Sacramento, CA
Before care: Yes

Posted March 16, 2011
Shalom School is like a family. Everyone knows my children and we all look out for each other. The academics are taught in an interesting, engaging, creative way. The homework is meaningful, not busy work. The Jewish education is shaping my children's identity, giving my children a solid sense of self and a strong moral compass. My children are leaning compassion and the importantce of mitzvot (good deeds). My children love school and feel a sense of belonging to a greater community.

Posted March 10, 2011
I am alternately amazed and impressed with the attention that my three children receive. My oldest (10) needs to feel comfortable, with a gentle hand. She receives that and thrives! My middle (8) is full of energy and doesn't do well when he is chained to a seat; so the teacher moved him to the back of the room (so he does not disturb others) and allows him to work standing. My youngest (5) is cutesie and needs to be told that she doesn't run the place; so the teachers provided firm but appropriate discipline and direction. All of my children have been at Shalom since the beginning and I am VERY happy with the eduction and community that the school provides. I would recommend this school to everyone.

Posted March 07, 2011
I started working at Shalom School as a parent of a preschooler (20 years ago). I am proud to say that most of my son's teachers are still here. Considering our staff has dedicated over 300 years collectively, an amazing amount of knowledge has passed through our doors! Compare our programming next to any "rapid learner program" or private school in Sacramento and it not only compares favorably--it exceeds other programs. 100% of our graduates entered accelerated programs.

Posted March 05, 2011
Shalom School provides a nurturing environment that gives students self confidence and provides a love of learning. The sense of community is amazing!

Posted March 05, 2011
Our children graduated at Shalom School and have gone on to great colleges and now one is in medical school. WHat I loved most about the school was their emphasis on making children feel good about themselves and in a nurturing environment. In addition it gave them a very strong foundation in which they could build upon it as they further developed.

Posted February 16, 2011
I am thrilled to have my grandchild attend this wonderful school/family. From the first day that he attended at 5 months, I felt that he was in the right place. The staff are skilled professional educators who understand how young children grow and develop. As a family we couldn't be happier with the teachers, the facility and the administrative staff.

Shalom School 1

Posted April 21, 2009

Shalom School 0

Posted September 22, 2008
I have 1 kid in shalom and 1 graduate and they are so incredibly well educated in a wholesome and loving environment. We have been there since my older daugher was 2.5.

Shalom School 4

Posted February 16, 2008
My daughter attended this school. Shalom is a far step above being just a school, its a community where the children and the teachers share a special bond. The children carry themselves as partners in their educations not as if its someone elses job and they behave more like a big family than school mates with teasing and crudeness. I highly recommend this school for its high standards in education and for its living example of community and social action.

Shalom School 4