West Shores High School 4

Posted August 25, 2013
Along the western shore of the Salton Sea in Southern California lies a secluded conglomerate of bright yellow buildings known to the desert community as West Shores High/Middle Schools, home to approximately 350 students in grades 7-12. The campus also serves as a home for the general community maintaining a sense of camaraderie for the local population. The beauty of this community comes from its diversity of migrant workers, hispanic families, African Americans, caucasians, and more. The people are down-to-earth and loving folks with dreams of a better future for their children. That is where West Shores comes into play. A short three years ago, our school earned the not-so-proud designation of being within the lowest academic performing schools in the State of California. Many changes and challenges came along with that title. Administrators, teachers, staff, parents, and, most importantly, students bandied together to make changes. After the School Improvement Grant ran out, we all succeeded in turning around the school, particularly in the academic state scoring. We topped a list of high schools within our own school district. Our goals and dreams for student success remain.

Posted July 20, 2011
This school has a great activities now than the years before I'm a student right now and I'm proud of what it has achieved for my academic knowledge I can't wait to see how it turns out in the future .

West Shores High School 1

Posted September 25, 2008

West Shores High School 5

Posted January 30, 2006

Posted December 30, 2005
West Shores is a growing school in a growing community. The economic base of the area is changing by the day with literally thousands of new homes popping up in the middle of the desert. The academic standards of the school have risen over the last half decade, but it won't rise much higher without the help of its community. There are a lot of things that need to be done, and I've spoken to many teachers who are optomistic about the school because of the surrounding growth. If the community treats this school right, it will be an ace in the hole for southern California. The students have the nerve and the talent. They just need the push.

Posted October 11, 2004

Posted October 08, 2004
- a former student
I am very dissapointed with the schooling I received from West Shores High School. I felt that the knowledge I carry with me today is a result of my own study and that of a handful of great teachers, none of whom teach at the school currently. There is a great lack of activities for students and lack of student interest to do anything. It seems that great amounts of money are spent on things like trees and a brand new gym which dont get treated properly and fall into disrepare. There are no arts programs, no visual, performing or musical arts of any kind. I say these things not out of cross feelings and memories of West Shores but because I am dissapointed the problems with this school is getting ignored or unknown. The students suffer the most.

West Shores High School
2381 Shore Hawk Avenue, Salton City, CA  92275
Last modified West Shores High School is a Public school that serves grades 7-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
West Shores High School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 7 reviews.