PK-8|Private

Bad
Good

I love Sacred Heart School, I have two children attending. My oldest child has been there since Kinder, now going into 6th grade, and my youngest started in TK now going on to 1st. I love the parents and staff, they make the school so warm and inviting. I also love the fact that my children are being educated in religious faith and a good solid base of morals. Over the years I have seen changes at Sacred Heart, like the addition of the pre-school, the tech and science labs, also I understand that this upcoming school year, the school is adding an Art and Theatre classes. All these reasons keep me motivated to continue my children’s education at Sacred Heart. Thank you Mrs. Rains and all your staff for making this a great place to learn!!

- Parents We had children at Sacred Heart. Kindergarten was great. However, the next few years just went downhill. There was no emphasize on Accelerated Reading, Science was not really taught (experiments here and there are not really science), Math and Language Arts curriculum were not as challenging. There was definitely less writing, which we had hope more. We had to supplement our children with additional work at home to kept them challenged. The classroom size has gotten bigger to 34-35 students per class. Some teachers didn't know how to teach the different levels of students in the classroom. As a private school, they could have done better.

I absolutely LOVE Sacred Heart! The communication between parents, teachers, and office staff is top notch. I get daily messages and pictures sent by my sons teacher through Class Dojo and Remind. I get weekly progress reports sent to my email every Sunday. I also get my sons Accelerated Reader score emailed to me every time he takes a test. It's so easy to keep track of my child's progress!

I have two children that attend Sacred Heart School. I don't think I could ask for anything more in a school. The parents that bring their children to Sacred Heart School are caring, dedicated parents. Our new principal, Mrs. Rains is an incredible addition to our school. Her smiling face, positive attitude and warm heart is refreshing. She is always helping, even if it is cleaning up garbage after our family festival or serving chicken in our chicken booth. She is amazing. The children love her. We have a very caring and nurturing staff. Our school may be over a 100 years old but it has been maintained perfectly and we have several new buildings, a state of the art computer lab and "college like" science lab. The classes are currently producing commercials and their was a new twist to mission projects this year. They were able to choose from the traditional project of building a model to making a movie about their mission of choice. My children are learning so much and when they have needed an extra hand, Sacred Heart was provided additional help! Thank you, Sacred Heart and all of the wonderful teachers! I'm so glad that we chose Sacred Heart.

I have two children that currently attend Sacred Heart School. We have a new Principal this year, Mrs. Rains, and she is absolute delight. My children leave the house with smiles on their faces and come home talking about their day. If I need anything the staff is quick to get back with me with an answer. They know each family by name and my children love going through the front office. My sons are in a safe and happy environment. Sacred Heart offers my children a faith enriched academic curriculum in a state of the art science and technology lab. My 4th grade son is currently learning to make a commercial in his computer class and my TK son is using an iPad to help re-enforce learning how to write his ABCs and numbers. Come see for yourself what Sacred Heart has to offer. Trust me actions speak louder than words. The campus, the teachers, the administration and the children show you everyday, what is spoken and taught is reinforced through acts of intelligence and social kindness.

Victoria Torcolini was Principal at Sacred Heart School in Salinas from 2006-2009. During that time, SHS received a full NCEA/WASC credential which renewed its licensing for another 6 years. Well done!

Only 13 out of 18 of the 8th graders graduated last school year (Batch 2014). That should tell about its quality of education and its care for the students. Catholic identity was gone. But this school has now a new principal, hopefully things will turn around.

This is school where they only care about how much money you have. My daughter used to go here and all she remembers is how mean kids were. She is now happy and excelling at a public charter school. Sometimes you don't need to spend that much money to find the perfect place for your child. I am happy my child doesn't go here anymore.

Sacred Heart school is an amazing school. We have a brand new "college like" Science lab and computer lab! It is a great family environment with a diverse student population. Our children love Sacred Heart and are getting a great education! One of our kids was struggling in reading, and the school offered a reading tutor - in-house, during school house and at absolutely no additional cost to our family. She is now excelling! Thank you, Sacred Heart for caring for our children! We love you!

This school has no care about how the kids are doing. My child is in Third grade and there are over 35 kids in this class. One teacher one full time aide and one part time aide. There are kids who sit most of the day in the office EVERYDAY!!! I'm disgusted that the school has no plans to make this class any smaller. Thinking it may be time to leave this school.

Last modified Sacred Heart School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8