environment from preschool to 12th grade!!!

Posted March 16, 2012

Calvary Christian School has provided a wonderful learning environment in a Christian setting for our children. With challenging curriculum from Abeka publishing, and computer technology integrated into the daily learning experience our children are thriving academically and spiritually. The teachers are well qualified and the new campus is very impressive. The extensive new playground provides a clean, safe, and very enjoyable place for my children to learn and develop. My two children love to go to school each day and they could not wait for school to start after the summer break. Five stars for Calvary Christina School!

Posted March 16, 2012

This school is the great:) wouldnt pick another school. Looking for a great preschool this is it no other teachers like them:)

Posted September 18, 2011

I'm glad there's still a school based on Godly principles that provides a Godly environment for children to learn. My daughter was there from pre-school to 4th grade and she absolutely enjoyed it. We had to move and now she's in a public school rated a 9, but she's bothered with the inconsistencies of the teachers and the foul language of the students.

Posted September 30, 2009

I'm disappointed to say that this school completely let my children down. We ended up taking them out after several years in attendance. The teaching quality of the school has deteriorated to a level worse than the dilapidated appearance of the school. They combined classes so that 5th through 12th grades are combined and use computer-based instruction to teach students instead of teachers. Both of our kids had to go back a year at their new schools because they simply were so far behind with what should have been taught during their time at CCS.

Posted June 16, 2009

I've found Calvary Christian School to be outstanding throughout the years. I have two children who completed the entire K through twelfth grade program and now have a grandchild in the kindergarten program. The Abeka curriculum is superb and had my grandchild reading at age 4. I know the school has had some struggles through the years, but I wouldn't have my grandchildren anywhere else.

Posted November 21, 2008

All of the reviews so far of this school have a basis in fact. It is a good school, however students that should NEVER be allowed in are simply for the check. The staff is dedicated and they are all educated in the curriculum they teach. Administration was lacking at one point, but could be up to par now. As far as indoctrinating children in non-essential religious practices: it is always stated in the interview that CCS teaches the doctrine of the United Pentecostal Church. If a parent doesn't agree to this (and the doctrines are stated) then the child isn't allowed to attend. If you don't like these non-essential practices, then why did you send your child?

Posted January 17, 2007

I am not happy with the school overall. Parental involvement is not encouraged from my experiences with this school. When concerns are brought up with teachers you feel as if you are an intruder. In addition, I placed my child here so that she could get more attention than she would receive in a public school and it is the same even though class sizes are significantly smaller (13 students). The teachers don't care to help if your child happens to be struggling. If the child passes or fails, excels or drops out they wouldn't care as long as you keep writing the check and it clears.

Posted November 7, 2006

I feel that this is a great school. I have attended CCS & CCPS for 14 years and the learning experience there has shaped my life.
—Submitted by a student

Posted October 21, 2006

My son attended this school for six months and I found the preschool teachers were not organized and administration needs to recruit efficient staff who are qualified and caring of children at such a tender age.

Posted December 19, 2005

I felt this school has dedicated teachers, however the teaching staff lacks education and credentials. I also felt that they were trying to indoctorinate my child with their 'non essential' religious practices.

Posted September 21, 2005

My two children have been in CCS beginning in preschool. Both have excelled in all subjects. My 4th grade daughter is in her 2nd year violet class. Parents are encouraged to be apart of all levels of there childs education.

Ethnicity This school
American Indian/Alaska Native 0%
Hawaiian Native/Pacific Islander 0%
Two or more races 0%
Source: NCES, 2009-2010

Science, Technology, Engineering, & Math (STEM)

• Computer lab

• Coed
Affiliation
  • Pentecostal
Associations
  • ACTS

Specific academic themes or areas of focus

• Religious