Bad
Good

Worse high school ever! The administration is extremely incompetent. The school has excellent teachers but the admin is much less desirable. The new principal is non responsive to parents and students. She is never available and when she is, half the time she's very rude. The administration isn't even aware of Ed Code to the point where parents have to explain their rights to school admin.

NSHS is a great high school. I am a 2009 grad and could not be happier with the education I gained at North High. I took many of the GATE, Honors and AP courses, and was fully prepared for college. I now attend a highly rated academic university and I completely feel that NSHS over prepared me if anything for college. I was never scared or afraid of gang violence, and the majority of teachers really do care about their students. North High does it right!

As a part of the Class of 2006, i loved this school. I was very active in the school and had no problems. There were some gang people, but hey its salinas gangs are at every school. The gangsters did not bother anyone.

I am a Leadership student, and have been since my Freshman Year (c/o 2010), and I enjoy being at the School, because I have more fun there than at home! I am, and will be an active person when it comes to the School. Once I Graduate I do plan on go to their games and being a Spectator

Decent school with decent programs. Following classes are highly recommended. Bio 3,4 AP Gov AP Physics AP Calculus Great instructors.

Don't believe a word the other comments said. I'm currently a sophmore at this school. You do see people dressing in the 'gansta' style, so to speak, but no one does anything gang realated. Plus, there are awesome teachers and awesome classes there like Physics (really fun class, might I add) drama, and hard classes for those who like to challenge themselves. And I've never felt bored at that school once! Unlike most schools, this school doesn't suffer from cliques, and you can find a great group of friends that are loads of fun. The teachers are really nice, and they are really funny, cool, and nice. The othere comments are way to old to be accurate. NSHS is a shadow of what it used to be!

Last modified North Salinas High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.