Sacramento, CA

Merryhill School 2

Posted March 25, 2014
Merryhill Millcreek advertises individual attention. This is absolutely true for the advanced students. The A, B students are left to hang in the wind. The principle is nice but gives lip service to any issues with teachers. high turnover in staff and students. Some teachers I had were substanderd and had never taught before ore have the credential for teaching. This school is not for any child that needs a bit of extra help. All the work in the hallways are done with the help of parents. I would tour every private school before committing to Merryhill.

Posted June 29, 2013
My son just finished kindergarten at Merryhill Millcreek, and we are really happy with his experience there, and our experience as parents. We had regular, proactive, and consistent communication from his teacher. The principal at the school now is phenomenal. She's warm, caring, passionate about her work, and exactly the kind of person I want driving my son's educational experience. My son is thriving - he's learned a tremendous amount and he's passionate about trying all of the new things the school offers. Between Mandarin class (extracurricular), piano lessons (extracurricular), spanish, music, art, PE, computers, plenty of time to be active, and a strong academic program - he's never bored and I love the emphasis on global and cultural learning, as well as the drive to STEM education. I guess I just have a lot of good things to say. Even though my son had a tough transition from pre-school to kindergarten, which was hard on all of us at times, he's doing so well now. The school is worth every penny we spend to send him there.

Merryhill School 4

Posted June 03, 2011
My son is so very happy at Millcreek. The staff is wonderful and very accommodating. We could not be happier with our choice. My son also love the healthy lunches served(Goodfellasforkids)!!! We order lunch every day!!

Posted April 22, 2011
Merryhill is an excellent school. My daughter has attended this school for 3 years and is performing well above grade level. The class sizes are small and the teachers work with kids on an individual basis. Spanish, Art, Music and Computer lab are included. Piano lessons, flag football, soccer, cheerleading, basketball, kickball, study hall and other activities are offered in the after school program.

Posted March 18, 2011
This school has been wonderful. They keep class size small. They try to make sure that kids who have significant disciplinary problems that cannot be resolved do not detract from the other children's ability to learn and grow. The teachers, principal, and vice principal are wonderful. The teachers go out of their way to make things fun for the kids but always keep learning at the forefront.

Posted February 02, 2011
I came across with Merryhill when I was desperately looking for a kindergarten class for my son last year. The public school that my son went to didn't do well with him and the principal and teacher added to the discomfort and stress to our family. The principal and the teachers are very well organized and structured. After a few weeks of being enrolled, my son became a "social butterfly" , as what his teacher called him, and very has progressed academically. I also like the before and after school program, they have a lot of fun activities to do and they are very well looked after. I'm so happy I've found this school. My son's self confidence has improved and has been doing well with his academics.

Merryhill School 1

Posted August 05, 2010
When I received the tour and enrolled my son in the Kindergarten Kickoff program following our recent move to town, I was promised individual attention to each child and teaching based on the child's learning style. My son, who can read and do simple math at age 5, had always loved going to school and was always eager to get up in the morning, but as I noticed more resistance from him, I began to worry. Teachers are inattentive, have little control over their students, and my son, tall for his age, would get blamed when other students tried to push him and bounced off instead. I was also told (by the principal who had never met him) that, while way ahead of the curve cognitively, his handwriting required too much "individual" attention, which they were unwilling to give. Needless to say, my business will go elsewhere.

Merryhill School 4

Posted May 11, 2010
Our child has attended Merryhill for over a year now. We had pretty low expectations given that 'it's just Pre-K' or Jr Kindergarten as the principal calls it. We were pleasantly surprised and our daughter is now enrolled in Kindergarten. Merryhill made a believer out of us. She actually begs to stay five more minutes at the end of the day. The principal, staff and teachers are very involved.

Posted July 27, 2009
Our son has been attending Merryhill for the past 4 years, since pre-K. He loves coming to school each day and attending summer camp at MH (the fact that they have a pool on campus helps). The quality of the faculty is top notch and the principal is very involved in the day to day operations and it shows. Even though it s a sacrifice financially, our son s education is more than worth it. The academics are far above other public schools in the Natomas district including the Charter schools. We interact with a lot of children from our neighborhood who attend public school and the curriculum at MH is at least one grade level higher. Other Natomas schools just aren't as academically rigorous. Even though our son tested as eligible for GATE we choose to keep him at Merryhilll.

Posted June 13, 2009
My child attended Merryhill from K-3rd Grade. I have daily comfort leaving my child at Merryhill knowing she is safe and knowing she loves school. My child hated to miss a day of school while attending Merryhill. The school has outstanding leadership that starts with the Principal and continues via the teaches and the students. The students not only excel academically but also excell at real life skills (e.g. learn how to be self reliant, learn how to work as a team, learn leadership skills, learn how to resolve conflict, learn how to accept success and failure with grace, learn how to respect others, learn self respect, learn how to prioritize homework and projects through daily planners, etc.). My child also passed the GATE test and has scored consistently in the 95th percentile on standardized tests. Sincerely, a Proud Parent!

Merryhill School