Merryhill School 2

Posted December 06, 2013
Please think twice before enrolling your children into this school. The administrative staff, lack leadership and problem solving skills. Moreover, you are better off at a public school that has a 24:1 ratio. Remember, parental involvement is critical for success. Make sure you do the research on the employees before making a decision. The Nobel Learning Community (parent company) back ground check process is flawed. They clearly do not run annual back ground checks on their employees either. My son, has learned a lot, though it s not as extensive as his neighbor who attends public school down the street. The public school student is further ahead academically. USE Caution

Merryhill School 1

Posted August 10, 2013
Words can't describe how pathetic this school is. Parents please think twice before enrolling your child to this school. This school brags about being cultural sensitive, peanut free environment and how well they care about your child is all a show. They promoted that their summer camp program is enrich with activities and learning curriculum. I would definitely say it is enrich alright. It is enrich in a way where your child does is watch movies, and run wild in the classroom. Teachers are not train at all and when ask questions, their response is they don't know. Most important thing for parents who are vegetarian, have a child who is allergy to something or are vegan....this school does not care and definitely will not pay attention to what your child eat.

Posted June 05, 2013
This is a wonderful school. They teach the whole child and guinely love children. The principle and teachers are outstanding.

Posted November 05, 2011
I have nothing but praise for Merryhill School Calvine. This school not only has a challenging curriculum (that includes technology, art, language, & sports), but the children are also taught the value of kindness, respect, & responsibility. These values are also modeled by the new principal, Mr. Wayne, the incredible teachers, & staff. My daughter is in the 1st grade (she also attended kindergarten at Merrhill), & she has thrived. I don't know what this school was like prior to Mr. Wayne taking over, but it is without reservation that I recommend this school to any parent seeking a challenging, well-rounded curriculum that will help your child meet their potential in a supportive, respectful environment.

Merryhill School 1

Posted November 04, 2011
I liked the principal and most parents will say the same. However, if you are thinking about putting your child in the kinder program, I would encourage you to think long and hard about the teacher's length of experience. The class size is no different than public kinder in EGSD. The teaching standards are also no different. Before I enrolled my child at this school, I would not have touched a public school with a ten foot pole. My thoughts have completely changed. If you want your child to memorize without learning the concepts, this is the place. Folks, my entire family went to public schools, 5 out of 8 of them went on to become doctors. Private schools do one thing, that is make parents feel they are doing something great for their child. Besides, a majority of of these students end up the PUBLIC high schools, unless you choose the catholic high schools.

Merryhill School 4

Posted November 02, 2011
If you believe in accountability in education, you'll be pleased with the Merryhill system. While our public schools tout they are accountable, there are too many stories that prove otherwise. Do you want teachers that are held to high standards? Do you want a curriculum that goes beyond the grade that your child is in? Do you want a Principal that is willing to meet your expectations for what a private school should be? Do you want a safe and enjoyable place for your child to be, even from 6:00 am to 6:00 pm, if necessary? You really need to investigate the Merryhill School system. Mr. Benjamin Wayne has been the Principal at Calvine for over two years, and he has met and exceeded all of our family's expectations, and he continues to challenge himself and his faculty to meet or exceed Merryhill standards. You will not be sorry.

Posted October 31, 2011
I have my kids in Kinder and Second Grade and they absolutely love it. The new principal is fanstastic! His passion and efforts have clearly made Merryhill, one of the best schools in Elk Grove.

Posted October 13, 2011
My daughter began at this school Fall 2009, when a new Principal took the reins. For the past two years, she has been challenged, has learned amazing things, grown in immeasurable ways, and has found her voice in choir and painting club, after being a pretty shy toddler. We have enjoyed every minute of the experience, and can t wait to share the environment with her little sister next Fall as she begins the adventures of Kindergarten. The teachers truly care about the kids, and the Principal (no longer the woman mentioned in early posts!) approaches his role with integrity, creativity and care. He greets every student and parent in the Lobby by name, and goes out of his way to enhance their experience. The school s use of technology is ahead of the curve, and my 2nd grader uses it today in ways that I didn t experience until College. This campus is truly a community, with effective and engaged leadership.

Posted October 13, 2011
I am the parent of a second grade boy who started at this school last year in first grade. My husband and I did not take lightly the tuition cost but have been extremely happy with the high level of education our son has been receiving at this school. My son has been challenged and has achieved impressive academic requirements for being only 7 but he doesn't even realize it because he loves his teachers and his classmates. The school is very warm and gives the kids the feeling of security that assists in allowing each to thrive in their own way. In addition to the core subjects, there is also physical education, art and music. Many of these are being cut in public schools. We feel the value of this school is high and the education is excellent.

Merryhill School 4

Posted January 12, 2011
I have a child in second grade this year and my family I absolutely LOVE her teacher. Her teacher works with her one on one during study hall, sends class updates and photos through email, and challenges her. Even though my daughter is shy, she has a desire to be an ASB ( Student Council) representative. I can't believe how much my daughter as grown as a leader and a confident young lady. I thank her teacher and the Merryhill staff for that.

Merryhill School
9036 Calvine Road, Sacramento, CA  95829
Last modified Merryhill School is a Private school that serves grades K-6
Merryhill School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 30 reviews.