Public charter
Salinas, CA

Posted March 08, 2015
My daughter loves coming to school everyday. Juanita is a wonderful Principal who is always thinking of the child first. Even if former teachers criticize her because she is very hard headed when it comes to the kids well being and learning. She wants every kids to be successful and grow up to be whatever they set their dreams to. Right now they go up to sixth grade, and they have a very motivated hard working group of teachers. They have computers, P.E., Spanish and Music twice a week. There's a full time counselor, a speech therapist, small math groups, small reading groups, after and before school help with math and reading, they have AVID beginning in Kindergarten to Sixth grade and finally they also have GATE. My daughter loves going to school everyday, kids are nice to each other and if not they resolve it fast. Bullying is not permitted and every teacher knows all 245 kids at school by name.

Posted December 26, 2014
I am a former teacher. The school has a plethora of problems, most of which stem from the horrendous administration. Juanita Perea is a toxic dictator who does not have your childs best interest in mind. Be wary of this school.

Posted February 27, 2014
The director has her own agenda and stabbed all of the middle school parents in the back. She doesn't have the students' best interests in mind.

Posted January 26, 2014
Not impressed with administration. Lack of leadership, and high staff turnover. Middle school staff is outstanding.

Posted January 26, 2014
I am a student who goes to oasis. I have been going here for 3 years now. I have noticed a huge turnover in the staff within that time. Right now the administration is trying to shut down the middle school. They want to put in a S.T.E.M. Lab which stands for Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math lab because of the bad test scores. But it is not the middle school students who have the bad test scores it's the 4th and 5th graders. The bad test scores have been happening now for 3 years now. But they didn't inform us until now. They also didn't inform us about shutting down the middle school until now. But my question is why did they not tell us until now, why didn't the principle do anything about the bad test scores, and why do we the middle school have to suffer for what the 4th and 5th graders did. The middle school teachers are outstanding. But some of the staff members frown upon the middle school. I feel like there is a lack of leader ship.

Oasis Charter Public School 3

Posted November 07, 2013
My daughter is so happy at this school. They have a wonderful Principal and staff that work together always putting first the learning and happiness of their students. They math and reading supporting groups, special education support, language and psychological therapist. They have drama, computers, Spanish, music-my daughter is actually learning to play an ukelele and to speak Spanish. So wonderful. They have drama, they have enrichment classes on Wednesdays, like folklorico and Irish dancing, they have Foods from the Americas, etc. Parents are required to volunteer a number of hours per year, so you always have parents helping in the classrooms and at school events. They have afternoon family meetings for grades several times every so often, parenting classes, they have box land at the end of the year, where kids plan their own businesses, ohh my is such a great school, my daughter is so happy to go to this school.

Posted September 15, 2013
This school is great! If you are an active parent and care about your children's education without a hefty price tag monthly I suggest this school. They are doing an excellent job teaching the kids. Your child will be so content and eager to learn. It's not a traditional school or private it's a CHARTER. They have a great academic program that doesn't burn out your children. The week curriculum schedule is awesome (see for yourself on the school website). I love how they also in cooperate live smarts with everyday living. The kids that attend the school are all excellent citizens and demonstrate great leadership roles that are going to be important in the years to come. One last note, being we live in Salinas the school knows and sees the importance of teaching the kids Spanish. I highly recommend this school. Families are united!

Posted April 04, 2012
I really hate to write this review on Oasis. When my daughter was in this school for 3-5 grade. I really loved this school and my daughter did too. In the end of 5 grade we moved away to the San Francisco Bay area and I put my daughter in public school. I was so surprised how behind my daughter was in her studies. She was so behind that I had to hire a tutor for her in order for just to catch up in the 5th gade level. I'm writing this to warn any parent putting there child into Oasis. The school has a lot of charm and its very personal which I liked, but on the down side the academics are not up to par by any means. My daughter had a hard time once she left Oasis, don't make the same mistake.

Oasis Charter Public School 3

Posted October 25, 2010
as a founding member of the school I know I am not impartial, but I think that the school's community is outstanding. The growth of the past two year's is having an effect of the intimate feel of the school, but as these new students and families are assimilated into our school it will be better than ever.

Posted October 21, 2010
Kids learn in a variety of different ways an Oasis allows students to explore their creative artistic learning modalities which is rare in elementary schools these days. ROCK ON OASIS!!!!

Oasis Charter Public School
1135 Westridge Parkway, Salinas, CA  93907
Last modified Oasis Charter Public School is a Charter school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Oasis Charter Public School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 29 reviews. Top