No rating

Merryhill School

Private | K-3

Living in Sacramento

Situated in an urban neighborhood. The median home value is $217,500. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $1,010.

Posted April 17, 2012

We love this Merryhill school. We were at the preschool for four years and have been at the elementary school for four years. We have had an excellent experience at both schools. I'd had experiences at two other preschools that were good but Pocket Merryhill is great! Loving and caring teachers and staff.

Posted November 14, 2011

I love this Merryhill! My son attended Kindergarten in the public system. It was horrific for him and for us. Mean, cold teachers, pitiful academics--and this was a 10 on the California Distinguished School list. . Merryhill was a breath of fresh air! The academics are tailored to your child's needs. The teachers are firm, but loving. The school is extremely loving and supportive to the children. Emails are responded to promptly. I loved study hall! I am hoping to move and am so so sad there is not a Merryhill where I am going! Great kids, great families. It is worth every penny. I feel so grateful my son and now my daughter were able to attend this school!!! A+ !!!

Posted March 30, 2011

Hi, I graduated from this Merryhill a couple of years ago, and I have just finished applying to colleges. So far I have been admitted at UCLA, UCB, USC, Gonzaga, UCSB, and USD, and I must say I am only where I am because of Merryhill and its great teachers. I just wanted to say thank you to the school for helping me get to where I am today. By the way, the principals at both the elementary and the preschool were both great, and they have been there for so many years, and they have both done such a great job. Overall, I would say this was an awesome school for me to attend, and just recently my little brother is just starting to attend Jesuit, so I am not the only one with this great experience. Thank you Merryhill!

Posted September 3, 2010

I also must disagree with the negative comment re: the preschool principal and the assistant. There has always been communication concerning what is happening at the school (emailed newsletters, postings of the week's happenings) and all you have to do is ask and they are generally forthcoming with information unless it is about teachers leaving due to "disciplinary circumstances" which I approve of their discreetness. The teachers are very attentive to the children and if you are an active parent participant with the school, teachers and class (& not just a drop & go parent), you will not find a better place for your child to learn and be cared for. We now have our 2nd child there so we have had several years of experience with them and given the difficulties of different childrens' temperament (as well as their parent's), ages and liability, they consistently do a great job.

Posted February 18, 2010

My child hasnt improved his academic. He was neglected in class. He needs help with reading but his teacher said she didnt have time. That's ridiculous. I would not recommend any child go to Merryhill pocket school but Merryhill middle school is very good!!!

Posted May 21, 2009

My child've been in this school since pre-school. Now he is in 4th grade and I was shocked to find out that their curriculum are way behind comparing to public schools. Most of the teachers don't have university degree, only credentials from neighborhood colleges. Good thing is they offer extensive before/after school as well as winter/spring break care. If you are the kind of parents that don't care for academics, this is the one you should pick - a Day-Care School.

Posted March 17, 2009

I have to disagree with the previous comment. I have always had great interactions with the Principal and she has always been very attentive to all of my needs. She is always available. The teachers are also great and my child loves coming to school. She is very ready for kindergarten because Merryhill has a great curriculum.

Posted February 4, 2009

I absolutely agree with the assesment of the teacher who said the principal is horrible at the preschool! And yes, and so is her assistant. It's very sad. Perhaps the elementary school is better, but I highly suggest avoiding anything below kindergarten at this school.

Posted January 22, 2008

Teachers are great and the school has a great academic program. The only problem I have had with this school is the principal and her lack of informing the parents of dissmissed and newly hired teachers. All of a sudden one teacher is gone and a new person is watching your child. No Notices...

Posted December 17, 2007

We pay for our grandchild to attend. The uniform requirement is just the beginning of a solid sense of values, about education, self discipline and creativity being the background of a successful life. The class size is almost half of public school so that each teacher knows her student and any problems are addressed immediately, as well as successes! Great campus, great principal. Hopefully the company who owns Merryhill will take care of their great teachers!

Posted December 16, 2007

My daughter has been to Merryhill since she was 5. I love the schools and the education she is receiving is out of this world. I am satisfied with the staff and the extra care that they take care of the kids. It is a big happy family. My daughter is 7 and can do sign language and speak spanish. I am grateful that my daughter can attend Merryhill!

Posted December 14, 2007

The kindergarten teachers are the best you will ever find. The summer camp was great. I think it is hit and miss depending on what teacher you get.

Posted September 8, 2007

The principal is horrible and so is her assistant! So many things have happened to my child at the daycare thru pre-k level I am pulling her out. We pay too much money for them to 'not know what happened' to her during the day. Its ridiculous I would not recommend this school to anyone and hope that the few good teachers there find a place that will be better for them as well.

Posted August 26, 2007

My little girl is in 2nd grade this year and is in her third year at Merryhill. She and our family love it. It is like a small community where all the teachers know every child by name. A very loving, nuturing and of course, academically driven school. The teachers are highly qualified and the princial and VP are completely devoted to the children. I always have peace of mind when I leave her at school, knowing that she is happy and safe at Merryhill.

Posted December 5, 2005

My child transferred from a Montessori school. The academics at the Montessori school were more challenging.

Posted November 23, 2004

I have had children who have attended many schools with National Awards, DOD Schools and none compare to this school you wont find better anywhere else..Spend a few days there and you will find this to be true for many of you....You get what you pay for as in everything in life it is what you put in to it and what is available to you.

Science, Technology, Engineering, & Math (STEM)

• Computer lab