No rating

Sacred Heart School

Private | K-8 | 219 students

Living in Salinas

Situated in a suburban neighborhood. The median home value is $265,000. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $1,020.

Posted April 14, 2014

Sacred Heart is an exceptional school! My kids are safe, happy, and are getting a quality education from teachers who truly care about them. I feel welcome whenever I am on campus. Tbe Extention program is top notch! Homework gets done and is checked everyday! I can relax knowing that I have made the right decision in choosing Sacred Heart School!

Posted March 30, 2014

This is school where they only care about how much money you have. My daughter used to go here and all she remembers is how mean kids were. She is now happy and excelling at a public charter school. Sometimes you don't need to spend that much money to find the perfect place for your child. I am happy my child doesn't go here anymore.

Posted February 7, 2014

Sacred Heart school is an amazing school. We have a brand new "college like" Science lab and computer lab! It is a great family environment with a diverse student population. Our children love Sacred Heart and are getting a great education! One of our kids was struggling in reading, and the school offered a reading tutor - in-house, during school house and at absolutely no additional cost to our family. She is now excelling! Thank you, Sacred Heart for caring for our children! We love you!

Posted January 21, 2014

This school has no care about how the kids are doing. My child is in Third grade and there are over 35 kids in this class. One teacher one full time aide and one part time aide. There are kids who sit most of the day in the office EVERYDAY!!! I'm disgusted that the school has no plans to make this class any smaller. Thinking it may be time to leave this school.

Posted November 13, 2013

I love sacred heart school. It is very safe place for kids to learn. All my kids have attended sacred heart school, I would highly recommend this school to any parent.

Posted August 20, 2013

I have been at SHS for a while now, I have seen many changes. 5 years ago I was shocked by the new principal- she looked like she could have been my daughter! But what I have seen happen in the past 5 years is this: teachers who work together, not gossip in the parking lot, a curriculum that is improving, more challeging (yes that means more homework too), a swift reaction to teasing or isolating, more community service projects, more emphasis on the Catholic faith, more technology, more focus on science, and most important to me- more communication from the school to the parents. What I have seen is less favortism of parents (no more Principal/Parent Council run by a few parents), less elaborate parties that erquire parents to fork over $$ to "out do" other classes, and, my favorite- less asking us to sell things. I have never been happier, I have only a couple years left at SHS and I feel good about what my children are experiencing here.

Posted August 16, 2013

i do not get involved in politics and am disappointed when I hear bad mouthing from people who haven't bothered to talk to the staff. My concerns have always been met with openness and a willingness to work with both me and my child. The reviews below are incorrect in many ways- the second grade teacher is Catholic, almost the whole staff is Catholic. The turn over in staff means that teachers are held to a high standard- I would rather have a new teacher than some of the teachers who had been there for years but were not good. I love the technology and that my child goes to Mass. Yes, there is room to grow but I feel like the teachers work hard and the school is growing.

Posted April 30, 2013

I totally agree with the parent that had two children and knowrest that the teachers are no even credential and no even Catholic to have a second grade in charge since in second grade the students are getting prepare for first communion. I am very happy to see my son in his new school having incredible time and the bullying is ZERO tolerance! . Sacred Heart treated my son like they did no care about the way that he was treating for his classmates a lot bully! and the teacher with very poor knowledge in science projects. Thanks to the principal that she was in charge to talk about my financial situation with the rest of the staff and teachers. My son's new school has a great Principal and the staff very professional. Thanks God that I did no leave my son more years in this school. My financial situation is much much better and I was very careful to choose a great school with high standards academy programs.

Posted February 24, 2013

Starting from TK thru the 4th grade I had them attend this school and I totally agree with the parents comments regarding everything from high teacher turn over, change of administration staff, poor teaching skills, BULLYING and the parent CLIQUES. If you do not have " Parent Clique Standards" consider yourself a loner. The administration only talks to you and acknowledges you if they need something from you and by chance you are of stature -- then you automatically become a part of the clique. The kids behave in ungodly ways towards each other-- ironically. I didn't know any better and left my girls at the school until my oldest came to me and said that she HATED school and wish I would have never picked it! I immediately took them out and transferred them to the public school and they absolutely LOVE it! The homework is the same amount, the teachers are genuine and love their kids, the class sizes are the SAME and in my youngest daughters 1st grade class it is less, the bullying is ZERO tolerance, the principal is professional, not wet behind the ears, and acknowledges ALL PARENTS! Lastly, check to see if the teachers at this school are credentialed -- you will be surprised.

