Posted April 17, 2012
We love this Merryhill school. We were at the preschool for four years and have been at the elementary school for four years. We have had an excellent experience at both schools. I'd had experiences at two other preschools that were good but Pocket Merryhill is great! Loving and caring teachers and staff.

Posted November 14, 2011
I love this Merryhill! My son attended Kindergarten in the public system. It was horrific for him and for us. Mean, cold teachers, pitiful academics--and this was a 10 on the California Distinguished School list. . Merryhill was a breath of fresh air! The academics are tailored to your child's needs. The teachers are firm, but loving. The school is extremely loving and supportive to the children. Emails are responded to promptly. I loved study hall! I am hoping to move and am so so sad there is not a Merryhill where I am going! Great kids, great families. It is worth every penny. I feel so grateful my son and now my daughter were able to attend this school!!! A+ !!!

Posted March 30, 2011
Hi, I graduated from this Merryhill a couple of years ago, and I have just finished applying to colleges. So far I have been admitted at UCLA, UCB, USC, Gonzaga, UCSB, and USD, and I must say I am only where I am because of Merryhill and its great teachers. I just wanted to say thank you to the school for helping me get to where I am today. By the way, the principals at both the elementary and the preschool were both great, and they have been there for so many years, and they have both done such a great job. Overall, I would say this was an awesome school for me to attend, and just recently my little brother is just starting to attend Jesuit, so I am not the only one with this great experience. Thank you Merryhill!

Merryhill School 4

Posted September 03, 2010
I also must disagree with the negative comment re: the preschool principal and the assistant. There has always been communication concerning what is happening at the school (emailed newsletters, postings of the week's happenings) and all you have to do is ask and they are generally forthcoming with information unless it is about teachers leaving due to "disciplinary circumstances" which I approve of their discreetness. The teachers are very attentive to the children and if you are an active parent participant with the school, teachers and class (& not just a drop & go parent), you will not find a better place for your child to learn and be cared for. We now have our 2nd child there so we have had several years of experience with them and given the difficulties of different childrens' temperament (as well as their parent's), ages and liability, they consistently do a great job.

Posted February 18, 2010
My child hasnt improved his academic. He was neglected in class. He needs help with reading but his teacher said she didnt have time. That's ridiculous. I would not recommend any child go to Merryhill pocket school but Merryhill middle school is very good!!!

Posted May 21, 2009
My child've been in this school since pre-school. Now he is in 4th grade and I was shocked to find out that their curriculum are way behind comparing to public schools. Most of the teachers don't have university degree, only credentials from neighborhood colleges. Good thing is they offer extensive before/after school as well as winter/spring break care. If you are the kind of parents that don't care for academics, this is the one you should pick - a Day-Care School.

Merryhill School 0

Posted March 17, 2009
I have to disagree with the previous comment. I have always had great interactions with the Principal and she has always been very attentive to all of my needs. She is always available. The teachers are also great and my child loves coming to school. She is very ready for kindergarten because Merryhill has a great curriculum.

Posted February 04, 2009
I absolutely agree with the assesment of the teacher who said the principal is horrible at the preschool! And yes, and so is her assistant. It's very sad. Perhaps the elementary school is better, but I highly suggest avoiding anything below kindergarten at this school.

Merryhill School 3

Posted January 22, 2008
Teachers are great and the school has a great academic program. The only problem I have had with this school is the principal and her lack of informing the parents of dissmissed and newly hired teachers. All of a sudden one teacher is gone and a new person is watching your child. No Notices...

Merryhill School 4

Posted December 17, 2007
We pay for our grandchild to attend. The uniform requirement is just the beginning of a solid sense of values, about education, self discipline and creativity being the background of a successful life. The class size is almost half of public school so that each teacher knows her student and any problems are addressed immediately, as well as successes! Great campus, great principal. Hopefully the company who owns Merryhill will take care of their great teachers!

Merryhill School