Posted March 22, 2015
I absolutely LOVE Sacred Heart! The communication between parents, teachers, and office staff is top notch. I get daily messages and pictures sent by my sons teacher through Class Dojo and Remind. I get weekly progress reports sent to my email every Sunday. I also get my sons Accelerated Reader score emailed to me every time he takes a test. It's so easy to keep track of my child's progress!

Posted March 02, 2015
I have two children that attend Sacred Heart School. I don't think I could ask for anything more in a school. The parents that bring their children to Sacred Heart School are caring, dedicated parents. Our new principal, Mrs. Rains is an incredible addition to our school. Her smiling face, positive attitude and warm heart is refreshing. She is always helping, even if it is cleaning up garbage after our family festival or serving chicken in our chicken booth. She is amazing. The children love her. We have a very caring and nurturing staff. Our school may be over a 100 years old but it has been maintained perfectly and we have several new buildings, a state of the art computer lab and "college like" science lab. The classes are currently producing commercials and their was a new twist to mission projects this year. They were able to choose from the traditional project of building a model to making a movie about their mission of choice. My children are learning so much and when they have needed an extra hand, Sacred Heart was provided additional help! Thank you, Sacred Heart and all of the wonderful teachers! I'm so glad that we chose Sacred Heart.

Posted February 03, 2015
I have two children that currently attend Sacred Heart School. We have a new Principal this year, Mrs. Rains, and she is absolute delight. My children leave the house with smiles on their faces and come home talking about their day. If I need anything the staff is quick to get back with me with an answer. They know each family by name and my children love going through the front office. My sons are in a safe and happy environment. Sacred Heart offers my children a faith enriched academic curriculum in a state of the art science and technology lab. My 4th grade son is currently learning to make a commercial in his computer class and my TK son is using an iPad to help re-enforce learning how to write his ABCs and numbers. Come see for yourself what Sacred Heart has to offer. Trust me actions speak louder than words. The campus, the teachers, the administration and the children show you everyday, what is spoken and taught is reinforced through acts of intelligence and social kindness.

Sacred Heart School 4

Posted December 03, 2014
Victoria Torcolini was Principal at Sacred Heart School in Salinas from 2006-2009. During that time, SHS received a full NCEA/WASC credential which renewed its licensing for another 6 years. Well done!

Sacred Heart School 2

Posted September 11, 2014
Only 13 out of 18 of the 8th graders graduated last school year (Batch 2014). That should tell about its quality of education and its care for the students. Catholic identity was gone. But this school has now a new principal, hopefully things will turn around.

Sacred Heart School 1

Posted March 30, 2014
This is school where they only care about how much money you have. My daughter used to go here and all she remembers is how mean kids were. She is now happy and excelling at a public charter school. Sometimes you don't need to spend that much money to find the perfect place for your child. I am happy my child doesn't go here anymore.

Posted February 07, 2014
Sacred Heart school is an amazing school. We have a brand new "college like" Science lab and computer lab! It is a great family environment with a diverse student population. Our children love Sacred Heart and are getting a great education! One of our kids was struggling in reading, and the school offered a reading tutor - in-house, during school house and at absolutely no additional cost to our family. She is now excelling! Thank you, Sacred Heart for caring for our children! We love you!

Sacred Heart School 1

Posted January 21, 2014
This school has no care about how the kids are doing. My child is in Third grade and there are over 35 kids in this class. One teacher one full time aide and one part time aide. There are kids who sit most of the day in the office EVERYDAY!!! I'm disgusted that the school has no plans to make this class any smaller. Thinking it may be time to leave this school.

Posted November 13, 2013
I love sacred heart school. It is very safe place for kids to learn. All my kids have attended sacred heart school, I would highly recommend this school to any parent.

Posted August 20, 2013
I have been at SHS for a while now, I have seen many changes. 5 years ago I was shocked by the new principal- she looked like she could have been my daughter! But what I have seen happen in the past 5 years is this: teachers who work together, not gossip in the parking lot, a curriculum that is improving, more challeging (yes that means more homework too), a swift reaction to teasing or isolating, more community service projects, more emphasis on the Catholic faith, more technology, more focus on science, and most important to me- more communication from the school to the parents. What I have seen is less favortism of parents (no more Principal/Parent Council run by a few parents), less elaborate parties that erquire parents to fork over $$ to "out do" other classes, and, my favorite- less asking us to sell things. I have never been happier, I have only a couple years left at SHS and I feel good about what my children are experiencing here.

Sacred Heart School