Posted September 29, 2012

Over the last 4 years my two kids have attended Sacred Heart with mixed results. Since the new administration there has been a high teacher turn over. Teachers that had been there for a long time were fired last year without warning. There is too much emphasis on "technology" and not enough for a quality education. Class sizes are large. Teachers are not very happy and tend to leave. Sometimes leaving the children without proper educators. A couple a years back the 7th graders had no English teacher for a semester. Kindergarten register 34 kids this year for one class, as expected the teacher is now cherry picking. In this school money is first. If you are looking for a quality education run... I have another kid attending Salinas Christian School and Sacred Heart pales in comparison. When I drop off my child teachers great my child and when I pick her up you can see and feel the comradery at Salinas Christian School something Sacred Heart lacks.

Posted August 10, 2012

I do not recommend this school because by the time my son was out of fourth grade he still had trouble with his time tables and within two years that he was there the administration fired and changed more than 6 teaching positions. There's also parent clicks of who has money and who doesn't and even though it is a catholic school there's still mean kids and bullies. There's also no time for science or social studies since they constantly go to mass and have church events.

Posted March 25, 2011

My two children currenlty attend Sacred Heart School and I am pleased to see such wonderful changes both in faculty and curriculum. The staff and parent board are definitley making some great advances for the school. New curriculum has been adapted to keep our children up to par in all subjects when they graduate. New smart boards have been installed in the classrooms which also helps the students a great deal in this age of everchanging technology.

Posted June 17, 2010

Sacred Heart School is a fantastic school. You can't find a better faculty! They are warm, understanding, and very professional. The students are very happy and at times don't want to leave at the end of the day. They develop close relationships and grow spiritually and academically.

Posted October 14, 2009

I have 2 children currently enrolled in SHS and I have absolutely NO PROBLEM with any of the staff members and or students. My kids love it there, the students are well behaved, religion is taught, education is way up to par compared to other schools and you do not need to fork out your checkbook in order to get problems handled at this school. Parent involvement is outstanding and thats what makes this school shine! You will have peace of mind leaving your child there compared to other schools. I have 4 children and plan to enroll my other 2 when the time comes.

Posted October 10, 2009

I come from several generations of Madonna del Sasso graduates in my family, and I chose Sacred Heart School over Madonna for my own children. The atmosphere on campus is one of collaboration between the faculty, staff and parents, and the overwhelming sense of family and community is the reason I chose Sacred Heart. I know that my children will be raised by a 'village' that has the same christ-centered morals and values I seek as a Catholic parent.

Posted October 10, 2009

I am so pleased I have chosen SHS for my 2 children. The school provides a well rounded curriculum and faith based values that we cherise as a family. The faculty is outstanding and dedicated to the student's needs as well as their potentials as individuals. We are so lucky to have a new principal this year who's focus is on strengthing our current curriculum, as well as enhancing areas such as math and science. Both my children have benefited from having 1 class per grade. It provides stability and consistency for them. They have built friendships that will last a lifetime. I know at SHS, my children are safe while they are at school, which is very important to me. We are so proud to be a part of Sacred Heart School!

Posted August 11, 2009

This school provides a great academic and christian enviornment. The children are all part of a large family that care for one another. The faculty are very strong in their academic teaching as well as their ability to support each individual student. No school is without their faults or drawbacks, however I feel this school well rounded.

Posted June 14, 2009

Teachers and staff are dedicated to providing a high quality education for students. Sacred Heart school completed their WASC review this spring and received excellent reviews and a 6 year accreditation.

Posted April 28, 2009

If you want your children to be in a strict environment , if you don't mind making appointments to be able to speak to anyone about your concerns of your childs education etc....and if you don't mind not having extra help unless of course you have your check book ready for EVERYTHING then this school is perfect for you! And as far as the three R's- I am confused why that is their motto...

Posted December 28, 2008

The 2003 review is out dated. Thefaculty is outstanding , academics are outstanding and all are dedicated to the school motto...respect,reverence andresponsibility.

Science, Technology, Engineering, & Math (STEM)

• Computer lab

• Ms. Jennifer Dean
  • Coed
Affiliation
  • Roman catholic
Associations
  • NCEA

Specific academic themes or areas of focus

• Religious

• Computer lab
  • Library
Partnerships with local resources and organizations
  • Diocese of Monterey

To learn more about enrolling, please call the school.

123 West Market Street