Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Effective (1 response)

Brookside Elementary School 4

Posted May 31, 2015
I have been very happy with Brookside for the most part. Cameron is an excellent principal. The staff is amazing and the parent involvement is incredible. My only issue involves a lack at times with differentiated instruction. Whether enrichment is needed for the accelerated student or assistance to the struggling student.

Posted March 07, 2015
We love this school! The teachers here are very dedicated and committed to our kids. The Principal, Billy Cameron, is amazing and has done a great job creating such a positive learning environment and has a great command of the school. The sense of community here is awesome and we have a lot of parent involvement in the school. We have actually met so many of our good friends here and love the down-to-earth vibe at the school. Thankfully, I don't think we have one Range Rover at the school. :) Our oldest daughter is in 5th grade and started here from the beginning and she has really loved her whole experience here. We have another daughter in 3rd grade and she is doing great. They are both learning a lot and making lot's of friends. We couldn't be happier.

Posted July 14, 2012
I am a parent of two children attending Brookside and aside from the principal turnover, we are very happy with the school and education it provides us. The things I look for in a school for our kids is teachers who care about their kids and teaching skills, community involvement, and constant improvement and from my involvement thus far have all been met.

Posted October 11, 2011
I went to brookside about 6 years ago now and am still using what i learned from my truly fantastic teachers today in high school. The majority of the students i went to elementary school with are extremely good students now and are in the advanced classes. Brookside prepared me well for middle school and high school as well, and i highly recommend it to any parent looking for a school for their child. Parents at brookside are very involved, the teachers are great, and despite what the other reviews say, brookside is very welcoming.

Brookside Elementary School 2

Posted August 28, 2011
Upper Brookside School is a good fit for a mainstream learner. Out of the box learners do not seem to be tolerated too well at this school. I was not happy with the services for my child with learning differences. This is a very homogeneous school. The school prides itself on its test scores but I think there is not much heart here. The parents are very involved. There are some good teachers but there are also some bad apples.

Brookside Elementary School 2

Posted January 21, 2011
We love our sons teacher, but are disappointed in the general academic expectations. There has been no reciprocity among parents as far as playdates and I feel a lack of community here. Our son will not be returning next year.

Brookside Elementary School 1

Posted November 30, 2010
Brookside has many talented, wonderful teachers. However, if you are not fortunate enough to get one of these teachers ( or realistically, not well enough connected to arrange for your child to get one) Brookside can be a difficult place to be. Expect any concern to be met with the phrase, "With state budget cuts, these things happen." Lack of funding is the norm in CA public schools. It does not give teachers carte blanche to treat children in ANY matter they chose because they don't have more help in the classroom. Top administrator is clearly over her head in her new role. My children will not be returning next year.

Posted April 27, 2010
It's simple. My son is happy everyday after school and I'm thrilled at all of the new information he comes home with daily!

Posted September 16, 2009
Brookiside is an amazing community of parents and staff that create a school dedicated to the whole child!

Posted October 14, 2008
Brookside is a great school, teachers are great, the whole school staff are very nice, this is my second time around with our second child, she loves going to kindergarten. The teachers are very involved with the students, the parents are involved as well which is great and the kids enjoy to see their parents at their class room helping out, we just really like brookside, this is one of the best school.

116 Butterfield Road, San Anselmo, CA  94960-1562
Last modified Brookside Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.