Sacred Heart School 4

Posted December 03, 2014
Victoria Torcolini was Principal at Sacred Heart School in Salinas from 2006-2009. During that time, SHS received a full NCEA/WASC credential which renewed its licensing for another 6 years. Well done!

Sacred Heart School 2

Posted September 11, 2014
Only 13 out of 18 of the 8th graders graduated last school year (Batch 2014). That should tell about its quality of education and its care for the students. Catholic identity was gone. But this school has now a new principal, hopefully things will turn around.

Posted April 14, 2014
Sacred Heart is an exceptional school! My kids are safe, happy, and are getting a quality education from teachers who truly care about them. I feel welcome whenever I am on campus. Tbe Extention program is top notch! Homework gets done and is checked everyday! I can relax knowing that I have made the right decision in choosing Sacred Heart School!

Sacred Heart School 1

Posted March 30, 2014
This is school where they only care about how much money you have. My daughter used to go here and all she remembers is how mean kids were. She is now happy and excelling at a public charter school. Sometimes you don't need to spend that much money to find the perfect place for your child. I am happy my child doesn't go here anymore.

Posted February 07, 2014
Sacred Heart school is an amazing school. We have a brand new "college like" Science lab and computer lab! It is a great family environment with a diverse student population. Our children love Sacred Heart and are getting a great education! One of our kids was struggling in reading, and the school offered a reading tutor - in-house, during school house and at absolutely no additional cost to our family. She is now excelling! Thank you, Sacred Heart for caring for our children! We love you!

Sacred Heart School 1

Posted January 21, 2014
This school has no care about how the kids are doing. My child is in Third grade and there are over 35 kids in this class. One teacher one full time aide and one part time aide. There are kids who sit most of the day in the office EVERYDAY!!! I'm disgusted that the school has no plans to make this class any smaller. Thinking it may be time to leave this school.

Posted November 13, 2013
I love sacred heart school. It is very safe place for kids to learn. All my kids have attended sacred heart school, I would highly recommend this school to any parent.

Posted August 20, 2013
I have been at SHS for a while now, I have seen many changes. 5 years ago I was shocked by the new principal- she looked like she could have been my daughter! But what I have seen happen in the past 5 years is this: teachers who work together, not gossip in the parking lot, a curriculum that is improving, more challeging (yes that means more homework too), a swift reaction to teasing or isolating, more community service projects, more emphasis on the Catholic faith, more technology, more focus on science, and most important to me- more communication from the school to the parents. What I have seen is less favortism of parents (no more Principal/Parent Council run by a few parents), less elaborate parties that erquire parents to fork over $$ to "out do" other classes, and, my favorite- less asking us to sell things. I have never been happier, I have only a couple years left at SHS and I feel good about what my children are experiencing here.

Posted August 16, 2013
i do not get involved in politics and am disappointed when I hear bad mouthing from people who haven't bothered to talk to the staff. My concerns have always been met with openness and a willingness to work with both me and my child. The reviews below are incorrect in many ways- the second grade teacher is Catholic, almost the whole staff is Catholic. The turn over in staff means that teachers are held to a high standard- I would rather have a new teacher than some of the teachers who had been there for years but were not good. I love the technology and that my child goes to Mass. Yes, there is room to grow but I feel like the teachers work hard and the school is growing.

Sacred Heart School 2

Posted April 30, 2013
I totally agree with the parent that had two children and knowrest that the teachers are no even credential and no even Catholic to have a second grade in charge since in second grade the students are getting prepare for first communion. I am very happy to see my son in his new school having incredible time and the bullying is ZERO tolerance! . Sacred Heart treated my son like they did no care about the way that he was treating for his classmates a lot bully! and the teacher with very poor knowledge in science projects. Thanks to the principal that she was in charge to talk about my financial situation with the rest of the staff and teachers. My son's new school has a great Principal and the staff very professional. Thanks God that I did no leave my son more years in this school. My financial situation is much much better and I was very careful to choose a great school with high standards academy programs.

Sacred Heart School