Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Not enough (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Somewhat effective (1 response)

San Benancio Middle School 2

Posted February 05, 2016
As a parent of a child in the San Benancio Middle School I would like to concur student review of 08/05/2015. It is our opinion that this school tolerates a culture of bullying. Incidents brought to its attention go unaddressed unless a considerable amount of pressure is applied. It has no robust anti-bullying program and the administration seems to care less. Whether it is inability or unwillingness on the part of the administration it is simply inexcusable and unacceptable. The more people we speak with the more we find that have removed their children from this school for either bullying related issues or disappointment with the school’s performance. We are deeply saddened by this because we thought by coming to this district we would be in a place where such issues would be minimal but instead we find ourselves in an environment where it is common practice. In our opinion if one is looking for a middle school in this area one would better served by Buena Vista.

San Benancio Middle School 1

Posted August 05, 2015
This school sucks. I been there for a year and it was the worst. The students are very racist and sexist, the teachers are awful, and the playground area isn't safe at all. Go check out other schools for this one is horrible

Posted September 12, 2013
I would not wish for a better school for my daughter. It is a public school but even better than many private schools in the area. Administration, teachers and students are excellent!!!

Posted September 12, 2013
I attend 8th grade in this school at I am so happy.since I transferred to SBMS last year I have been learning as if I have never learned before. I love my teachers and my friends. They make me feel special. Thank you SBMS!!

Posted March 15, 2013
The teachers are outstanding! All the students show extraordinary behavior! I highly recommend this school to anyone who is searching for a great education for their kids.

San Benancio Middle School 2

Posted November 09, 2011
I have two daughters that have attended the schools in this district starting in kindergarten. My youngest is now in 7th grade and all of a sudden there is a huge issue with dress code. For some reason, the administration and the teachers seem to think that all of the boys that attend school here are perverts. My child has been wearing t-shirts and leggings to school for the past 7 years and now all of a sudden, she is being forced to change into her PE closes or sent home because her attire is too revealing. Funny, she is the most modest child I know and dresses strictly for comfort. The conduct from many of the teachers this year have been less than adequate also. I am not sure if it's a power trip or what but this school is changing and not for the better.

Posted December 17, 2010
this school is amazing! i transferd into 6th grade just last year, at first i was nervous, but after first period i felt so at home with everyone, nobody was rude or mean. the classes there are fantastic, with inspiring teachers, great class mates, i am so sad that i will be leaving next year!! not only are the academics set at a high level that if you put your mind to it you can pass with an A+ the sports there are great. it is so exciting to go to the games, make signs, and cheer on the team with lots of OAKS pride. i see no faults in this school. it is so excelent, and high achieving, i would recomend this school to anyone.

Posted June 22, 2010
I attend SMBS and I love it!! The teachers are great. They all have a reletionship with every student. The sports they have are also great: soccer, volleyball, basketball, golf, tennis, and track and field. I was on the Track and Field team this year. It was a great experience. The students don't judge each other and respect each other's skill. The acedemic level is also great. We have a great library and computer lab to help with projects.

Posted October 19, 2009
Fantastic school with great teachers and role models.

San Benancio Middle School

Posted October 15, 2009
Great staff and programs! The students,teachers,staff,community and parents really care about our school! This motivates the kids and makes learning fun!

San Benancio Middle School
43 San Benancio Road, Salinas, CA  93908-9133
Last modified San Benancio Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.